[ROM] PARANOIDANDROID [CM9HYBRID] Obsolete

Search This thread

drkknight74

Dec 4, 2010
Love this rom! Switching it to my daily rom from aokp. This looks and feels great, minus the keyboard of course. Keep up the great work!
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

molesarecoming

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
keyboard is fixed. one or two pages back, get it while its hot. will also be included in the next package of course. :)

atc3030

Feb 9, 2009
Me and molesarecoming are partnering up to bring you a well functioning and supported from and we have discussed making it based off of aokp and he has said he had problems with them modifying the aosp tablet code. However. When I get a chance. I am going to really look hard at getting this working for aokp. Thanks for your support guys

Reactions: pingpongboss

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
aokp i dont know - i still think its not a good base. it has untested tablet functionality in it and alot of tablet related bugs. i used if for over a month and i can say for sure cm9 or base aosp is better suited, way better. for now i need to think where i want to go with this but im deeply sunken in code right now as i was rewriting trebuchet today - cant really concentrate on anything else until this is done.

well and what can i say, its PERFECT. that will be the most buttery experience you can have on tabmode i swear. and this way im not dependent on nova/apex, etc and you could still install them if you wanted. i have a few cosmetic things to iron out, then i'll get a fresh repo, compile my patches and tomorrow you'll have an update. and im proud of that one. :)

boynamedstacy

Apr 3, 2011
Spokane
www.talkandroid.com
I don't know about that moles. . What was the last version of aokp that you tried? 33 was near perfect and now 34 is of the chain. I dont even think there are any bugs? Now we got M5 and I think that would be a wiser choice. Much more swagger than cm9 :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 3 Beta-1

brmayhem

Jun 7, 2010
I don't know about that moles. . What was the last version of aokp that you tried? 33 was near perfect and now 34 is of the chain. I dont even think there are any bugs? Now we got M5 and I think that would be a wiser choice. Much more swagger than cm9 :)

Phone still force closes and nav buttons are still too close together on m5.

Although I'd prefer AOKP myself, cm9 is doing just fine now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

breakerfall

May 7, 2006
Hey all. The post title here shows 20120428 but the file available for download is 20120427. Any thoughts?

yeah right

Oct 5, 2010
Orange County Ny
Can't update Nova! I try and it says its not signed properly? The one that came with the rom is a beta version. Dock doesn't show up on landscape too. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
Wait for next update. You will be able to update nova without troubles. You might wanna stay on coming trebuchet though, read 1 page back.

boynamedstacy

Apr 3, 2011
Spokane
www.talkandroid.com
Phone still force closes and nav buttons are still too close together on m5.

Although I'd prefer AOKP myself, cm9 is doing just fine now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Really? Stock aokp or somebody else's reincarnation? I haven't noticed either of those issues. We talking tablet or phone for the close nav buttons? Looks good on both here.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335746066208.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335746066208.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 208

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

paranoid.png

op-1_nexus.png

op-2_nexus.png

op-3_nexus.png

op-4_nexus.png

op-5_nexus.png

paranoid_notab.png

This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone. I know you've seen tablet mode roms before, and indeed it's a start, but this ain't enough. This thing has potential, but it is wasted the moment you try to stuff a full blown tablet into your poor phone. Yet we all know our high res phones can very well handle more than silly 1-column layouts. So the magic must be in between somewhere, a place that Google must have overlooked and left blank.
    Yes, this rom strives to drop your device into tablet mode, but it won't stop there, it will reshape and redefine ICS to make it all a usefull addition and not just a cute novelty. i'm calling it: Hybrid Mode, best of both worlds.

Donations to CM http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/donate, to D4rKn3sSyShttp://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=3484876, to me http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4491046

paranoid_instructions.png

paranoid_hints.png

• Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL
    • Check "Auto Hide" in Settings, System, Statusbar, to finally get Fullscreen
    • Trebuchet Settings: margins:SMALL, show permanent searchbar:YES, Grid: 5x4, resize all widgets:YES, Wallpaper scrolling: OFF
    • Themes and other goodies you can find here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1646034

paranoid_trouble.png

• ---

paranoid_credits.png

finally PARANOIDANDROID 1.2 is ready to go. it took alot of time to setup git, create a unified based shared by a growing number of devices. jesus wrote new cool apps like backup and OTA. jon made repos and overlays. i rewrote pad/pad-hybrid from scratch and wrote some nice trebuchet additions. 1.2 will introduce alot of new features and it'll be such a burden from my shoulders when this thing is out and hopyfully has few troubles.

things that do work
    LOCKSCREEN scaling and overall SYSTEM scaling (dialogs, toasts, etc.)
    error where app shows up in the wrong UI will be fixed
    complete rewrite of pad/pal - should be faster and better
    trebuchet changes (4x4 grid folder, background settings, tablet effects)
    tool to backup pad.prop
    new panel options

what doesnt:
    i still couldnt find out why facebook crops images.

and this will be an official build - we have a unified git base now. this is what took so long, it was HELLISH to set that up. jon can compile from that 100% clean cdma builds.
    ok guys, uploads in the making. 0.9 is coming.
    ok guys. sorry i was so scarce recently, i had alot of work to do. 1.1 is out for maguro and it brings tons of new features - but your rom will be compiled and maintained by jaybob413. this means someone who's got himself a cdma device will look over it, many of the troubles you've had will probably disappear (sms. carrier-label, etc.). because of this you need to endure a slight delay.

i advise you to wait, simply coz the surprise is bigger. but for those of you with technical inclinations i made you a small cooking receipe:

make a nandroid
    download cm9 nightly from 29-05
    download 0.9-TORO and 1.1-MAGURO
    open 0.9 with winrar or 7zip
    copy /system/build.prop from 0.9 into nightly
    copy /system/pad.prop from 1.1 into nightly
    copy /system/bootanimation.zip from 1.1 into nightly
    copy /system/app from 1.1 into nightly
    copy /system/framework from 1.1 into nightly
    reboot and cross fingers it'll reboot ---- with luck it will, if not, soon you'll have a real rom.

:)
    guys, next update will be the most revolutionary rom that EVER existed.

ALL tablet related issues are solved, the frontiers are gone. you can set launchers to mobile mode in tabmode and they will run like stock, no hack. you can run youtube in 3d in normal phonemode if you want. you are free to do whatever you want. next rom will give you the option to switch between phone and tablet mode.

im so happy about this, all this work, and we're finally there. there is officially no tablet mode anymore, it does not exist anymore. all whats left is hybrid mode and if that wont become the defacto standard in android i'll get an iphone and hope people over there will have more oversight. :D