Official Sprint ICS Officially Slated and Dated

Search This thread

t4d73

Sep 28, 2011
Dude, when I came back to them after leaving AT&T (because they refused to honor my unlimited data plan. LOOOONG story), Sprint seriously effed my bill.

After three months of hassle and few credits, all was straight and good. The 4G network has more holes than Swiss cheese, but, there is a method I'm going to try to increase reception (some sort of setting to change using QPST or actual line codes, can't remember where I saw it yesterday). But, aside from all of that, my phone is pretty boss and does what I need it to do and I don't have to worry about data usage, and boy, can I use some data!!!!!!!

I still want a cleaned up version of their release of the ICS ROM, though. Until then, I am content with what I have.

EDIT: BTW, if you look at AT&T's pricing and Verizon's, they are considerably more expensive than Sprint's. With Sprint, my phone alone was $92 a month including taxes and an insurance plan. The same thing at AT&T with a 2GB plan instead of unlimited was starting at $110 or $115, something like that. This was a few months ago, could have changed by now, seeing how they change their minds more than they do their underwear.

Lol the underwear thing made me laugh. But its true. I've been with Sprint for over 10 yrs and never had any problems with my bill or service so i guess I'm pretty lucky. I've heard of that epst thing with the data too. Although I'm not rooted cuz this was a replacement for my og EVO. I think I pooped a little when i found out they were replacing the ogs with 3ds and I'm afraid if i mess this thing up it won't be ad easy to say I lost my phone again. Besides compared to the og this thing is insane to me! I think my biggest problem before I got it was I was flashing sometimes 3 roms a day and i like how everything on this works the way it should. Just want my update. But so does everyone else.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

saboxerman

Jul 6, 2010
Duluth
Lol the underwear thing made me laugh. But its true. I've been with Sprint for over 10 yrs and never had any problems with my bill or service so i guess I'm pretty lucky. I've heard of that epst thing with the data too. Although I'm not rooted cuz this was a replacement for my og EVO. I think I pooped a little when i found out they were replacing the ogs with 3ds and I'm afraid if i mess this thing up it won't be ad easy to say I lost my phone again. Besides compared to the og this thing is insane to me! I think my biggest problem before I got it was I was flashing sometimes 3 roms a day and i like how everything on this works the way it should. Just want my update. But so does everyone else.

Yeah, to be honest, I like some of the things the Evo 4G had. Kick stand was sweet and i like the wider screen. But, the 3D does out perform it. I don't really use the 3D feature, though.

You probably got HBOOT 1.5, which has posed issues to peeps trying to root. It's a bit more involved from what I know, but, still rooting is worth it. Check out the threads about it in the dev section. There's a bunch of cool stuff these phones can do. I've flashed the snot out of mine and still no issues.

And, I had Nextel, then they were bought out by Sprint. The hybrid phone I had never dropped a signal (unless using the walkie talkie feature). But, then went to AT&T, got kicked in the nards a couple times, and went back to Sprint. I have a few friends and family on Verizon and T-Mobile. Verizon is stupid expensive and T-Mobile is bleh. So, with Sprint I stick and frequently hunt for a 4G spot! LOL!

t4d73

Sep 28, 2011
Yeah, to be honest, I like some of the things the Evo 4G had. Kick stand was sweet and i like the wider screen. But, the 3D does out perform it. I don't really use the 3D feature, though.

You probably got HBOOT 1.5, which has posed issues to peeps trying to root. It's a bit more involved from what I know, but, still rooting is worth it. Check out the threads about it in the dev section. There's a bunch of cool stuff these phones can do. I've flashed the snot out of mine and still no issues.

And, I had Nextel, then they were bought out by Sprint. The hybrid phone I had never dropped a signal (unless using the walkie talkie feature). But, then went to AT&T, got kicked in the nards a couple times, and went back to Sprint. I have a few friends and family on Verizon and T-Mobile. Verizon is stupid expensive and T-Mobile is bleh. So, with Sprint I stick and frequently hunt for a 4G spot! LOL!

And yeah I do have that hboot. But the thought if intentionally bricking my phone kinda creeps me out. Ur right though root is best. Even if its just for the adfree app. They really get anoying lol.

eboogie33

Aug 15, 2010
At&t vivid owners got official beats audio with their ics update. Be nice if we get the same love

mreyesems

Mar 10, 2011
Bronx
Man, Sprint is slacking so much.. between delaying/postponing the originally mentioned ICS release as an update to one of their flagship devices, their fluctuating prices, their spotty/unreliable 3G, their once in a blue 4G and their lack of excellent customer service, they definitely don't surpass other companies.

Every month, even with a 23% discount for EMS, my phone bill is going higher and higher, pushing $100 with every month that passes..

They originally said 2012-Q1 and yet here we are approaching June and all we have is a ICS leak for a prepaid carrier getting the update first when they didn't even get the phone first..

If that doesn't prove Sprint has no loyalty to customers, I don't know what does.

Their 3G hardly ever works. They call it the Now Network, and yet we wait til Later for pages, data to load. The Later Network.

The 4G? Sad excuse for a 4G network. You get a connection every few blocks at most.

Customer service? Just last month, I called to complain about 3G data service/connectivity and the rep seriously tells me, "you live in what we call a 4G area, so your 3G isn't going to work as good. You have to keep your 4G on in order to access optimal connectivity." Of course, he didn't say it as nicely.. it was more along the lines of "Yeah, oh well, we don't care about your battery life, we don't care about your customer experience with our ancient 3G network, use this experimental 4G network since our original network didn't provide the service it should have provided from the beginning." ..

I had no issues with AT&T before. None. pricing was expensive but you know what, I'd rather the extra 20 n change a month for a reliable network and customer service than cheaper service and ****ty service.. I guess you get what you pay for huh... Sprint should just call it quits, go under Boost completely and get rid of their postpaid division. At least IMHO.. Sorry. lol.

saboxerman

Jul 6, 2010
Duluth

Awe! I want the kick stand case!!!

And yeah I do have that hboot. But the thought if intentionally bricking my phone kinda creeps me out. Ur right though root is best. Even if its just for the adfree app. They really get anoying lol.

I understand that fear. We all take that chance when we root. If I were you, I'd see if there someone I could pay to do it for me so if they screw it up, they replace it. But, the two biggest benefits to rooting, IMO, is full system backups and the ability to debloat. Check the dev forum if you haven't lately. I think there is a definitive method now, however, I don't know if it involves a definite brick. There is a down grading option, too.

Man, Sprint is slacking so much.. between delaying/postponing the originally mentioned ICS release as an update to one of their flagship devices, their fluctuating prices, their spotty/unreliable 3G, their once in a blue 4G and their lack of excellent customer service, they definitely don't surpass other companies.

Every month, even with a 23% discount for EMS, my phone bill is going higher and higher, pushing $100 with every month that passes..

They originally said 2012-Q1 and yet here we are approaching June and all we have is a ICS leak for a prepaid carrier getting the update first when they didn't even get the phone first..

If that doesn't prove Sprint has no loyalty to customers, I don't know what does.

Their 3G hardly ever works. They call it the Now Network, and yet we wait til Later for pages, data to load. The Later Network.

The 4G? Sad excuse for a 4G network. You get a connection every few blocks at most.

Customer service? Just last month, I called to complain about 3G data service/connectivity and the rep seriously tells me, "you live in what we call a 4G area, so your 3G isn't going to work as good. You have to keep your 4G on in order to access optimal connectivity." Of course, he didn't say it as nicely.. it was more along the lines of "Yeah, oh well, we don't care about your battery life, we don't care about your customer experience with our ancient 3G network, use this experimental 4G network since our original network didn't provide the service it should have provided from the beginning." ..

I had no issues with AT&T before. None. pricing was expensive but you know what, I'd rather the extra 20 n change a month for a reliable network and customer service than cheaper service and ****ty service.. I guess you get what you pay for huh... Sprint should just call it quits, go under Boost completely and get rid of their postpaid division. At least IMHO.. Sorry. lol.

WOW! :eek: stupid experience and sorry to hear it. I had a Horrible experience has you have described, but the company was the one you say you had no problem. T be honest, none of the companies look out for their customers. AT&T made guarantees to me more than once and then their guarantee turned out to be a lie and there best excuse was "oh we'll, live with it."

I fully admit Sprint borked my bill, but, ever since, it's been straight and I'm fortunate to live in an area where I get steady 3G, however, spotty 4G.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not only is this probably in the wrong place, it has been posted before...

Not necessary. Guy's just trying to be helpful and no doubt the mods will move this one. Chill out about it.
    For those who may not have seen this, a Sprint VP yesterday put a date on when we might expect the *official* Sprint ICS update - and it will include Sense 3.6. In light of the VM woes, I for one will be in the "waiting for the official" camp. I apologize if this has been seen before - but to my knowledge this is the first *official* word on a release date from Sprint brass.

From the mouth of David Owens, a VP for the wireless provider, "the eagerly-awaited Ice Cream Sandwich update for the HTC EVO 3D is set to arrive sometime in June."

http://www.mobilebloom.com/arrival-...-next-month-confirmed-by-sprint-exec/2213697/
    Not necessary. Guy's just trying to be helpful and no doubt the mods will move this one. Chill out about it.

True story....

Regardless, dude was trying to be helpful, and he was. Helped me. I've interested to hear the news and haven't seen it elsewhere. No one here has the time to read every single post in every single thread on every single forum. So, glad I caught it here as I've been waiting patiently.

Until then, I'm enjoying the Kingdom Boost ICS ROM has it has been fully functional with hardly any glitches. Android 4.0 + HTC Sense 3.6 = Win (in my book).
    For those who may not have seen this, a Sprint VP yesterday put a date on when we might expect the *official* Sprint ICS update - and it will include Sense 3.6. In light of the VM woes, I for one will be in the "waiting for the official" camp. I apologize if this has been seen before - but to my knowledge this is the first *official* word on a release date from Sprint brass.

http://www.mobilebloom.com/arrival-...-next-month-confirmed-by-sprint-exec/2213697/

Thanks for the info. I haven't read it yet. Not sure if it's posted in the correct forum, however, I'm glad you did because I wouldn't have caught it otherwise.
    Not only is this probably in the wrong place, it has been posted before...

Meh... I included a pre-emptory mea culpa both in the OP and after. I would, in complete sincerity, love to know where the *official* date estimate was posted before... I say that only because the interview quoted happened *yesterday*. Any dates before that were, according to the article, pure speculation.

Having said that, I concur that this is probably in the wrong place and again would say feel free to move it...