[rom] [01.07.14] Desire X STOCK ROM 2.20.401.6 Jelly Bean Sense 4+

Search This thread

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
As I notice there are some users who messed up his newly Jelly Bean updated ROM and unable to revert to stock Jelly Bean, I present you
the STOCK Jelly Bean with Sense 4+ for Desire X

For anyone want to use this ROM as his base for a Custom ROM, go ahead no need to PM me for permission

STOCK Jelly Bean with Sense 4+ build 2.20.401.6 for Desire X

Credits.png

neXus PRIME for the JB TWRP Recovery
doiutzu for testing the updater-script and other tests
And anyone directly / indirectly contribute for this ROM

Features.png

• 100% pure stock ROM
  • Not rooted
  • No Busybox
  • Nothing extra

Changelog.png

• hTC update build 2.20.401.6 (with Heartbleed fix)
  • Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 (JRO03C)
  • Sense 4+
  • Kernel: 3.4.0-g2b619a5
  • With this version you can download and flash OTA from hTC when there is one(you need stock boot.img and recovery.img)

Requirements.png

Instructions.png

• Put the 2.20.401.6_odexed.zip on your sdcard
  • Make sure you already have the TWRP for JB hboot installed (NOT the stock recovery)
  • Make sure that you have the right JB boot.img already installed, if you are not so sure or don't know, fastboot flash the attached stock boot.img (For S-On DX)
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Make a full wipe is recommended
  • Install the 2.20.401.6_odexed.zip as how you normally install a custom ROM
  • Reboot once completed and you are done

Notes.png

• Stock boot.img and Stock recovery.img attached here in case you want to revert to completely stock
  • Do not use the attached recovery.img to flash 2.20.401.6_odexed.zip, you JB custom recovery for this purpose

Attachments

• boot.img
    4.3 MB · Views: 12,492
  • recovery.img
    5.4 MB · Views: 9,976
Last edited:

mzz163

Jan 23, 2013
Lahore
respect to developers

respect to all developers but after trying everything for DX, best combination is yasir and ckpv5. u both r awesome guys

Reactions: neXus PRIME

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Guys... as mentioned on OP... read the requirements:

For hboot 1.25.0002 only

If your hboot 1.25.0002 yes you can install the ROM
If it is hboot 1.24.0000 and below no you can't install the ROM

But I have Reserve post #2 and post #3 for a reason but I have no time to write these tutorial yet

post #2 - how to get hboot 1.25.0002 for some CIDs

post #3 - how to install this ROM on hboot 1.24.0000 and lower

mintyx

Dec 2, 2012
Guys... as mentioned on OP... read the requirements:

For hboot 1.25.0002 only

If your hboot 1.25.0002 yes you can install the ROM
If it is hboot 1.24.0000 and below no you can't install the ROM

But I have Reserve post #2 and post #3 for a reason but I have no time to write these tutorial yet

post #2 - how to get hboot 1.25.0002 for some CIDs

post #3 - how to install this ROM on hboot 1.24.0000 and lower

I bet post 3 will be most popular :eek:.

Reactions: Fujomodobuga

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Redmi Note 9
Excuse me for the stupid question ,but just to be shure...(cuz on file write odex, but i guess is this some kind changed??)This is stock rom with that i can recive updates via OTA ? and install them ? with this rom can i make format factory and etc ? How to install boot.img and recovery.img the stock ? I want all to be stock like ru ics.

mrpeev

Mar 27, 2013
Its not working for me and I dont know why...I did everything right but after instaling the rom after reboot its a black screen, I wait about half an hour but still nothing :( and my hboot is the right one 1.25.0002

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Excuse me for the stupid question ,but just to be shure...(cuz on file write odex, but i guess is this some kind changed??)This is stock rom with that i can recive updates via OTA ? and install them ? with this rom can i make format factory and etc ? How to install boot.img and recovery.img the stock ? I want all to be stock like ru ics.

Odex means stock, Deodexed means custom ;)

Reactions: Leon

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Its not working for me and I dont know why...I did everything right but after instaling the rom after reboot its a black screen, I wait about half an hour but still nothing :( and my hboot is the right one 1.25.0002

Which recovery and what kernel/boot.img ?
Black screen usually wrong boot.img or wrong boot partition

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As I notice there are some users who messed up his newly Jelly Bean updated ROM and unable to revert to stock Jelly Bean, I present you
    the STOCK Jelly Bean with Sense 4+ for Desire X

For anyone want to use this ROM as his base for a Custom ROM, go ahead no need to PM me for permission

STOCK Jelly Bean with Sense 4+ build 2.20.401.6 for Desire X

Credits.png

neXus PRIME for the JB TWRP Recovery
    doiutzu for testing the updater-script and other tests
    And anyone directly / indirectly contribute for this ROM

Features.png

• 100% pure stock ROM
    • Not rooted
    • No Busybox
    • Nothing extra

Changelog.png

• hTC update build 2.20.401.6 (with Heartbleed fix)
    • Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 (JRO03C)
    • Sense 4+
    • Kernel: 3.4.0-g2b619a5
    • With this version you can download and flash OTA from hTC when there is one(you need stock boot.img and recovery.img)

Requirements.png

Instructions.png

• Put the 2.20.401.6_odexed.zip on your sdcard
    • Make sure you already have the TWRP for JB hboot installed (NOT the stock recovery)
    • Make sure that you have the right JB boot.img already installed, if you are not so sure or don't know, fastboot flash the attached stock boot.img (For S-On DX)
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Make a full wipe is recommended
    • Install the 2.20.401.6_odexed.zip as how you normally install a custom ROM
    • Reboot once completed and you are done

Notes.png

• Stock boot.img and Stock recovery.img attached here in case you want to revert to completely stock
    • Do not use the attached recovery.img to flash 2.20.401.6_odexed.zip, you JB custom recovery for this purpose

Sorry guys for the delay... just come back from outstation.

Now testing a new updater-script ... if it is ok, both JB hboot and ICS hboot do not need a separate updater-script, means that a ROM can be installed on both JB & ICS hboot; I don't have to upload two different updater-script ;)

It works for ICS hboot .. I'll be in contact with a person with JB hboot to test the updater-script. If all goes well... I'll upload the deodexed ROM tomorrow.
    If you want, i could write these for you. Just PM me a very basic explenation and i'll write the guides for you.
    Please update the TUT how to install this rom for hboot 1.24 and lower.HTC will never gonna update Indian CIDs to jellybean.So our only hope is your JB rom.If u dont update your TUT bcoz of sum freaks who dont know how to install a rom many users like us f***ed up by HTC can never taste Jellybean on our lower hotboots.So please please update the TUTs for lower hotboots version.
    Write a guide people will flash on their own risk, or pm me or anyone who can write a guide for you. :highfive:

Thanks guys for the offer... it' ok, I can write my own guide ;)

I think I just leave this ROM as it is - a stock ROM for people who want to get back to stock, means purely stock

I will put up another Stock ROM (in a separate thread) with below features:

Deodexed
    Rooted
    Busybox pre-installed
    Init.d support
    hTC Write Protection disabled
    (means 100% full root)

This kind of ROM is more useful for custom ROM lovers as you can mod the ROM as you like, remove anything that you don't want, put in some tweaks and so on.

Also this will help some Dev to enhance further with their own customization and release more custom ROMs for all of us.

ETA ?? In next two or three days or maybe sooner ;)
    [updated-20.04.13] Desire X STOCK ROM 2.20.401.5 Jelly Bean Sense 4+

ROM updated - 20.04.13

Clean-up the updater-script - removed some unneeded and add-in some missing parts

Clean-up the ROM - removed some unneeded and duplicate files.
    More Sense 4+ Lite Skins Part I

More skins fully built for Stock Jelly Bean Sense 4+ Part I

Aluminum 4+, Infinite 4+, Serene 4+

Steel 4+, Matte 4+

Download : HERE