O2 UK 4G

Search This thread

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Just noticed my phone is showing 4G now with O2 UK (YORK) - Anyone else have the update ( My 3UK also shows 4G from today) - I can't see anything from O2 to say the roll out has taken place. Anyone else in the Yorkshire area confirm?

I have noticed that 4G seems to be rolling out quite quickly with O2, while sluggish at the start. Not too sure about 3 though, I'm hoping that they update the mast near me soon, I live 4 miles from the exchange and get 1.5mb on my wired connection so having 4G will be a boon for me

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
I have noticed that 4G seems to be rolling out quite quickly with O2, while sluggish at the start. Not too sure about 3 though, I'm hoping that they update the mast near me soon, I live 4 miles from the exchange and get 1.5mb on my wired connection so having 4G will be a boon for me

I just had a look around the O2 forums and asked over there, since York has No ETA for roll out, It's more than likely a test of the software, but I'm hoping it's for real. Was weird cause my 3UK went 4G also today.. :D

descb600f

Jun 30, 2009
I just had a look around the O2 forums and asked over there, since York has No ETA for roll out, It's more than likely a test of the software, but I'm hoping it's for real. Was weird cause my 3UK went 4G also today.. :D

We can get in Grangemouth just outside Falkirk about 20 miles from Edinburgh but again O2 have no date for the Falkirk area.
It is faint but very much usable

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
We can get in Grangemouth just outside Falkirk about 20 miles from Edinburgh but again O2 have no date for the Falkirk area.
It is faint but very much usable

Ahh so they're testing and leaving it switched on then? -- Good enough for me. It's working in Leeds which isn't too far from me.. So maybe just expanding the area under Leeds then maybe?