4g/3g Icon While on WiFi

Search This thread

ChrisNee1988

Nov 2, 2010
Anyone know why the 4g/3g icon stays on the status bar while I'm connected to WiFi? My status bar is getting extremely cluttered... On my Galaxy S4, it went away when I disabled caller ID but it didn't work on this phone.

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
I think it's a sense thing. All the icons up there are annoying me. At one point I only had 3 notification icons available after blue tooth alarm vibrate battery percent and then there's a couple that pop up and I'm not sure what causes them.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

ChrisNee1988

Nov 2, 2010
I think it's a sense thing. All the icons up there are annoying me. At one point I only had 3 notification icons available after blue tooth alarm vibrate battery percent and then there's a couple that pop up and I'm not sure what causes them.

There's one for boomsound and one for NFC, my bar fills up really quick too.

ChrisNee1988

Nov 2, 2010
3aberuna.jpg

No room at all for notifications :(

Reactions: S121Guy

Preston2291

Aug 29, 2011

It's not a sense thing. It is part of the Caller ID crap that Verizon puts on your phone. It is using your wifi not cell data. If and when we achieve root and you use titanium backup to uninstall the caller ID, it will disappear. My SGS4 had the same thing on it till I rooted and used titanium backup to uninstall. If you disable the caller ID app it may remove the icon.

Sent from my Verizon HTC M8

ChrisNee1988

Nov 2, 2010
It's not a sense thing. It is part of the Caller ID crap that Verizon puts on your phone. It is using your wifi not cell data. If and when we achieve root and you use titanium backup to uninstall the caller ID, it will disappear. My SGS4 had the same thing on it till I rooted and used titanium backup to uninstall. If you disable the caller ID app it may remove the icon.

I disabled caller id and it didn't go away.

Preston2291

Aug 29, 2011
<br />
<br />
I disabled caller id and it didn't go away.

It is part of the app whether disabled or not it may also be integrated into the operating system that's all you had to titanium backup to actually uninstall it

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
Anyone know why the 4g/3g icon stays on the status bar while I'm connected to WiFi? My status bar is getting extremely cluttered... On my Galaxy S4, it went away when I disabled caller ID but it didn't work on this phone.

It started for me with the 4.4.2 update on the M7. Guess they carried it over.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts