[Q] CWM Recovery for Allwinner A33?

Search This thread

sketch2k278

May 15, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I think so ;)
I ask for a CM rom because I have slow wifi signal but I can't understand if it's an hardware trouble or a software trouble...

My issue are 2 things the constant ads that pop up (minor issue) and second is the space, very low space.... I have an 32gb sd card and I'd like to use that as the primary storage, but since the tablet is kit Kat switching the storage around isn't done the same as its done in jelly bean and from what I read it can only be done by flashing in CMW recovery because ads to sd doesn't always work

pelata

Apr 5, 2011
I have exactly the same your problems! I can't understand why they partition the main memory when they could use the whole space to install apps... And I want to remove that damn ads popups too!

My model is recognized as softwinner "V11", I'd like to know if CM designed for other similiar tablets works...

sketch2k278

May 15, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I have exactly the same your problems! I can't understand why they partition the main memory when they could use the whole space to install apps... And I want to remove that damn ads popups too!

My model is recognized as softwinner "V11", I'd like to know if CM designed for other similiar tablets works...

Yup im certain that we have the same tablet because mines is also softwinner V11 lol

Mulletmeister

Feb 24, 2014
Eastbourne
Hi guys. I've got an a33 quad core tablet badged ciprotec but I know it's allwinner based (obviously). Have you guys managed to get yours rooted? Mine runs 4.4.2 kvt49l. It's OK for messing around on but I need to practice my developing skills!! Cheers!

Da5t3rati0n

Oct 7, 2012
That tab is should already rooted I have one too but I found the preinstalled root doesn't work properly. Cant remember quite how i got it working but i think i used supersu to delete and reinstall the root script or I might have had to hook it up to the pc with a bit of software for flashing allwinners that I found. When you do have it rooted get gl2sd if your running kitkat so you can use the external sd for some of the bigger app installs rather than the rather small internal sd, but before that make sure the write permissions are enabled to sd there are a few Apps on the market that can do this. Has anybody heard anything on cwm or twrp yet?

Last edited:

yakuzax6

Oct 31, 2014
Hi all,

I've rooted my device and accidentally removed the systemui.apk so now my status bar etc is missing.

So far I've been trying to restore it from several Roms and other user posts, however, it looks like as if the model etc has to match my environment. So here I go, could someone post their systemui.apk???

Cheers!

gatergrotto

Oct 3, 2009
I have this tablet as well, I have it rooted but still have not found a way to get around the ads that popup. Has anyone been able to mod this or delete the script that is causing the ads.

"edit"

found a link for AllWinner Demo Lock (trojan) Removal Tool cannot post the link because I have not posted 10 posts, but if you google it is easy enough to find.
"edit"

did not fix problem with ads

Last edited:

RashaMatt

Jul 5, 2010
Windows ADB driver??

I have a new A33 tablet, which I cannot get it rooted, because I cannot find a working Windows ADB driver for it - either for Windows 8.1 x64 or Windows 7 x64.

The MTP driver works (I can transfer files), but I cannot find the "Android" driver for the ADB connection.

I tried the Rockchip "RK driver assistant" - no luck.

If you have a working ADB connection to an Allwinner A33 tablet, could you perhaps share the Windows ADB drivers here?

TIA

fsebentley

May 2, 2013
Montezuma
A33 Twrp

I made a TWRP for A33, A23,A20 and A31s models over on TechKnow . Some of them are posted but I think I have yet
to post all of them on the Public Downloads... I will make an effort to get them all posted soon. Offhand I do not
recall the specs I used though I am thinking all used gslx Touchscreens.. I will post here again the specs of the Tabs
they are for and a link to where they are posted once I am sure they are up ... The delay in posting them has
been the installer, I was working with another person since I have no A33 on making an installer that will
work on all of the tab models from ADB, also I am working pretty heavily on A31s Dev at present and have
allowed my other projects to fall behind even though some are essentially finished as in this case.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I DroidWall use to choose which Internet applications fall ;)
    If you have a working ADB connection to an Allwinner A33 tablet, could you perhaps share the Windows ADB drivers here?
    TIA
    Try this
    Hi,I have an Allwinner a33 softwinner v11 10.1 inch tablet 4.4.2
    I found a twrp recovery,i've flashed to device and booted into it a few times to make sure there was no problems with bootloop and it's working with no problems.
    testing backup and restore now.
    i'm new here so can't post external links,can PM if interested
    Hi,I have an Allwinner a33 softwinner v11 10.1 inch tablet 4.4.2
    I found a twrp recovery,i've flashed to device and booted into it a few times to make sure there was no problems with bootloop and it's working with no problems.
    testing backup and restore now.
    i'm new here so can't post external links,can PM if interested
    I found a twrp recovery for my Allwinner A33. Flashed it, and after the the flash/install it asked if I wanted to reboot to recovery so I did to make sure it worked. All good except there are no instructions on how to get back into it. I've tried the usual Android key/button combinations and nothing.

How are you getting back into the recovery on startup?

Thanks.

** Also, if anyone is interested, the tablet I acquired was one of the generic Allwinner A33 based with all the factory Malware/Trojan/Virus BS on it. I figured out how to get it reflashed to a clean install and have the unit working well. Will provide file info and steps to anyone looking to get theirs working.
    Don't come here much. All the files I used are here;
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7BpcNEKIa7qei1XWWtoT3BLSGM?usp=sharing

To get into recovery after TWRP is on the device is goofy. Hold Volume +/-, the Back key, then hold the power button. Keep holding. It WILL seem like way too long as if nothing is happening. Then, you may see the 'AllWeiner', source of the grief logo momentarily, then the TWRP screens..