S3 (i747m) Power Button Sensitive

Search This thread

karmasblade

Mar 9, 2013
My S3 power button is super sensitive. If I touch it without any pressure at all, it turns on and off. If I were to send it back to Telus ( my provider) or Samsung, what precautions should I take and what should I do? I'm currently on the latest modem for Telus (MK5) and I'm on the 4.3 PAC man ROM. I cannot flash back to 4.1 or 4.2 stock as the mk5 modem prevents me and I will brick my phone. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
My S3 power button is super sensitive. If I touch it without any pressure at all, it turns on and off. If I were to send it back to Telus ( my provider) or Samsung, what precautions should I take and what should I do? I'm currently on the latest modem for Telus (MK5) and I'm on the 4.3 PAC man ROM. I cannot flash back to 4.1 or 4.2 stock as the mk5 modem prevents me and I will brick my phone. Thanks.

I have the same exact issue and what I did was just mapped my back key to turn screen off when long pressed. I know that wasn't the answer you were looking for exactly but its a work around.

Perhaps someone can point you in the direction of a stock 4.3 ROM that you can flash with odin but I couldn't advise you as I haven't needed to revert to stock for any reason

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

karmasblade

Mar 9, 2013
I have the same exact issue and what I did was just mapped my back key to turn screen off when long pressed. I know that wasn't the answer you were looking for exactly but its a work around.

Perhaps someone can point you in the direction of a stock 4.3 ROM that you can flash with odin but I couldn't advise you as I haven't needed to revert to stock for any reason

Thanks for your answer. I'm not really too into going for a work around as I think my warranty is still up and there's some other connection issues on it. Thanks for your reply once again. So all I have to do is get a 4.3 ROM and flash it and I'll be good to go? I know you said you haven't needed to flash back to stock but if I do, how would I reset the counter? I have triangle away at this moment.

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
Thanks for your answer. I'm not really too into going for a work around as I think my warranty is still up and there's some other connection issues on it. Thanks for your reply once again. So all I have to do is get a 4.3 ROM and flash it and I'll be good to go? I know you said you haven't needed to flash back to stock but if I do, how would I reset the counter? I have triangle away at this moment.

Not sure that triangle away will work to reset counter on 4.3 and above. Perhaps someone else can chime in here

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012

No your warranty is void... If you go into download/Odin mode you will see warranty bit 1 in red letters in the top left of the screen at the bottom of all the writing. Regardless of which rom you flash you will be stuck with the custom flash counter having a count and showing device status as custom installed of official and the warranty bit 1 in red letters.

You might get lucky and they may not even check. But if they do...

Also you cannot use triangle away for the warranty bit portion and you're stuck with those bootloaders.

sewermike

Oct 18, 2013

You`re right... you are stuck.. maybe try getting a repair quote from a third party repair shop for replacing the button... since you have already voided the warrenty anyway... May not be as bad as you think...

karmasblade

Mar 9, 2013
Okay, how much do you think it'll cost? I have alot of problems with the phone including LTE and connection issues so I would most likely want to send it back.