Are you going to sell your Z1 and get a Z2?

Are you going to get the Z2?

• Yes, I'm moving on to the Z2

Votes: 49 19.8%
  • No, I'm sticking with the Z1

Votes: 199 80.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

kantk20111

Feb 26, 2011
Now that the Z2 has been fully revealed, I was wondering how many Z1 owners were thinking of switching to the Z2 once it comes out. Both are so similar specs wise that for some it wouldn't make sense to make the leap.

For me, I'm probably going to stay with the Z1. The display is the only thing drawing me to the Z2 but I can't justify paying so much money just for better viewing angles. The rest of the software features like 4K recroding and tap2wake are going to be ported to the Z1 officially or through the devs so the gap between the Z1 and Z2 will be very small.

Thoughts?

note: This is only for people thinking about getting the Z2, and not another phone ;)

rpcherrera

May 25, 2013
The Z2 is a good choice for those who are coming from other brands.

I think it's not worth to sell our Z1 and get the Z2 (well if you want to always have the latest phone, go) as spec wise there is little improvement on the hardware. Lets wait for Z3 and see what it will offer.

Currently happy with my Z1, just the camera brings disappointment. Peace

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Reactions: barondebxl

MADNJPN

Apr 7, 2013
Tbilisi
www.infinityvisuals.cf
Well I was thinking about this too and here is my opinion: SONY has huge problems with phone overheating starting from S, Z, Z1 .. Almost all the phones have small defects for example camera button is very loose and it's a bit hard to take a picture without handshake on keypress, then my volume button became very strange it's like going to fall of, when I slightly press on it it feels like it was outside and then returned to its position, I mean that SONY has to think about build quality rather than releasing new flagship twice a month :D But from the other side there are no normal phones, I was thinking of Nexus 5 and G2 but I didn't like G2 UI and Nexus 5 Camera because it takes strictly 4:3 :D ... And as usual I'll say that I wont buy SONY again but probably will buy SONY :D

HellRoot

Feb 12, 2012
Sony makes new flagships all the time... perhaps i will wait a couple of flagships before i buy another one :)

Reactions: dexterxda

omegahanggara

Jan 28, 2013
Jakarta
double-dragon.blogspot.com
No way! I have to keep my money for nearly a year to get Z1. LOL. I'm very happy with Z1 tho, it's a decent device. There are a lot of proud and pride for having this device. Z2 don't have too big differences compares to Z1 tho, I think stick with Z1 and wait for new generation of Z family (perhaps Z3 or Z4) will be the best choice :)

negrobembon

Jul 17, 2011
panamá
This upgrade is mainly for Original Z users
The upgrade for us Z1 users is coming by the end of the year, im pretty sure

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Furma

Aug 15, 2010
no point

i will probably wait for Z3, and if that thing doesnt have decent developer support after a month or two i am going with whatever nexus phone is out by then.

Don_Perrignon

Jan 13, 2011
San Antonio, Texas, USA
I'm thinking about it since the Z1s may or may not get root. There's a few people working on it. But, for me, I'm thinking of the possibility of us not getting root. I'd sell my Z1s to help by the global Z2. With the Z1s coming out about a month ago. Is it reasonable to ask for $500 or could I go higher?

Anybody know for sure whether or not the global phones will work on T-Mo USA's data bands?

raziel123

Apr 29, 2010
Now that the Z2 has been fully revealed, I was wondering how many Z1 owners were thinking of switching to the Z2 once it comes out. Both are so similar specs wise that for some it wouldn't make sense to make the leap.

For me, I'm probably going to stay with the Z1. The display is the only thing drawing me to the Z2 but I can't justify paying so much money just for better viewing angles. The rest of the software features like 4K recroding and tap2wake are going to be ported to the Z1 officially or through the devs so the gap between the Z1 and Z2 will be very small.

Thoughts?

note: This is only for people thinking about getting the Z2, and not another phone ;)

Not Upgrading to a Z2, because,

1. I don't care about 4K, althoughit may be ported in the future. I hardly record video's in 1080P ...

2. Marginal Performance difference with a slightly faster Adreno 330 isnt. There is nothing available on the Playstore that needs more performance than a 2.15 Krait 400 with a 450 mhz Adreno 330 can deliver anyway.

3. Camera stuff will probably be ported in the future, even if it isn't I'm not fussed about it. It's just icing on the cake.

lol,

4. Don't care about Viewing angles because I look at my phon straight one, not at an awkward angle,

lol,

5. the pixel density is actually higher on the Z1, it's sharper,

6. another 200mah on the battery is a joke over he Z1's 3000mah ...

regards

raziel123

Apr 29, 2010
This upgrade is mainly for Original Z users
The upgrade for us Z1 users is coming by the end of the year, im pretty sure

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Hope so,

anything less than a Snapdragon 805 processor and Adreno 420 isn't gonna cut the Mustard ...

hope they make the phone a bit smaller, otherwise we'll end up with a phablet at this rate ...

lol,

kantk20111

Feb 26, 2011
Not Upgrading to a Z2, because,

lol,

5. the pixel density is actually higher on the Z1, it's sharper,

regards

Agree with most of your points, but the display of the Z2 is a lot better than the Z1's. The loss of sharpness is negligible, but the new IPS screen tech is less washed out than the Z1's TFT screen.

acidrums4

Aug 20, 2012
They didn't even did something about those borders around the screen, OIS for camera or something that worth thinking about an upgrade. Small improvements compared to my beloved Z1. It's not worth buying a new flagship at least until a year or two.

memphis77

Nov 3, 2012
cologne
Mine is two weeks old. So I wont buy a new one. I'm not a millionaire and I'm absolutly satisfied with this one!!!!

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using xda app-devtielopers app

D

Deleted member 5204328

Not a chance.

I find it a waste to upgrade to the Z2 if you already own a Z1.
I think that the Z2 will be the perfect phone to upgrade to if you are coming from another OEM, or you are coming from an Xperia device from 2011/2012.
Our Z1 is more than up to the task and in time it will have a community comparable to the flagships that came before it, like the original Xperia flagship, the X10 :highfive:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can't believe people when they say the Z2 isn't an upgrade over the Z1.... Who are they really fooling ? Its is a great upgrade!! IPS screen, dual stereo speaker a bigger battery, 3 gigs of ram, updated 801 processor, better front facing camera.... Are you still sure it isn't an upgrade?

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
    I probably will lol :p but I'm a dev so I wanna have newest device to develop for :) but I won't abandon Z1 though ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    I agree with your point, Sony should have annual flagship releases like they have with their other products

But releasing a flagship every 6 months also means that Sony ALWAYS has a top spec device to compete with all other releases on a particular year, maybe that's why they like it

I like regular releases as I work in tech, and get to review them - so it keeps me busy. But I also review things with the consumer in mind, and I do wonder if Sony loses as many sales as it gains - simply because, like it or not, many people don't like spending loads of money on something only to find it is superseded a few months later.

Sure, we all know that there's always something new around the corner. Sure, we know the device will still do everything it originally did before you knew there was a new phone (or laptop, or TV). But, that doesn't change the fact that some people will just prefer to go to Apple, Samsung, HTC etc and have something that is still the top model for as long as possible.

Clearly Sony thinks it's a good strategy and if time proves it with Sony gaining loads of market share because the some people who get upset are less than the some that don't care one bit then I'll shut up, but I do think Apple and Samsung has the right idea.

Still, as long as Sony is releasing a new flagship every six months then I think I'll probably end up getting it - even though common sense tells me to wait for the 'big' update in the autumn, which will have all of the Z2 features, a new SoC, new camera and much more.
    Hell no. I don't see any major upgrades that could justified the change.

Sony makes new flagships all the time... perhaps i will wait a couple of flagships before i buy another one :)