[Q] Hide Lockscreen Statusbar

Search This thread

Dwyan3Wad3

Dec 3, 2013
I tried to follow this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2384892

But resulted on a bootloop, restored back to the og android.policy.jar

Could anyone find what code to mod or make a mod to hide it. And nope I'm not using WIdgetLocker because I want the Ripple/Watercolor effects on my Note. Any help or ideas would be welcome thanks!

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011

Could anyone find what code to mod or make a mod to hide it. And nope I'm not using WIdgetLocker because I want the Ripple/Watercolor effects on my Note. Any help or ideas would be welcome thanks!

Looks like a bit has changed since that source post.

I haven't tested this, but you could try this:

In android.policy -

go to com/android/internal/policy/impl/keyguard/KeyguardViewManager.smali

and look for
Code:
.method public declared-synchronized show(Landroid/os/Bundle;)V

within that method you should find a line that looks like this:
Code:
    invoke-virtual {v4, v3}, Landroid/widget/FrameLayout;->setSystemUiVisibility(I)V

I think if you add const/4 v3, 0x4 right above it you should have a fullscreen lockscreen... not sure, but I think so :)

so it should look like:
Code:
    const/4 v3, 0x4

invoke-virtual {v4, v3}, Landroid/widget/FrameLayout;->setSystemUiVisibility(I)V

Let me know if that works, and apologies if it doesn't (keep that backup android.policy handy!)

Reactions: AxAtAx

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
Great info here, thanks for tip....I will give it a try...been wondering the same thing, how to remove the status bar on the lockscreen.

tdunham

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay

In android.policy -

and look for
Code:

Code:

I think if you add const/4 v3, 0x4 right above it you should have a fullscreen lockscreen... not sure, but I think so :)

so it should look like:
Code:
    const/4 v3, 0x4

Let me know if that works, and apologies if it doesn't (keep that backup android.policy handy!)
@dwitherell
This method looked promising however it did not work for our build.
It didn't seem to make any difference.
Anyone get this working properly to remove lockscreen statusbar?

Last edited:

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011
@dwitherell
This method looked promising however it did not work for our build.
It didn't seem to make any difference.
Anyone get this working properly to remove lockscreen statusbar?

Out of curiosity - did the edit do anything, or was there no change? I assume this was a 4.3 build yes? If it didn't break anything but elicited no change, perhaps the rabbit hole runs a bit deeper then... or we gotta poke that method with a different forced entry (even though given this it sure seems like 0x4 was the right value).

Last edited:

tdunham

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
Out of curiosity - did the edit do anything, or was their no change? I assume this was a 4.3 build yes? If it didn't break anything but elicited no change, perhaps the rabbit hole runs a bit deeper than... or we gotta poke that method with a different forced entry (even though given this it sure seems like 0x4 was the right value).
Yes, this is for 4.3. I'm not as proficient at smali as others but I don't see anything obvious either.
It didn't seem to have any affect at all. I even tried 0x0 thru 0x4 just for the sake of it to go through some other registers as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

In android.policy -

and look for
    Code:

Code:

so it should look like:
    Code:
        const/4 v3, 0x4