[radio] gb ota radio 2.15.10.07.07

Search This thread

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
**FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK**:D

Taken from the Gingerbread 2.3.4 OTA Release.

**INSTRUCTIONS**
Do not rename this file! Just place it in the root directory of your scdard and then boot into HBOOT! Thanks

http://www.multiupload.com/6IU66FBK52
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12286815/PB31IMG.zip

**MD5**
7A1B3656EC24CD0C0BC45EAF3054ED00

**RESULTS WILL VARY. IF IT DOESN'T WORK BETTER THEN DON'T HATE IT. IT WORKS BETTER FOR OTHERS**

PROOF
screenshot.png

Last edited:

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
Wow, the radio is posted 20 minutes after the leak was posted here. That's pretty quick!

Hand76

Jul 1, 2010
Long Island N.Y.
Been a while since I flashed a radio and I know it's not good to screw those up. :p

This gets done in CW or just on the basic bootloader when it asks you to press volume up or down (yes or no) to install?

donnyp1

May 7, 2008
Wichita
Yes, bootloader. Too bad stang, big difference in central ks. Did you *228 yet?

If ive helped you, please hit the damn thanks button!

Reactions: Hand76

douger1957

Jul 31, 2010
Fort Wayne
Been a while since I flashed a radio and I know it's not good to screw those up. :p

This gets done in CW or just on the basic bootloader when it asks you to press volume up or down (yes or no) to install?

Bootloader. Make sure it's named "p31img.zip" and not "p31img.zip.zip" Drop it into the root directory of your SD card. Bootloader will do the rest. When you're successfully booted after the flash, remove the zip file from your root directory.

Wait for the thing to fully reboot. Resist the urge to pull the battery, lest you find yourself with a brick.

Flashing the radio is just about the only way you can permanently screw up your Android. You might want to wait to find out what improvements are part of the new radio before you risk flashing it.

Reactions: lyrad426 and zapjb

donnyp1

May 7, 2008
Wichita
That may help. 1897 down, 828 up speeed here. Not bad

donnyp1

May 7, 2008
Wichita
Lol, remember, different areas have different results. Mine is great, even updated prl.

Mine went from -67 to -78. Headed the wrong way

Keep in mind, however, that the leaked OTA has TVOut in it now (two files, the apk and a library, actually) which has been noticeably lacking from the prior Incredible Gingerbread leak. It is possible (dunno 'cause I haven't flashed these yet, only just seeing this thread) that this radio is required for TV out to work under Gingerbread. (One recognized developer suggested that was possible).

Edit: Nevermind. Flashed the radio; added the two files I thought I needed for TV Out, still can't get it. Must be missing something else and will just have to wait.....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK**:D

Taken from the Gingerbread 2.3.4 OTA Release.

**INSTRUCTIONS**
    Do not rename this file! Just place it in the root directory of your scdard and then boot into HBOOT! Thanks

http://www.multiupload.com/6IU66FBK52
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12286815/PB31IMG.zip

**MD5**
    7A1B3656EC24CD0C0BC45EAF3054ED00

**RESULTS WILL VARY. IF IT DOESN'T WORK BETTER THEN DON'T HATE IT. IT WORKS BETTER FOR OTHERS**

PROOF
    screenshot.png
    I got it, went from -88 to -71 in area i never get 4 bars in, i now have them. Lookin good so far! Thanks dude!

Do different radios have the potential to significantly impact battery life? I flashed a new ROM around the same time that I flashed the radio yesterday, and my battery life is crap.

Just wondering if its the fault of the radio, ROM, or just some runaway app. I thought it would be quicker to ask rather than taking a day or two for trial and error.

Hi billybob, the radio is a huge player when it comes to battery life. This is because the radio is what allows our phones to communicate with the network.

So lets give an example: If your radio is constantly struggling to communicate with the network then it will be using a lot of battery because its working harder to search and locate the towers and put everything in place it needs to work properly.

We can generally remedy this by dialing *228 and updating our PRL's with option 1 and option 2. Now before anyone runs and tries this advice, please only do this on a Verizon based Rom and if you are using a Sprint based Rom please check with your Roms developer if your Rom has been properly DeSprinted first! Running the PRL update on a Sprint based Rom will cause data connection issues that are very hard to fix.

If this is not working for you then simply go to dougpiston.com's Inc Radios section and try out one of the other radios there until you find one that works for you. Not one radio can or will work for everybody.

Hopefully this will help.

Bootloader. Make sure it's named "p31img.zip" and not "p31img.zip.zip" Drop it into the root directory of your SD card. Bootloader will do the rest. When you're successfully booted after the flash, remove the zip file from your root directory.

Wait for the thing to fully reboot. Resist the urge to pull the battery, lest you find yourself with a brick.

Flashing the radio is just about the only way you can permanently screw up your Android. You might want to wait to find out what improvements are part of the new radio before you risk flashing it.
    D
    Deleted member 2776902
    is the stock sc 2gb card already formatted to fat32

It could be, but I don't think it is. One of my friends got one of the Incredible's that shipped with the 2GB card. And had to reformat it to flash through HBOOT.

Mine did not come with an SD card when I bought it. And I separately got a 32GB Class 4 card for it. It came in FAT32.