How fast does this thing charge?

Search This thread

lowspeed

Dec 24, 2006
My EVO charges really quick for occasional boosts during the day...

How fast is the note?

Last edited:

Maroon Mushroom

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, Oregon
It's a bit slow for me. 3-4 hours for a full charge sounds about right. But moderate use while plugged in to a computer it barely charges, haha...

It would be nice to have a kernel that supports rapid charging. I think Da_g mention something like that

GallardosEggrollShop

Oct 27, 2007
The Hill
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
15 minute charge isn't enough unfortunately. Samsung phones always take a while to charge I've had this "problem" with my Infuse 4G, my international Note, and now my AT&T Note. 15 minutes honestly might get you 2-3 percent in terms of battery note nearly enough for a few hours of use.

Willanhanyard

Feb 9, 2012
About 40% in an hour so that would be 2.5 hours for 100%. On USB it charges suuuuper slow.

I would love to see how fun it would be to charge one of those 5000mah extended batteries :D

georgios73

Jan 13, 2012
Mine fully charges from 0 - 100% in less than 2 hours using the original samsung car dock charger. Tried a few times and always charges this quick.

Irishwake83

Hmmmmmm.

Last night I charged mine on my old HTC charger cuz I didn't feel like crawling behind the bed to swap them. When I woke up (after 8.5 hours of charging) I was at 99%. I suppose it could have been the stupid battery widget reporting incorrectly but my phone was down 8% in the first hour, with only 2 minutes of screen on time.

Guess tonight I'll swap chargers and see if that makes a difference.

epi117

Feb 12, 2008
any harm in using the Ipad charger to charge the note. i use it on my Iphone and it really speeds up the time needed to charge.

My note will be here Friday.

techntrek

Oct 29, 2007
MD
There may be two variables at play here - the cable, the charging source. I know with my Advantage the stock charger (with no removable cable) had an additional pin which told the Advantage to charge at a full 1 amp rate vs. the standard 500 ma available from a USB port. I think the stock Note charger is rated for 800 ma, don't have it here to verify.

Using the Note's stock cable I've seen a fairly fast recharge time both from the stock charger and my computer's USB port. Yesterday I drained down to 6%, plugged into my work computer (stock cable) for 2 hours then 1 more hour in my car and I was up to 77% after. Which included some time streaming XM via blutooth. Then plugged into the stock charger at home and was up to 100% after a few hours even though I was tethering via Wifi to 2 computers with heavy surfing.

We would need several tests to see if there is something special about the stock charger, the stock cable, or both. But compared to my Advantage it charges way faster and uses much less energy - excluding the display.

lowspeed

Dec 24, 2006
There may be two variables at play here - the cable, the charging source. I know with my Advantage the stock charger (with no removable cable) had an additional pin which told the Advantage to charge at a full 1 amp rate vs. the standard 500 ma available from a USB port. I think the stock Note charger is rated for 800 ma, don't have it here to verify.

Using the Note's stock cable I've seen a fairly fast recharge time both from the stock charger and my computer's USB port. Yesterday I drained down to 6%, plugged into my work computer (stock cable) for 2 hours then 1 more hour in my car and I was up to 77% after. Which included some time streaming XM via blutooth. Then plugged into the stock charger at home and was up to 100% after a few hours even though I was tethering via Wifi to 2 computers with heavy surfing.

We would need several tests to see if there is something special about the stock charger, the stock cable, or both. But compared to my Advantage it charges way faster and uses much less energy - excluding the display.

Interesting. I wonder if it's just a good low gauge (thicker, better conducting) cable, because the HTC adapters are rated 1 amp.

big samm

Mar 31, 2007
Montreal
People who uses the charger that came with the phone must know that these chargers are really weak... They are only 1Amp... I use my blackberry playbook charger which is 1.8Amp charges the phone almost twice as fast than the regular one... Same thing with my ipad and iphone... I use my ipad charger to charge my iphone 4s and it's way faster! Use more powerful chargers! My note gets charged in 2hours top!

Sent from my iPad 3G

lowspeed

Dec 24, 2006
I'm curious to know what is the max amperage that the note can take. I know my old EVO is limited to about 950ma.

tbran

May 28, 2008
Syracuse, NY
Uh...I love my Note, but it charges pretty slowly compared to my Skyrocket. It is also the first phone I have had, that can actually discharge while using it on a car charger. Especially if you are watching video or any screen intensive task.

Sent from Tapatalk Pro on my Samsung Galaxy Note™, an AT&T LTE smartphone

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the Asus Sabertooth 990fx. It supports USB 3 fast charge. I'm not sure what the output it, but it will charge my phone from 5% to 100% in 3 hours 5 minuets. On the other hand charging from a standard usb 2.0 port it takes over 5 hours to charge.

If any of you have a computer with USB 3.0 support, and your bios supports fast charge you might check into it. It rivals the stock wall charger and you have access to your files while charging,