[Q] Which Rom and Kernel combination would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

colander

Dec 7, 2010
My father just got his note 3 and he is very unhappy, because its very buggy and there is often a delay of up to 5 seconds, when pressing the homebottun, before the screen turns on. (Everything stock)

So my Question: Which Rom and Kernel combination would you recommend for the note 3? (liquid perfomance has higher priority, than battery life, but both would be great :p)

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
My father just got his note 3 and he is very unhappy, because its very buggy and there is often a delay of up to 5 seconds, when pressing the homebottun, before the screen turns on. (Everything stock)

So my Question: Which Rom and Kernel combination would you recommend for the note 3? (liquid perfomance has higher priority, than battery life, but both would be great :p)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2595464

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
For custom ROMS with Samsung features, check out the development section. NA6 and upwards are ROM's that you would require.

However, it also depends if you are running 4.4.2 KK or 4.3 JB -- MJ/MK/ML are JB ROMS and NA/B* onwards are for Kitkat

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Thread of the type "best ROM" or "best kernel" are not OK on xda!

Also you must be aware that any non-stock ROM will most likely result in a void warranty.

Before that you might want to investigate the problem with the "S-Voice delay" and other optimizations that can be done on the Home-button functionality before changing the ROM. And disabling some of the bloatware might also help.

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Mod Edit

"Best" or "Recommend" ROM/kernel threads are not allowed on XDA.
Please test these things for yourself.
This is the only way you will get an unbiased opinion,and then, you can decide for yourself if it meets YOUR needs.

Don't forget to make a nandroid before you start.

Thread Closed

malybru
Forum Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Worth mentioning before you flash CM11 -- You will lose all Samsung features - Eye /Glance/Air/SPEN etc