Atrix HD ends up with the Dead Android

Search This thread

andrewyp

May 21, 2014
Im not an expert but have tried almost everything i could find on the web relating to my issue.

Sucessefully rooted with motochopper
Bootloader unlocked by motopocalypse

Now when it comes to entering recovery mode through Rom Manager or GooManager i always end up with the dead android.
Even device update also failed and ends up the same way.

I have already deleted install-recovery.sh but to no avail.

I want to install SlimKat on my device, only thing in my way is a Dead Android whenever i try to enter recover mod. PLEASE HELP.

Motorola Atrix HD
98.4.20.MB886.ATT.en.US
Android 4.1.1

mauchito

Sep 17, 2013
Im not an expert but have tried almost everything i could find on the web relating to my issue.

Sucessefully rooted with motochopper
Bootloader unlocked by motopocalypse

Now when it comes to entering recovery mode through Rom Manager or GooManager i always end up with the dead android.
Even device update also failed and ends up the same way.

I have already deleted install-recovery.sh but to no avail.

I want to install SlimKat on my device, only thing in my way is a Dead Android whenever i try to enter recover mod. PLEASE HELP.

Motorola Atrix HD
98.4.20.MB886.ATT.en.US
Android 4.1.1

Do you have a custom recovery already installed? Which one? If you don't, remember that in order to flash a new ROM, you need to install a custom recovery.

andrewyp

May 21, 2014
Do you have a custom recovery already installed? Which one? If you don't, remember that in order to flash a new ROM, you need to install a custom recovery.

Guess i missed this. I will try to do that and update you. Incase you have any guide to direct me too please do so, otherwise i will try to figure it out. Thanks.

mauchito

Sep 17, 2013
Guess i missed this. I will try to do that and update you. Incase you have any guide to direct me too please do so, otherwise i will try to figure it out. Thanks.

Sure, buddy.

You need to download a custom recovery, this is the option in Android that lets you erase all content in the device and do other things. With a custom recovery you can do even more things, like install .zip archives or ROMs, erase partitions, dalvik cache, etc, etc, a lot of things.

I personally use this one: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2552622

Since you are already rooted, I think that you are familiar with fastboot. In order to flash a custom recovery, you need to do this:

1. Download the custom recovery
2. If it's in a .zip, extract the archive so you have one *.img archive.
3. Then, copy that file to the folder where you have the fastboot.exe archive.
4. Open Windows command console and change the directory to the one where you have the files.
5. Turn off your device, then press volume down key and power key. Hold until you see a black screen with white letters. Connect via USB to your computer.
6. Run the following command in the command console of Windows:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Where "recovery.img" is the name of your custom recovery archive, for example, "philz_touch_6.22.7.img"
7. Wait about 6 seconds and in the console you should see something like "done", I don't remember exactly what does it says.
8. You are good to go. Turn off your device. Then press the volume up key and power button. Hold until you see the custom recovery interface.

After this point, you can flash the custom ROM of your preference.

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
In the Philz link above, it goes to our thread that links to the main one, from there, download the unified moto-msm8960 one labeled for xt925/xt926. Last time I checked it was more up to date than the native mb886 one (not surprising since our CM repo is gone).

Reactions: mauchito

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In the Philz link above, it goes to our thread that links to the main one, from there, download the unified moto-msm8960 one labeled for xt925/xt926. Last time I checked it was more up to date than the native mb886 one (not surprising since our CM repo is gone).