[ROM][KANG][16.07.2012] CyanogenMod 9 Milestone XT720 RC

Search This thread

telnet777

Feb 17, 2012
Next, I went into open recovery, Other Utilities, Menu Application Management, System Apps and removed following system apps: DSPManager, email, music (I use another music player), talk (I never use it), torch, trebuchet (I prefer Apex launcher).

Another launcher should be installed before removing trebuchet.

Reactions: space4ace

telnet777

Feb 17, 2012
Well, i can make update, but i don't have phone.. so i will wait until it arrive.
Just wait =)

hi,fjfalcon,

We are looking forward to your new build!
Is there any way to make it running more fluent on XT720/XT711? And the spare RAM is very low. I have seen the spare RAM drop to zero.
I've used one version of CM7. It's very fluent.

BTW, How to confirm the baseband chip that XT720 or XT711 are using? I can't find ' TI Wrigley 3G' that kholk said on TI's website.

Last edited:

telnet777

Feb 17, 2012
Hi,fjfalcon and Mioze7Ae,

We are trying to port flipside's CM7 to CHARM and flipout. We can use bootstrap recovery to backup and restore, and apply updates to system partition.
But we can't let charm reboot successfully. It stuck at M. Is there anyway to let 2nd-init running on charm successfully?
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my U8500 using XDA

TechfanGR

Mar 4, 2012
Heraklion of Crete
Fj after you consider cm7 stable enough, you should give up cm7 for ever. Its time to move on to cm9. 2 projects at the same time (considering your busy life) is a long shot.

That way we re gonna have more frequent quality updates fore our beloved cm9.

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using XDA

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Fj after you consider cm7 stable enough, you should give up cm7 for ever. Its time to move on to cm9. 2 projects at the same time (considering your busy life) is a long shot.

That way we re gonna have more frequent quality updates fore our beloved cm9.

Better be happy with what we get Bud! These guy's have had a long journey with these phones and I think they want to finish what they started. Besides, believe it or not there are still a few who still use CM7 in the nexus S thread for certain reasons I think.

TechfanGR

Mar 4, 2012
Heraklion of Crete
Liberty.
I m sure fj won't consider my message above as a thread. Well there s not much to be done on cm7 anyway. Fj is almost pleased with cm7.

Cm9 is a fresh air... still buggy but more convenient in a daily use than cm7 (after a more stable beta).

Whether he is or isn't going to finish cm7 updates is up to him.

Finally I want to state that I respect fj effords and I ll keep using only his roms.

Liberty i m not underaged. So plz don't missunderstand my the way i m commenting ;).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Links:
    build time: 16:55 16.07.2012
    Google apps

Description:
    This is build of cyanogenmod 9(ics) for milestone xt720.

What works and have been tested:
    Install
    Touchscreen.
    Phone
    Gallery
    SMS
    Gps
    Camera
    CamCorder
    HWA
    How to install:

There is no specific instructions, like any other mod.
    Root->Openrecovery->Install update-> 3 wipes -> install gapps.

Other Phones bootfix:
    lwxddlqkillapp's motoroi bootfix
    telnet777's xt711 bootfix

Biggest thanks go to Quarx, if not him - i won't do this.
    Also i wish to say big thanks to
    #milestone-modding@freenode
    #cyanogenmod-dev@freenode
    #motomagic@freenode
    People from this channels really very good devs. Thank you.
    Of cource thanks to CyanogenMod Developers team.
    Thanks to CyanogenDefy team(Epsylon3, maniac103, Quarx2k)
    Thanks to nadlabak.
    Thanks to our porting guys: j.y.daddy, lwxddg.
    Thanks to xvilka, Skrilax_CZ.
    Thanks to CyanogenModXT720 team: Mioze7ae, peshovec.
    Thanks to droid-developers.
    Thanks to telnet777 and lwxddlqkillapp
    And mchlbenner, thanks to you too ;)

Good luck
    ~_~ i'am also here.. and i wish to make new build.. )
    fjfalcon created branch jellybean at CyanogenModXT720/android_device_motorola_sholest just now
    :-[
    Ahhh I am really missing the development here, I used to really love trying out all the new progress we used to have every day and all the things going on and now it is all gone :-( Did we lose Mz for good now too? Its very sad but it was destined. I wonder how much I can sell my XT for now?

I'm still here. I'm slowly working on a cleaned up/unified CM7 build, but I'm a little short on spare time at the moment. I've also been trying to get to the bottom of the light sensor problem when running xt720mod.sbf, but nothing to report yet--I seem to obsess over unsexy things that take forever to solve. ;)

Oh, cool! XT720 forums show up on user cp again :)
    More log:
    got ics running )
    Well... at least i see bootanimation )
    Code:
     E/HAL     ( 3240): Cannot load library: link_image[1965]:  3240 could not load needed library 'libaudio.so' for 'audio.primary.omap3.so' (reloc_library[1314]:  3240 cannot locate '_ZN7android14AudioParameter11keyFMLaunchE'...
    So, now i'm going from work to home.