Process system isn't responding?

Search This thread

Anderson2

Feb 25, 2012
I'm using a rooted stock 4.4.2 Nexus 5 and messed something up. The phone works fine but when I reboot I get the pop-up attached. Despite this everything works fine.
I know it is something I did by either disabling or freezing some built-in app or preventing it from starting at bootup, but how do I find out which "process system" is the one not responding so I know what to undo?
uploadfromtaptalk1398771529680.jpg

D

Darth

I'm using a rooted stock 4.4.2 Nexus 5 and messed something up. The phone works fine but when I reboot I get the pop-up attached. Despite this everything works fine.
I know it is something I did by either disabling or freezing some built-in app or preventing it from starting at bootup, but how do I find out which "process system" is the one not responding so I know what to undo?
View attachment 2715392

Just unfeeze them all. Then freeze them one by one....wait a bit to know all is well, and freeze another.

Or print screen your frozen apps and let's look?

If that's even the cause.

Anderson2

Feb 25, 2012
Isn't there a simpler way by using some logging device that would tell what the problem is? I just don't know how to do that.

D

Darth

Isn't there a simpler way by using some logging device that would tell what the problem is? I just don't know how to do that.

Log cats, if you know how to read them. Not that I really do. But maybe something would be obvious.

You probably froze or stopped something from starting that you shouldn't have tho. Just undo your changes to ones you're not sure of.

I don't see a need to stop most system apps from starting tho....you won't gain anything by it. Aside from Google things, or weather apps. Not sure your motive???

Anderson2

Feb 25, 2012
Narrowed it down. It's not anything I froze or disabled. After a lot of testing and trials I discovered that the only thing that prevented the pop-up appearing at bootup was if I disabled xprivacy and because the problem is only recent I suspect it is in the latest update. Will check with them.

obadz

Jan 9, 2014
Narrowed it down. It's not anything I froze or disabled. After a lot of testing and trials I discovered that the only thing that prevented the pop-up appearing at bootup was if I disabled xprivacy and because the problem is only recent I suspect it is in the latest update. Will check with them.

I have the same problem and I also use xprivacy.

Anderson2

Feb 25, 2012
It was some permission I had blocked in some app. I can't tell you which app or which permission because I finally "cleared all xprivacy data" in xprivacy menu and reblocked permissions as I was asked in each app. Sort of like starting from scratch but it was worth it because it solved the problem.

Hope that helps.

If you find which permission it is let me know.