[Q] AT&T SM-P907a Root?.

Search This thread

jmedlin

May 4, 2013
I picked up an AT&T 4G LTE Note Pro (SM-P907a) yesterday and so far I am absolutely loving it. And though this is my first post, I am no stranger to XDA, I currently have Galaxy S4, Note 3, Note 10.1, and now the Note Pro, all are rooted running custom roms, minus the Note Pro. I have never hade to make a post before because I understand how to use the search function and have always been able to find the answersI have needed, until now. I am hoping someone can tell me if it is possible yet to root AT&T's version of the Note Pro 12.2, SM-P907A? Will CF auto root for the Verizon SM-P905 work? Or am I simply to ahead of the game and need to wait for root to become available? Thanks!

bloodylipp

Apr 5, 2011
Little Rock
Same here. Just got mine. Want to use about 3 apps that require root. It's only been out one day. At&t probably didn't add anything to what Samsung did as far as locking the bootloader. All I really want at this point is root, I don't need a new room yet. Yet ;)

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Based on how long the Verizon variant users have been waiting. .. come back in September. In all seriousness though, I hope you folks don't have to wait that long...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

jmedlin

May 4, 2013
I can confirm towelroot is working for AT&T P907a.

Steps I took.

1. Download and installed towelroot (towelroot.com)
2. Ran towelroot apk, device rebooted.
3. Downloaded SuperSU 1.99r4 (download.chainfire.eu/447/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r4.zip)
4. Ran SuperSU apk, installed binaries, disabled Knox
5. Done!!

Last edited:

phirestalker

Jun 12, 2014
Bullhead City

Steps I took.

3. Downloaded SuperSU 1.99r4 (download.chainfire.eu/447/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r4.zip)
5. Done!!

has yours been freezing and rebooting?

EDIT: also all I could find in the zip file was Superuser.apk, is that what you meant?

Last edited:

phirestalker

Jun 12, 2014
Bullhead City
during one of the reboots I've been having it actually showed custom aND a lock that is unlocked. now when I reboot it doesn't say that anymore. root checker shows that it is properly rooted so I'm not sure that there's a problem.has anyone else noticed this?

Reactions: fokus

xigam

May 12, 2009
I've had a couple of reboots.. what is weird is that it flashes to the at&t logo the my lockscreen. When I unlock it its like it rebooted but it happens so fast.. I am not sure if its a system reboot or just the user session crashing...

xigam

May 12, 2009
during one of the reboots I've been having it actually showed custom aND a lock that is unlocked. now when I reboot it doesn't say that anymore. root checker shows that it is properly rooted so I'm not sure that there's a problem.has anyone else noticed this?

When I reboot now I see this custom android and unlocked logo at the bottom of the screen. What I am unsure of is if it had this before I rooted.

If someone who based rooted their 907a reads this please check if you get this on a bootscreen during a restart.

Population96

Apr 23, 2009
My AT&T Note Pro 12.2 keeps rebooting. My WiFi only 12.2 restarts when attempting towel root and never patches the necessary files. My AT&T Note 3 was flawless though. 1 out of 3 ain't bad I guess. Really just want the ad block ability. Is there an unroot so I can get my tablet to stay on more than an hour?

xigam

May 12, 2009
Me and my friend both got the att 12.2.

After rooting I've had reboot issues while he hasn't. So I've been slowly uninstalling programs that I use and he doesn't. Thinking it might be one program or another or a combo of programs. First I uninstalled Greenify to no effect. Next I switched back to the Samsung launcher from Nova Launcher Pro. So far its been two days without a reboot since switching back to the touchwiz launcher.

I ran Nova launcher fine before root.. And my friend with the exact tablet rooted the same way has had no issues..

Are you running a launcher different than Samsungs?

Ill report back.. but so far so good.

Population96

Apr 23, 2009
That's a very good point. I'm using the stock launcher still but I do have a ton of apps. I'll have to try deleting some see if that has any affect.

phirestalker

Jun 12, 2014
Bullhead City
Ok, some added details on my "rebooting" although it doesn't show the samsung logo, so I don't think it is a full reboot.

I have noticed that the only time it happens is when I lock the screen or when it locks itself. Sometimes it has been locked for a while and it will randomly do it. I don't believe it has ever happened while I was using it. Oh, and a few times it happened while unlocking the screen. So it all seems to be related to the lock screen. I don't have any apps that add functionality to the lock screen. I have a pattern unlock and Smart Stay enabled (although this never worked for me, maybe my face is too weird to be detected? Lol). I am going through the process of turning off things to see what might be causing the problem. The first thing I disabled was the LastPass accessibility extension. I will give it a day or 2 but I have been playing around with locking and unlocking with various apps open as i write this and I haven't had a "reboot" yet.

I noticed that another poster had trouble with a different app and like him this trouble started after I rooted it. The LastPass accessibility extension worked fine before rooting. I will tell you what this extension does and maybe it will help us narrow down what area of the system has been changed to be incompatible with certain software.

The extension "watches" for password entries on apps and webforms and offers to autofill with saved passwords.

Sorry for the long post, hope it is helpful to someone.

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
I've been running Lastpass for months on my Wifi model so I doubt it is the cause. Good idea to systematically disable things though. I have problems since enabling a custom keyboard though. Perhaps try disabling all other input methods other than stock?

phirestalker

Jun 12, 2014
Bullhead City
I've been running Lastpass for months on my Wifi model so I doubt it is the cause. Good idea to systematically disable things though. I have problems since enabling a custom keyboard though. Perhaps try disabling all other input methods other than stock?

You're right, after a while it started doing it again. I guess it didn't happen as often as I thought. I really hope someone comes along who knows how to diagnose crashes to find out what is causing them.

gubbilo144

Feb 16, 2012
Wilkes Barre
I've been getting reboots also every once in awhile on my sm-p907a it reboots.I also tried safe strap recovery for the at&t samsung galaxy note 3 version 3.75.It seems to be working I did a nanoid backup and it successfully worked but took awhile. I didn't do a restore because I don't want to mess anything up until there's a stock Odin firmware download to restore if something goes wrong.The dpi is of but u can c almost the whole recovery screen if anyone wants to play around with it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Steps I took.

5. Done!!
    Have either of you tried to root with towel root?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    thanks

Have either of you tried to root with towel root?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

brilliant!!!! thanks. I am installing busybox as I type this :laugh:

EDIT: haha spoke too soon, SuperSU won't install. Do you know how to get a custom recovery on it when rooted this way?
    rebooting issue fixed

Hey guys, I was getting the reboots on my sm-p907a and ever since I deleted everything containing Knox in system /app. I haven't had a reboot since about 2 weeks now running flawless. i think it's 6 files all together. If anyone wants to know which ones I got rid of let me know I'll post which ones
    has yours been freezing and rebooting?

EDIT: also all I could find in the zip file was Superuser.apk, is that what you meant?

Mine is. But it was actually worse before root.