[FAQ][DISCUSSION] CyanogenMod 9 nightlies i9000 galaxy s

Search This thread

nutzo

Aug 3, 2007
It is amazing, honestly just as perfect as any other ICS custom ROMs, just that with the usual CyanogenMod quality. I only have to change its default kernel to have CIFS,
but apart from that everything is just great.
Homescreen is greatly customizable, notification widget is back (great miss from ICS AOSP), also I can finally toggle "mobile data" from notification.
Big pro guys, really.

sruday

Apr 25, 2011
AWESOME!!

I agree with Nutzo, this is fantastic. Smooth, fast and customizable. I have been playing with it for the last 2 days and (touch wood) so far so good.

Thanks to Cyanogenmod for keeping the Galaxy S i9000 alive!!

Last edited:

tube1968

Jan 27, 2012
Wow! The 30 March nightly has transformed my GPS. Now have instantaneous fix (even indoors) plus rock solid lock/accuracy. Great work :D

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

mammenj

Sep 12, 2010
Any chance of getting the nightlies change log classified as major and minor fixes?

Edit: If I knew it, I would have done it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

wihan1

Feb 16, 2010
Anyone know if it's best to update to latest nightly from 100% battery? I always do when flashing, just curious as I'm new to nightlies...

nutzo

Aug 3, 2007
Well i am using stratosk's semaphore kernel - but for
completely different reasons - but i guess any ics compatible
kernel would do the trick, like glitch or devil's one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cyanogenmod 9 has progressed in to nightlies for the galaxy s i9000

http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?type=nightly&device=galaxysmtd
    Change log 2012-2-4 http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=galaxysmtd
    Please use this thread to discus the rom
    I'm on teamhacksung's CM9 ALPHA build 17, if I want to install the nightly do I need to do a wipe? Or just flash the build and Gapps?

You need to wipe;)
    how could I enable the boot animation that I have removed on b16?
    I cannot find the option anymore...

There is a file in /data/property called "persist.sys.nobootanimation" Delete it.

I am facing a very weird problem :confused:. Yesterday evening i flashed the latest Nightly(2012-04-02)for cm9. Since then i have not been able to send a SMS to anyone. everytime i try to send one i get a error saying "Message not sent". However i can receive SMS. Before flashing i could send SMS. Is this a network issue or a issue with the ROM?

Hi Guys, in found a solution to this problem. The smsc number in phone info has to be encoded. In case anyone else is facing the same issue use the following info:

For Phone Info on your dial pad enter *#*#4636#*#*
    Select Phone Info and scroll down to SMSC number.

please use below url to encode the SMSC
    twit88.com/home/utility/sms-pdu-encode-decode

For Eg: If your SMSC number is +919886005444.

On this webpage enter your number in SMSC Tab remove everything else and click convert. you will get a string as follows:
    AT+CMGW=10
    0791198968004544110000910000AA02E834

Out of this string enter the SMSC number till 11 i.e. 079119896800454411 and update. After update the last digits 11 will be removed automatically.

You should be able to send sms now..!:D
    I saw a couple complaints about battery drain on the CM forums, but no mention about whether these nightlies address the Android OS bug. Are these based on 4.0.4?

My android os is 5% and far as I no it is based on 4.0.4