[Q] Nexus 4 possible battery issue?

Search This thread

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
Hello I'm new to the nexus 4 forms. Okay so today I traded my Galaxy note 1 for the nexus 4 and the HTC One x. I was really excited to see the nexus 4 for the first time. Upon looking at it, the screen had 3 cracks in it but the person said it still functions fine. Cracks don't really bother me that much anyway. He also said that it needed a new battery and that the phone can still be turned on/used. When I went home I plugged it in and I saw a flashing red-light. Then a few minutes after I saw the charging icon on the screen. I waited abit more and tried powering on, the battery icon disappeared and I saw the flashing red light again, I left it alone for about 30m+ and when I looked at it I saw the battery icon filling up and down but there was no raise in charge. So I started looking things up. I have tried opening the phone and disconnecting the battery on and off the board, stripping a USB cable with the + and - connections putting it on the battery for 13-15mins plugged into a laptop (I used my playstation 2), and that didn't work. What I then did is take the battery out and plugged in the charger only. I managed to get into the bootloader screen but when pressing start I see the Google word and it just shuts off. Awhile later it just got to the point where when I plug in the charger the red light blinks and stays that way (occasionally I will see the charging logo). I will buy a new battery if needed I just wanted to make sure there's something I didn't try yet, or confirm the battery is the issue. There doesn't appear to be any water damage and everything looks clean inside the phone. I can post a picture of the battery if needed. Hopefully this phone isn't dead and can be working again, I saw afew videos called the red light of death where the nexus 4 was plugged in with a steady red light appearing with no charging at all, mine only flashes so I think that is a good sign. I guess I will plug it in all night when i go to sleep hoping for it to turn on in the morning. I've also already called lg and they have horrible service... Please let me know if there's anything else I can try. Thanks!

Sent from my Incredible 4G LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: Ra1nst0rm

Ra1nst0rm

Feb 1, 2012
Moscow
I mny opinion it is definitly the battery issue,cause it is booted withput it. Just buy new battery and you will be good to go

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
Now I'm starting to wonder if the touchscreen will even work right.. I mean look at this..(i put a pic) Do you think the touch will be okay? The glass is all that got damaged, the lcd Is perfect though. I'm going to get it replaced soon enough hopefully.

Attachments

• 1394285719159.jpg
    1394285719159.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

RolF2

Sep 25, 2008
we are talking about LG nexus 4 , not a htc. Nexus 4 digitizer is made directly on front glass.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello I'm new to the nexus 4 forms. Okay so today I traded my Galaxy note 1 for the nexus 4 and the HTC One x. I was really excited to see the nexus 4 for the first time. Upon looking at it, the screen had 3 cracks in it but the person said it still functions fine. Cracks don't really bother me that much anyway. He also said that it needed a new battery and that the phone can still be turned on/used. When I went home I plugged it in and I saw a flashing red-light. Then a few minutes after I saw the charging icon on the screen. I waited abit more and tried powering on, the battery icon disappeared and I saw the flashing red light again, I left it alone for about 30m+ and when I looked at it I saw the battery icon filling up and down but there was no raise in charge. So I started looking things up. I have tried opening the phone and disconnecting the battery on and off the board, stripping a USB cable with the + and - connections putting it on the battery for 13-15mins plugged into a laptop (I used my playstation 2), and that didn't work. What I then did is take the battery out and plugged in the charger only. I managed to get into the bootloader screen but when pressing start I see the Google word and it just shuts off. Awhile later it just got to the point where when I plug in the charger the red light blinks and stays that way (occasionally I will see the charging logo). I will buy a new battery if needed I just wanted to make sure there's something I didn't try yet, or confirm the battery is the issue. There doesn't appear to be any water damage and everything looks clean inside the phone. I can post a picture of the battery if needed. Hopefully this phone isn't dead and can be working again, I saw afew videos called the red light of death where the nexus 4 was plugged in with a steady red light appearing with no charging at all, mine only flashes so I think that is a good sign. I guess I will plug it in all night when i go to sleep hoping for it to turn on in the morning. I've also already called lg and they have horrible service... Please let me know if there's anything else I can try. Thanks!

Well it didn't really boot. I only could make it to the bootloader.

I know.It dont boot to rom cause it need more power than usb so it cant do this without battery