7.jpg

8.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Jiyeon90

solwretep

Jan 15, 2008
unbelievable

Thats unbelievable. I cant believe it. I would be happy with 6hours...... but 14!?!?

I wont believe this until I get more proof :)

nevertheless, thank you

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Yeahh...

Screen brightness on 5%
I can do that with my Z1...
If I can get 6-7 hours on 69-70% screen brightness then I really believe I could reproduce that on 5-10% screen brightness

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Maybe we should ask for a video of it so you can verify the findings :silly:

Video should be 30 hours long mate...
You could use 70% for a 2 hours, then 5-10% for a 10-20 hours and then 40% to record a 5 mins video.

It's not possible to know that all we could get is this...so we could believe it or not.

I don't buy that but OK...

Actually - I believe it is possible, if you lower your cpu freq to minimum and brightness to very low.

But if you are using device like every other "normal" person...
I really doubt battery could hold that much of screen time to.

plonkersaurus

Nov 18, 2008
Video should be 30 hours long mate...
You could use 70% for a 2 hours, then 5-10% for a 10-20 hours and then 40% to record a 5 mins video.

It's not possible to know that all we could get is this...so we could believe it or not.

I don't buy that but OK...

Actually - I believe it is possible, if you lower your cpu freq to minimum and brightness to very low.

But if you are using device like every other "normal" person...
I really doubt battery could hold that much of screen time to.

Yes it was a joke, it would be 14 hours long for you to watch thus the :silly: .

There's no realistic way to verify anyone's claims so you can say they are bull**** all you want, but if what he is saying is the truth then it is pretty amazing and I highly doubt the Z1 can do it even at minimum brightness.

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Yes it was a joke, it would be 14 hours long for you to watch thus the :silly: .

There's no realistic way to verify anyone's claims so you can say they are bull**** all you want, but if what he is saying is the truth then it is pretty amazing and I highly doubt the Z1 can do it even at minimum brightness.

Why do you think it can't?
Z2 have slightly bigger screen and 1GB RAM more so I think battery life should be similar to Z1.

With IPS screen you could get hour or two more (screen time) but to get 7-8 hours more...I really doubt that...

But OK, that's my opinion...
Maximum I can get from Z1 (and my battery is really good) is 30 hours battery with 5.30h-6h of screen time (on 50-60%) and one hour more on (40-50%).

Tested on KitKat Z1 6903 stock firmware.

If you check details, you'll see there's only MXplayer (5%) and nothing more...
Where are the social networks, wifi, gps or push emails...

I'm not trying to say it's not possible, it is but only if you stay on home screen and watch it for a 14 hours...

plonkersaurus

Nov 18, 2008
Why do you think it can't?
Z2 have slightly bigger screen and 1GB RAM more so I think battery life should be similar to Z1.

With IPS screen you could get hour or two more (screen time) but to get 7-8 hours more...I really doubt that...

But OK, that's my opinion...
Maximum I can get from Z1 (and my battery is really good) is 30 hours battery with 5.30h-6h of screen time (on 50-60%) and one hour more on (40-50%).

Tested on KitKat Z1 6903 stock firmware.

If you check details, you'll see there's only MXplayer (5%) and nothing more...
Where are the social networks, wifi, gps or push emails...

I'm not trying to say it's not possible, it is but only if you stay on home screen and watch it for a 14 hours...

BTW- it won't be 14 hours long video, it'll be longer.
You'll have to prove not only screen time but standby as well...

It's not same to have 30 h and 7 screen time
Or 9 hours and 7 screen time.

Sony themselves rate the Z1 with a 6.6 hour battery life playing video, and 10 hours for the Z2. We know there is a huge difference in screen technology and I think it's not beyond reason that there is a huge difference in power consumption (if you take into account the Z2 has a faster and thus probably more power hungry chipset)

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Sony themselves rate the Z1 with a 6.6 hour battery life playing video, and 10 hours for the Z2. We know there is a huge difference in screen technology and I think it's not beyond reason that there is a huge difference in power consumption (if you take into account the Z2 has a faster and thus probably more power hungry chipset)

Hmm...in that last sentence you confirmed my thesis...

OK, time will show...

Nice to talk to you ;)

I hope no one is offended here, that wasn't my intention.
If I don't have Z1 I would buy Z2, that's for sure... That's great device.

I'll wait autumn and Z3 or whatever Sony name that one...

Jiyeon90

Nov 8, 2012
Yeahh...

Screen brightness on 5%
I can do that with my Z1...
If I can get 6-7 hours on 69-70% screen brightness then I really believe I could reproduce that on 5-10% screen brightness

z1 doesnt get more than 8-9 hours on lowest brightness..

Top Liked Posts