If YOU are noticing degraded battery life after kitkat update, post here!

Are you getting better or worse battery life after kitkat?

• Total voters
Search This thread

demoncamber

Jan 20, 2012
Are you noticing worse battery life after doing the kitkat update? I am, and I want to know if you are too.
Post in here, take the poll, and lets figure out how to track down what is going on.

Requirements: Try to post a screenshot of your battery stats, wakelocks (if possible) and how many hours you were getting before on a charge.

Here's my input:
2erata5a.jpg
4ytypude.jpg
3e3ajapy.jpg
ynasereg.jpg

Last edited:

style154

Jun 23, 2012
San Tan Valley
I will get some screens soon and try to track it down but I have been noticing that on days I use my Bluetooth after I turn it off. See a drastic.decrease in battery and my phone gets hot. I was have seen others say there was a Bluetooth wakelock as well and it's very random when it happens

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Reactions: demoncamber

demoncamber

Jan 20, 2012
That's basically what I'm seeing, maybe 12 hours if I'm lucky. Granted I am using my phone a lot lately since I just got it but still... My s2 t989 with same usage was lasting far longer.

Sent from my LG-D801

demoncamber

Jan 20, 2012
Here's just today's bat life after sleeping 8 hours.
2eqyvyhe.jpg
e4y3ypyq.jpg

Sent from my LG-D801

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396975368563.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396975368563.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 242

Swizzle82

Dec 20, 2013
Texas
My two main reasons for me rooting are ad blocking and greenify. I just learned that greenify added support for non-root users. I have greenified every app I don't use on a regular basis and am noticing significant difference in battery. The only thing is that after you use a greenified app you have to re-greenify manually.

demoncamber

Jan 20, 2012
Greenify and tasker work great, I had tasker auto hibernate all greenified apps upon screen on. Its basically the closest you can get to automation without rooting.

Greenify has saved my battery issues.

Sent from my LG-D801

rcsrich

Jan 30, 2011
Richmond, VA
Usually I do a factory reset after such an upgrade

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

More often than not, a factory reset will take care of battery issues after a major OS upgrade. I'm not sure if it's left-over system files or something about the "upgrading" of existing apps during the process, but I've had to do it with both my Galaxy S3 and Nexus 7 2012. Not every upgrade, mind you, but with one or two.

andes85

Dec 26, 2010
FL
I do notice my system battery monitor jumping around all crazy, this is after a factory reset.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

ummduh

Jan 23, 2011
Washington Co, WI
OnePlus 11
My wife's battery life has become so bad since the update, that I'm on this site trying to figure out how to downgrade her phone right now. (My N5/CM11 sometimes lasts longer than her G2 now)

Swizzle82

Dec 20, 2013
Texas
Bout the same for me. Only thing I notice is that before my wifi was always running in background according to bbs, no matter what I did to change settings. Not anymore after update.

4GivenByChrist

Dec 20, 2010
First cycle on the update I lost 35% or so in a couple hours with little use. I checked battery use and Instagram was the primary hog. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app and getting awesome battery life comparable or better than before the update. Not sure why instagram went crazy but works fine now

Sent from my Touchpad using XDA Free mobile app

demoncamber

Jan 20, 2012
The update fixed a serious wakelock issue caused by wifi calling for me. A lot of wakelocks seem to have disappeared with the update for me.

Nothing leaps and bounds, but notice a bit of an improvement for sure.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will get some screens soon and try to track it down but I have been noticing that on days I use my Bluetooth after I turn it off. See a drastic.decrease in battery and my phone gets hot. I was have seen others say there was a Bluetooth wakelock as well and it's very random when it happens

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    I'm down from 1.5 day to hardly 10 hours on a single charge
    Usually when going from previous to a newer android I factory reset twice

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
    Usually I do a factory reset after such an upgrade

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk