[Q] Can't unbrick phone, LG FlashTool always fails after 2 seconds.

Search This thread

SMN23

Oct 12, 2011
Orlando
So I edited my build.prop and forgot to reset permissions before rebooting, now my phone's bricked. I can't seem to find a kdz file for my phone (D850) so I've been trying to fix it with the tot method.

The FlashTool checked the model and instantly failed until I got a different dll file to make it skip that verification, now whenever it begins the process it always fails after 2 seconds. I've followed the procedure at least a dozen times now making sure I'm not missing anything but I just can't get this to work.

If I'm completely stuck here, would there be any way to get a replacement from AT&T? I bought the phone only a week ago so I was thinking if I pulled the defective device card they'd give me another.

Thanks in advance.

SMN23

Oct 12, 2011
Orlando
Hate to say, but it's the first I've heard of this.

Damn, and after all the years I've spent modding my phones I never thought I'd run into something like this. Never have I not been able to fix my (or a friend's) phone after it was softbricked, hell I fixed a softbricked HD2 that was running ICS at the time.

Well this sucks, looks like I'll have to keep looking for an alternative method or I'll have to make a trip down to AT&T.

Thanks for the attempt, though. Hopefully nobody else has this issue.