[HELP THREAD] Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T210 | Ask any question | Noob friendly

Search This thread

void.naught

Jan 22, 2015
sm-t210 problems

Hello guyz. I create this thread becoz there are not many help about Samsung galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210. Ok ask any question about this device and I wil try to answer your questions.

Right guys, here i go, just joined and first question!!!
i have not ever rooted a sm-t210 but it was rooted when i bought it second hand!
i have linux installed on my p.c. and was wondering if there is a way to upgrade to and official KITKAT!
as stated i am having problems because my SM-T210 wifi only! and want to update to kitkat official release!
but was hoping also that there is a way/method to root via LINX and not via windows!!
if that is not possible how do i go about it on windows!! as i can use a friends WINDOWS-P.C. if i must!

ah also my SM-T210 does not have the options to change the function of the USB-function,,,
i.e.
it used to have an option to,, use as a mass storege, media transfer or use with samsung keis,,, or some thing of the sort
but this option has dissapeared! may have been my fault!!!! as i uninstalled some system apps,
now it crashes and reboots whenever i try to turn of USB-DEBUGGING options in DEVELOPER-OPTIONS !!!!
many thanks in advance,
Void.Naught

i should also add that i wish to Root once i have installed KITKAT !
Thanks again

Last edited:

diabolusmiles

May 8, 2009
Stock tab won't boot

So my friend asked me to try and fix his tablet. It won't boot past the samsung screen. Download mode is still accessible, however when I try to go into recovery it just immediately exits out of it after flashing a screen that says 0%. From what they've told me it seems like they tried to do an ota update and then this happened.

musuapple

Jan 28, 2015
Hello everybody

Hello everybody, i don't know what's wrong with my Sm t210...
I installed few custom rom, trying most of them out to see which one suited the tablet better, then i installed KitKat stock rom and since then my tablet doesn't want to boot. What i mean is, it boots, but it gets stuck at the "Samsung" logo and stays there forever. I tried to install different rom with the recovery mode, but none of them worked, and i tried to install a stock rom with Odin, but that doesn't work either. Am i just using the wrong stock rom? someone help please...

sycoguy

Feb 9, 2015
Atlanta, Georgia
I am looking for a stable t210r kernel for overclock gaming... stock 4.4.2 with philz and root... i can't get any apps to work and read back as changed when i use cpuid to check kernel settings... link to proper forum or similar plz....

Sent from my SM-T210R using XDA Free mobile app

sscywong

Dec 22, 2007
Hi,

I've got a stock untouched T-210 with JB. My T-210 is a Hong Kong version which doesn't have KK ROM available. I want to keep using stock ROM but would like to upgrade to KK.

Is it possible to flash say the Singapore version KK into my T-210? If yes, what's the proper procedure to do so? Root it first then flash it using Odin? Or not even needing to get it rooted? Anything I need to be caution?

Thanks in advance~

Tyeop

Feb 12, 2015
Help

Hello,
I was wondering if someone could help me connect my sm-t230nu to my PC. Yes usb debugging is on and such but it is still not detected.
Sorry if this a really newbie thing to ask, well i am a noob so
Thanks in advance!

serphant

Feb 15, 2015
please help me i cant access the TWRP Recovery. i did press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together. Prior to this the odin displayed the gree word pass im using SGT Tab 3 SM T-210 android version 4.1.2 please provide link for other tutorial or files tobe downloaded

Sent from my D2005 using XDA Free mobile app

arnotixe

Feb 23, 2011
Kristiansand
Reconnect usb when stuck on SetupConnection flashing Samsung T210R

Hi trazfer
This happened to me when I accidentally moved my usb chord and it disconnect. I just reinsert chord and reflash then it is ok

This was very useful to me :)

I have a Samsung ST210R HW revision 05. It has been very flaky and lately Google Play simply didn't work anymore. Factory reset didn't help. So I started looking for alternatives :)

Now, the device is also flaky while trying to flash! Since I run Linux Mint, tried flashing a ClockworkMod with heimdall but "heimdall print-pit" worked only once, ever. I attached the resulting .pit informational file in case it could help someone.

Then I fired up Virtualbox with Windows XP in it, and tried many different root recipes all around the net, but it always got stuck on SetupConnection, using Odin 3.07.

This is how I made it work at last:
1 "Powered down" the XP virtual machine
2 Added a USB filter to that XP machine so that my SAMSUNG T210R would always be [mentally] connected to the machine upon physical connection to the host machine
3 Started up the XP virtual machine again
4 Downloaded files described in this article: www dot ibtimes dot co dot uk/galaxy-tab370-root-android412-jellybean-wifi-smt210-501118 (you need to be human to understand this link)
5 Started Odin, selected the prerooted.tar.md5, unticked Automatic Reboot and pressed Start.
6 Stuck on SetupConnection
7 Disconnected thanks to your post although both the tablet and Odin says this is not very smart ;)
8 Odin complained "removed!"
9 Reconnected the tablet
10 Odin reported "Added!"
11 Pressed Start again and eyyyy! it works.
12 Thought bad things about Samsung and Odin unstability/flakyness

Again, thanks a lot! I now have a rooted T210 :D

Attachments

• t210.txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 21

sossy

Jan 8, 2014
Has anyone tried a 64gb micro sd card in sm t210? The specs say 32gb, but wondering if anyone has had any luck with a 64gb before I splash out on one

SuperBILLY_01

Nov 9, 2015
TWRP 2.8.7.0

Hello i just updated my TWRP Recovery to TWRP version 2.8.7.0 and when i Boot into Recovery there is a Option that READ ONLY and Swipe to Allow modifications? What does it mean?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys. I created this thread because I just want to help users help with problems regarding to Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T210. Write down your problems/issues/questions about device (development, bugs, etc...) and I'll try my best to help you.
    yea you can install SM-T210R rom on SM-T210... It's almost same devices...
    No bootanimation means that its deleted... But you need app to transfer apps on SD card... You must search on g play store...

Sent from my SM-T210 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I got a free 7" wifi only sm-t210r. It came pre-loaded with Time Warner apps. I am now rooted with a custom recovery.

When booting, the samsung logo does not flash by quickly leading me to believe the bootloader is locked.

I'm usually pretty good at finding my own answers but the community on this device is pretty small. I was happy to find this thread.

Did this device come with a locked bootloader? If not, how do I unlock it?

Try latest RocketTab with T210R MK1 kernel, all other kernels lead to black boot screen. Just click on my signature. :)
    Tried flashing with stock firmwares, no go.

Support to @tempdroid

Sent from my SM-T210 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app