[ROM] CyanogenMod-7 for Optimus 2X - NIGHLTIES [05/01/2011]

Search This thread

tomsi91

Aug 10, 2011
Stock video player show subtitles over HDMI, other players show video over hdmi but subtitles on the phones screen

tomsi91

Aug 10, 2011
Stock cm7 video player isnt show any subtitles even on phone's screen. is there a settings for it?

NO, stock LG!! video player can play it. i havent seen any other video player that show subtitles over HDMI. i fought with this few months ago. I think, it should work to install LG gingerbread video player to CM7

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

For the phone screen playing i like mx video player and i have had recomended one really great hw accelerated payed video player, i tried it, but i cant remember name. But i dont watch many videos on 2x yet. But for the HDMI output the best is LG stock player.

hakankarani

Oct 18, 2011
NO, stock LG!! video player can play it. i havent seen any other video player that show subtitles over HDMI. i fought with this few months ago. I think, it should work to install LG gingerbread video player to CM7

How could you manage to install stock lg player in cm7??

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

What type of file and what video player are you using?

I have tried almost all the players in the market and the result is same with all of th em. mp4, mkv,avi all same

tomsi91

Aug 10, 2011
i havent tried it but i think it should be possible tu coppy lg stock player apk to /system/apps/ where are other system apps or it could be in gueste cm7 rom, its stock/cm7 hybrid

-sandro-

May 6, 2011
Pescara, Italy
vimeo.com
The blue thing is just a switch to a new theme (cyan) - you can switch themes in the themechooser.

I do have this lagginess too occasionally with temaseks KANGs (which doesn't differ much from these nightlies) - sometimes it happens after a day, sometimes after couple weeks. But I'll just restart then, I think it's due to some apps with poor memory management, but that's just a guess. It will work itself out after some time - but a restart is the quicker solution.

Same problem (#2) reported here

It really bothers me

tomsi91

Aug 10, 2011
Gueste Hybrid rom has built in LG stock apps this can be solution, if you want to play videos on external screen.

choccy31

Oct 16, 2009
Guys

My hdmi suddenly stopped working this weekend.

Any ideas why?

Is it the tomorrow being unstable the problem?

Ta

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA App

Lapiduss

Jan 5, 2011
[NOOB] After many months I tried to download with ROM Manager the cyanogenmod nightly (update-cm-7-20120226-NIGHTLY-p990-signed.zip) and I see that google apps was ICS version (gapps-ics-20120224-signed.zip)!

For the next time I've to download only the nightly?

choccy31

Oct 16, 2009
Guys,

What's the best Kernels for this rom?

Would like something stable and would push to 1.5 (currently stuck at 1000 standard)

Ta

dmxl

Sep 28, 2006
Leiden, NL
Awesome ROM! Few questions.

Very nice ROM!

I got a few questions though.
- Which kernel do you guys consider most stable with CM7.2 (RC1), which allows for slightly overclocking to 1200Mhz?

- I really liked two things of the stock ROM, those are the shortcuts in the dropdown notification area. Mostly I miss the button to disable automatic screen rotation, and the music controls. Anyone know if there's a zip or apk somewhere, so I can add this to the ROM?

Thanks!

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
Very nice ROM!

I got a few questions though.
- Which kernel do you guys consider most stable with CM7.2 (RC1), which allows for slightly overclocking to 1200Mhz?

- I really liked two things of the stock ROM, those are the shortcuts in the dropdown notification area. Mostly I miss the button to disable automatic screen rotation, and the music controls. Anyone know if there's a zip or apk somewhere, so I can add this to the ROM?

Thanks!

Cm settings -> interface -> notification power widget

For many items but exclude music stuffs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance (howto).

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your Optimus 2X (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Root your device
    2. Install ROM Manager (search the market for it, no need to use the Premium version), and from there install ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Do a Nandroid backup!
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. Install the ROM
    6. Optionally install the Google Addon

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Go into recovery and dump the "/proc/last_kmsg" file.
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get send the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

This is the latest release candidate so any and all feedback is appreciated!

The preferred method of installation is via ROM Manager, or you can head over to the CM Forums for manual downloads.

Latest version: NO RELEASE YET. Nightlies started on May 1st.
    Download: CM Mirrors

Google Addon: 20110307 Universal
    Download: http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/

NOTE: Modaco's version of clockworkmod for the 2X is broken, and has a wrong device identifier; installing CM with it WILL FAIL. Please use an actual clockworkmod recovery, as installed by ROM Manager.

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    temasek's KANG build P204-23

NOTE

This is a KANG build of CM7 ( CyanogenMod 7 ) for p990 and by NO means this is my ROM. I am just compiling from CM Source and 100% credits goes to CyanogenMod and the device maintainer of p990, Ricardo Cerqueira.

- From this build P204-23, the filename will revert to original filename of KANG CM7 ROM. I will append my build numbering to facilitate easy management. This is to respect the CyanogenMod Team. If in the past due to my renaming of KANG filenames, I apolgise sincerely.
    - As per request by @vegas, cherry picked "Change If8f37d8f: Default volume control media (2/2 CMParts)" --- Confirmed working :)
    - To enable this function -> Settings -> CM Settings -> Sound -> Default volume media
    - This KANG comes with 218 RIL

CHANGELOG ( Same log for N1 P253-21 , LG OB P20-10 )

MERGED COMMITS UP TO
    Change Ia8307212: add support for rom manager, new kernel containing most module built in the kernel, and fix autobrightness
    http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged+branch:gingerbread,n,z

CHERRY-PICKS
    If you see any picking is missing from last build, it is because it was merged, abandoned, reverted by me or I've eaten it up. :p
    NEW - Change If8f37d8f: Default volume control media (2/2 CMParts)
    Change I95c987f1: Toggling the flashlight by long pressing the HOME button (1/2)
    Change I5db06ce5: Toggling the flashlight by long pressing the HOME button (2/2)
    Change I51c9b33d: Update Russian translation - T9 Dialer
    Change I459f34ec: Exchange: calendar sync window linked to email sync window
    UPDATED - Change I923fa5aa: AndroidTerm: Merge remote branch 'upstream/master' into update
    Change I95b8f2b1: The Torch app had to much "old" and deprecated code.
    Change I1658d538: es_ES: Fix spanish translations
    Change Ie02702b6: es_ES: Add and fix spanish translations
    REVERTED - Change Icc179c90: Additional icons for CM Device Settings
    Change I2e6e6071: BT GPS in framework base
    Change Ib25e89ea: BT GPS setting in android app (PATCH#1)
    Change I0e4ebbc0: Estonain keyboard
    Change Ibef23046: Added option to use either removable SD card or internal memory
    UPDATED - Change I0f6dbe81: LockScreen Alignment: Right (Part 1/2)
    Change I9962172d: LockScreen Alignment: Right (Part 2/2)
    Change I540fc206: change device specific icon (hdpi/mdpi), original one is 'blur'
    Change I29c3b84c: Add option for music widget transparency.
    Change I85bc7836: es_ES: Add missing translations
    Change I64f48576: getNextCalendarAlarm: query instances to get recurring events right
    REVERTED - Change I6368d518: Add option to lock volume keys in silent mode (framework part)
    REVERTED - Change I57d54e64: Add option to lock volume keys in silent mode (CMParts part) (PATCH #4)
    Change I055fb5f1: Ringlock (1/3): Style options added to CM settings
    Change Id2e58880: Ringlock (2/3): Style options added to CM settings (PATCH #2)
    Change Ieebeaeee: Ringlock (3/3): Style options added to CM settings
    Change I875a5ba5: Ability to debug over Network (framework part)
    Change I227ef11e: Add ability to debug over Network (Settings half)
    Change Id3e68a75: Notification power widget mobiledata auto 2g/3g (PATCH #2)
    Change I2e365a33: Notification power widget mobiledata auto 2g/3g
    Change I4427e3f2: [bionic] Replace strlen() with ARMv7 optimized version
    UPDATED - Change I6c43625d: Allow custom snooze times for calendar reminders.
    Change Ia99dbdd5: Show number of pending calendar reminders.
    Change Iaaf7f1c4: LGEStarRIL: Apply DST regardless of Infineon fix (PATCH #3)
    Change I3a7ffd3b: Fix a possible null pointer exeption editing a contact.

NOTE: NITZ Fix by pastime1971(for p990 only)

For SU660 824 BB users, you are required to flash this from recovery after u flashed your KANG. This is to add 'ro.telephony.nitz=GMT' in build.prop http://www.mediafire.com/?8od4tbxyg9mxfog

For other BB users, you are NOT required to flash anything else. Its in the rom by default. Just got reminded by pastime1971 :p

File & Fix courtesy from pastime1971.

I believe if you don't use Automatic Time but use app lilke clocksync to sync your time, then you don't require to flash the above NITZ fix.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
    http://www.mediafire.com/temasek
    http://minus.com/temasek

MD5: be02157860eb4b37916d65a018be76ce

CREDITS

CyanogenMod
    Ricardo Cerqueira aka aremcee / arecee / RC , maintainer for p990
    aMpeX, who wrote the "How to compile a KANG tutorial" :D
    pastime1971, my unofficial advisor :p
    Rusty!, who shared his valuable experience.
    Step by step

Dear unfugor and JimmyLeeBillyBob, I know sometimes things are really annoying but I would resume all the steps to convert a Stock LG into "a CM7 beast". All these steps are explained in the forum but I will try to put them all together.

STEPS (Please, follow the correct order):
    1) Root the device. There are 2 options but I've always used the first one (Super One Click):

a) Super One Click - works with every ROM version (2.2.1 & above also supported) - By domi007
    Link : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=953182

b) GingerBreak App - works with most ROMs inc stock - By Chainfire
    Link : http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1044765

1.1) How to Root with Super One Click:
    1.1.1) Install the LG Drivers into your PC to have ADB access to your phone www.globalparts.es/ftp/miui/LGUnitedMobileDriver_S4981MAN32AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.2.1.exe
    1.1.2) Install Super One Click www.globalparts.es/ftp/miui/SuperOneClickv2.2-ShortFuse.zip
    1.1.3) Enable the USB debugging in your phone: Settings -> Applications -> Development. Also it's important to activate the "Allow no-market Applications" under Settings -> Applications
    1.1.4) Connect your phone to the PC through the USB
    1.1.5) Run SuperOneClick.exe
    1.1.6) Press the ROOT key and you will have ROOT ACCESS to your phone. It is recommended to run the test at the end of the process.

2) Install Recovery "ClockWorkMod" (CWM)
    2.1 Download CWM from www.globalparts.es/ftp/miui/cwm-5.0.2.7-P990_Moon.zip
    2.2 Unzip the downloaded file where you want (ex. in the Desktop)
    2.3 Connect the phone with the USB debugging enabled (Point 1.1.3)
    2.4 Run the executable according to your Operating System
    2.4.1 Windows: file install-cwm-mod-p990-windows.bat
    2.4.2 Linux: install-cwm-mod-p990-linux.sh
    2.4.3 Mac: install-cwm-mod-p990-mac.sh

NOTE: Once installed, to enter into the CWM Recovery you have to power off the phone and then keep pressing the VOL- key while pressing the power On button until the phone enters into the CWM recovery menu (about 10 seconds).

3) Change the Baseband:
    3.1) Download the Smartflash utility from here: www.globalparts.es/ftp/miui/smartflash.zip
    3.2) Unzip where you want
    3.3) Download the Baseband you want.
    3.4) Unzip the Baseband where you want.
    3.5) Run SmartFlashTool_P990.exe
    3.6) Turn device off, remove the battery and plug the USB phone to the PC while holding volume down - . You should see a software update message on the screen and the COM port of the Smartflash program should be filled automatically. You can now unpress the volume down - key.
    3.7) Select the 'ROM Copy D/L' tab
    3.8) Ensure 'Normal Mode' is selected
    3.9) Ensure 'Erase CAL' is NOT selected
    3.10) Click the browse button next to 'CP Bin:' and select the baseband (FLS) file.
    3.11) Click 'Start' and wait for the flash to complete. The phone will automatically reboot and you can unplug the USB cable and mount the battery. back

NOTE: We will flash the matching RIL after CM7 will be installed.

4) Install latest CM7 nightly http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=p990 .
    4.1) Once downloaded the CM7 put the zip into the root of your external SD card and enter into the CMW Recovery as explained on point 2. At this point I recommend to do a backup under the menu "backup and restore" just in case something goes wrong.
    4.2) Once the backup has been done choose WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    4.3) Then choose "install zip from SD card" and choose the zip you put into the root of your SD card. Then wait until the end and choose reboot.
    4.4) After rebooting your phone configure all the options. If you want you can install the Google Apps that you can download from here: www.globalparts.es/ftp/miui/gapps-gb-20110907-signed.zip

5) Install the matching RIL
    5.1) Go to the "Market" and search for the GetRIL application. Once installed execute and choose the RIL that matches your Baseband and check the option "keep RIL after flashing a new ROM". Then choose "Download and Install".
    5.2) If you prefer you can download the RIL in zip format and install it with the CWM Recovery as "Install zip from SD card"

6) Change the Kernel:
    6.1) I recommend the Vorkkernel: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1059910.
    NOTE: At the moment the E-Peen version gives me problems with the camera so I prefer the stable non E-Peen version.

6.2) If you want you can download from the Market the app VorkKernel Updater and change the parameters according to your needs.

NOTE: If you activate the FM Radio with this kernel you'll miss all the incoming calls so If you usually use the FM Radio I recommend to install the swiftextreme kernel or the one you prefer.

7) Install additional applications:
    7.0) Google Applications Pack http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43058142/P990/Apk/gapps-gb-20110907-signed.zip
    7.1) Go Launcher - An outstanding Desktop (I recommend the Plate Theme)
    7.2) Go Keyboard and the Gingerbread theme. Don't forget to download your language pack (ex Spanish for Go Keyboard).
    7.3) SetCPU - This allows you to "Overclock your phone through the CM7 menu Settings -> CyanogenMod Setting -> Performance ->CPU Settings and choose max CPU Frequency to 1216.
    7.4) AllcallRecording - To record your incoming and outgoing phone calls.
    7.5) WhatsApp and Viber (of course)
    7.6) Sygic Navigator (an incredible offline Navigator)
    7.7) AppBrain (a Market alternative with best search results)
    7.8) MX Player - An incredible Video Player (A++++++)
    7.9) Soundhound - An improved version of Shazam to search for music (A++)
    7.10) TuneIn Radio
    7.11) Super Manager
    7.12) Titanium Backup
    7.13) Screen Off and Lock
    7.14) DroidWall - To deny access through the 2G/3G or wifi to the selected applications (A+++)
    7.15) More.... just search into the Market.
    OK I set your values and testing it now. It seems bit less distorted on my side. Other side do not complain and said my voice is crystal clear.

If someone else want's to try these values please feel free, since I could be subjective about sound quality.

Replace this file in /system/bin

Set 755 (rwx r-x r-x) permissions

Don't forget to backup original one in case you don't like what you hear.

P.S. My mother confirmed that she can hear me better then usual. (perhaps I should call more often)

I've taken the values for the microphone volume (0x1a and 0x1b) from that, and moved the back-loop disable to nvrm_daemon. It should be in the next nightlies.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
    No more KANGs till after Christmas :p
    Small update! So take it as a Christmas Gift ... :D

temasek's KANG build P204-16

MD5: 0fed71019117dfa174d332bb28bbde37

Changelog

Merged commits up-to
    Change Ic489a611: Camera: Autofocus camcorder only if needed
    http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged,n,z

Cherry-Picks
    Change I6368d518: Add option to lock volume keys in silent mode (framework part)
    Change I055fb5f1: Ringlock (1/3): Style options added to CM settings
    Change Id2e58880: Ringlock (2/3): Style options added to CM settings
    Change Ieebeaeee: Ringlock (3/3): Style options added to CM settings
    Change I875a5ba5: Ability to debug over Network (framework part)
    Change I227ef11e: Add ability to debug over Network (Settings half)
    Change Id3e68a75: Notification power widget mobiledata auto 2g/3g
    Change I2e365a33: Notification power widget mobiledata auto 2g/3g
    Change I4427e3f2: [bionic] Replace strlen() with ARMv7 optimized version
    Change I6c43625d: Allow custom snooze times for calendar reminders.
    Change Ia99dbdd5: Show number of pending calendar reminders.
    Change I3a7ffd3b: Fix a possible null pointer exeption editing a contact.
    Change I5ec0b565: Dialpad: perform search when retrieving last dialled number
    Change Ibef23046: Added option to use either removable SD card or internal memory

NOTE: NITZ Fix by pastime1971

For SU660 824 BB users, you are required to flash this from recovery after u flashed your KANG. This is to add 'ro.telephony.nitz=GMT' in build.prop
    http://www.mediafire.com/?8od4tbxyg9mxfog

For other BB users, you are NOT required to flash anything else. Its in the rom by default. Just got reminded by pastime1971 :p

File & Fix courtesy from pastime1971.

I believe if you don't use Automatic Time but use app lilke clocksync to sync your time, then you don't require to flash the above NITZ fix.

Download from:
    http://www.mediafire.com/temasek
    http://minus.com/temasek

Note: Above cherry pickings may not be related to your device :p