Just got M8!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Zeebz

Feb 19, 2011
Michigan
Just got the M8. I am loving the phone so far! I'm coming from a Nexus 4 and am very happy with the M8 so far. I did have some texting issues yesterday where like 1 out of every 10-20 texts would fail and I'd hit resend and it would resend the text (along with a few duplicates). I did a factory reset and switched from Hangouts to the stock messaging app and that seems to have solved the issue.

Aside from that, this phone is amazing. It's lightning quick and is extremely responsive!

williamtell

Aug 26, 2011
Austin
Just got the M8. I am loving the phone so far! I'm coming from a Nexus 4 and am very happy with the M8 so far. I did have some texting issues yesterday where like 1 out of every 10-20 texts would fail and I'd hit resend and it would resend the text (along with a few duplicates). I did a factory reset and switched from Hangouts to the stock messaging app and that seems to have solved the issue.

Aside from that, this phone is amazing. It's lightning quick and is extremely responsive!

Good to see that you like it after the Nexus 4. Been browsing all forums for that "final confirmation" to go for it after having the 4G LTE with sprint have been a bit put off on HTC devices but have been admiring the M7 from a distance...

In-regards to the issue that you had ... any chance you were connected to WiFi ?
Reason I ask is I had the same issue last night (Google Hangout) while connected to ours.
Once I dropped the connection an went solely on my carriers data (T-Mobile) everything came through just fine...

JayRolla

Mar 8, 2011
The issue sounds like a carrier or Wi-Fi issue. Not phone issue. You will love this phone. I traded my gs5 in for this and never looked back. Gs5 felt so cheap and it was laggy out the box

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

luutuan

Oct 22, 2011
Congrats! and an advise, hold it tight, it is really slippery, I dropped mine twice times, and lesson learned: aluminum is a soft metal :)

williamtell

Aug 26, 2011
Austin
The issue sounds like a carrier or Wi-Fi issue. Not phone issue. You will love this phone. I traded my gs5 in for this and never looked back. Gs5 felt so cheap and it was laggy out the box

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

seems that everyone is pretty pleased with this release in comparison to the predecessors...
(minus evo... god how I miss the days with my first Evo)

I noticed that... played around with the GS5 yesterday... Also explored the development forums a bit and it seem pretty vacant in comparison.
Added selling factor it appears Sense dramatically improved aesthetically and in performance.. hell of a lot less clunky than before..

Sorry OP not trying to divert topic too much..

Status
Not open for further replies.