Set CPU says no root access after rooting...

Search This thread

Numsefis

Apr 5, 2010
Hello Guys...
Just rooted my phone, using this guide

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=711907

But after root, tried to install Set CPU, but it says there is no root access....
Is there a way to confirm, if the device is rooted?
When i launch the superuser application, nothing is shown in the program, can only set preferences for the app....

What do i do wrong?

mackdaddy187

Jul 5, 2010
Brampton
Did you install busybox? I forgot to do it and Apps could not access root but I realised my mistake and opened the busybox installer app

Numsefis

Apr 5, 2010
Busybox is just saing "waiting" and that the phone isn't rooted...

Is it neede to re-flash the phone with the guide?

tclolo

Jul 8, 2010
i uninstalled busybox after i rooted my x10i, i dont know what is it for so can anyone tell me whats busybox for do i need it for later use? thanks

Mobzter

May 9, 2010
as 4 root issue, I had same problem once.. im on x10i, I did I either step 2 o 3 again n it was fine (not sure which step deals with rooting the phone.. but it wil b the one needed to be done) - not sure about how it would work if your have a x10a!

Hope it helpz!!

Sent from my rooted x10i using swype via xda!!

Mobzter

May 9, 2010
i uninstalled busybox after i rooted my x10i, i dont know what is it for so can anyone tell me whats busybox for do i need it for later use? thanks

Busy Box is something that you install on your Droid to give you some additional handy LINUX / UNIX based commands. You need Busy Box installed because some commands are not available to you and you made need them for some root level tasks.

As for downloading it should be available in market!!

Sent from my rooted x10i using swype via xda!!