Root Achieved With Phillips GoGear Connect 3 8gb

Search This thread

mateo1212

Nov 18, 2008
here is proof. (sorry normal cam is broke so u gotta deal with webcam)
1gszno.png

Should work for:
Gogear Connect 3 8gb SA3CNT08
Gogear Connect 3 16gb SA3CNT16 (not tested. may need to edit drivers with proper device ids)

Now there are Pre-Rooted custom roms. look at the bottom of the post for a link to the guide.

this is 32 bit only at the moment

on the official Phillips support forum they stated that the developers wouldn't give out the adb drivers, so i used the method found on hikboys thread to make my own.

Now its an actual guide!

1. Put your Connect 3 into "Debug Mode"
  • a. From the home screen, press the Menu button below the screen.
  • b. Tap the Settings option.
  • c. Choose Applications.
  • d. Select Development.
  • e. Check the box for USB Debugging to turn it on.

2. Plug in The USB cable

3. After the drivers install, uninstall them in the device manager

4. refresh the drivers and you will see device that says go gear connect

5. install the ADB driver, linked at the bottom of the page, for the go gear connect in the device manager

6. download the newest copy of super one-click from here

7. open super one-click and change the exploit drop down menu to "zergRush"

8. click on the root button and let it do its thing.

9. click OK on the popup to install busybox.

10. after that it may ask you to verify root, allow it to

11. you are now rooted. do a happy dance.

I Have Figured out how to unbrick and flash this device if you have Messed it up while having root privileges. this method can also be used to install custom roms once some are made. if people need the repair/flash method or wanna work on roms let me know in the comments and i will post the files and guides needed for it.

this guide is by mateo1212

Now there are pre-rooted custom roms check out the guide Here

Attachments

• usb_driverconnect3adb.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 3,225
Last edited:

mateo1212

Nov 18, 2008
just figured out updating definantly removes the root but you can use the same method to re root.

processor information for the curious=
800mhz arm v7 Cortex A8
Freescale i.MX51 EVK board

Last edited:

dkinkaid

Nov 1, 2011
very awesome! i just got this for my son for xmas, root will be awesome. so much bloat on this thing.

going to try rooting now. Thanks again.

**edit** i gave this a try and it worked flawlessly. Very happy to be able to remove all of the bloat that comes with this device.

Last edited:

kosenn

Apr 1, 2009
Oakland, CA
How do I upgrade driver to adb interface? I've rooted other devices and never saw this instruction before. Thanks

I got it rooted. Thanks so much

Last edited:

dkinkaid

Nov 1, 2011
What I did is uninstall the original driver that installs when you connect the device. After you uninstall, reconnect it to your pc, use the drivers here to allow for adb.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

mateo1212

Nov 18, 2008
hey. im glad my post is helping you guys. i have some thing i would like input on.
1. im in the process of working on a custom rom for this device, should i continue?

let me know. thanks

also if people with the 16gb version can give me there device ids i can make custom adb drivers for your devices also, because this method will work for your devices

Last edited:

Nismo300zx

Jun 26, 2008
Florida
Im actually thinking about purchasing this for myself and was a little skeptical until i saw it can be rooted..whats ur opinions on this device? is it worth it? im one click away from ordering. And id definately be interested in custom roms for this.

mateo1212

Nov 18, 2008
this is a pretty cool little device. the only thing i have a problem with is the screen size. its a little small for my fat fingers but in the end you get used to it pretty quick. there is a lot of bloatware on it also but after you root you can get titanium backup and remove alot of it. i personally love the songbird music program they have installed. it is soooo much better than the stock music player. some apps dont show up in market but you can always sideload them(downloading the apks to the pc and copying them over to the sdcard then using a file explorer to install them). in all i think if you dont mind the smaller screen it will be a good buy after you root it.

Nismo300zx

Jun 26, 2008
Florida
Yea the screen size is what I'm really worried about I've gotten used to the 4inch screen on my phone...I'm torn between this and the galaxy 4.0

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

mateo1212

Nov 18, 2008
yea my gf is going to be getting the galaxy player 4.0 around income tax time. she does not like the fact that my mp3 player does not have a camera..lol from what i have seen the galaxy player 4.0 is pretty easily rooted but there isn't any custom firmware for the us version i have only found custom roms for the uk and korean versions.

right now im working on making a rom thats as close to stock AOSP as i can get that includes root and some other helpful software.

im also going to make a custom themed rom with the Espier Launcher as the default launcher and im going to make it clone ipod as much as possible.

the processor is the freescale imx515 so im going to work on compiling my own custom rom from scratch as the hardware is similar to the evaluation board kit. but thats down the road. the first few roms will be based off of the stock rom

i expect my first rom to be out tonight or tomorow during the day

Last edited:

cordell383

Apr 26, 2010
Drivers

When i uninstall drivers, I'm not able to install the new ABD drivers yet, when i uninstall the drivers, the device goes away. When i scan for changes, it installs the stock one, when ii try to update drivers, it says drivers up to date.... any help please.... Thanks

Windows 7 x64 OS

mateo1212

Nov 18, 2008
well first off. according to your post you are running windows 7 x64 and this is only for windows 7 x86. to get it working in x64 i need to finish the drivers and then i dont know if you will need to deal with driver signing issues.

if you are doing it in windows x86 make sure to delete the driver that shows up under "universal serial bus controllers" section it will show up as "USB Mass Storage Device" all you have to do is un plug it and plug it back in to figure out whitch one it is. but i repeat if you are running x64 THIS WILL NOT WORK

mateo1212

Nov 18, 2008
Fear not though i will soon be posting a few custom roms that are already rooted.
i have 5 in progress now

1 thru 3 are done i just need to gather up the files and write up the guide

1.the stock rom that comes with the device except its rooted and has a few extra utilitys

2.the stock rom that comes with the device except it is stripped of the bloatware and it is rooted and has a few extra utilitys

3.A close to AOSP rom, or atleast the best i can get, with root and a file browser and only the radio app from the normal rom (even has stock android boot screen)

4. A ROM that makes this device loosely imitate the iPod touch

5. totally themed ROM using launcher pro as the default launcher and it will keep the songbird app for music like the two stock ROMs. it will also have root

Last edited:

mateo1212

Nov 18, 2008
yea i put a link in the bottom of the original post. you do not have to be rooted to flash the custom firmware.

Truthful

Dec 18, 2011
I got it rooted but For some reason no facebook app on it?

Says not supported once i try to update it after i dl'ed it from Snappz, it does not show up on Android Market? I got the SA3CNT08K/37 *gb Model.

mateo1212

Nov 18, 2008
yea there is an issue with the market and such for some apps. i have attached the new facebook apk. copy the facebook apk to you sd card and use root explorer to install the apk.

Attachments

• com.facebook.katana-7602-1.8.0.apk
    3.8 MB · Views: 26

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here is proof. (sorry normal cam is broke so u gotta deal with webcam)
    1gszno.png

Should work for:
    Gogear Connect 3 8gb SA3CNT08
    Gogear Connect 3 16gb SA3CNT16 (not tested. may need to edit drivers with proper device ids)

Now there are Pre-Rooted custom roms. look at the bottom of the post for a link to the guide.

this is 32 bit only at the moment

on the official Phillips support forum they stated that the developers wouldn't give out the adb drivers, so i used the method found on hikboys thread to make my own.

Now its an actual guide!

1. Put your Connect 3 into "Debug Mode"
    • a. From the home screen, press the Menu button below the screen.
    • b. Tap the Settings option.
    • c. Choose Applications.
    • d. Select Development.
    • e. Check the box for USB Debugging to turn it on.

2. Plug in The USB cable

3. After the drivers install, uninstall them in the device manager

4. refresh the drivers and you will see device that says go gear connect

5. install the ADB driver, linked at the bottom of the page, for the go gear connect in the device manager

6. download the newest copy of super one-click from here

7. open super one-click and change the exploit drop down menu to "zergRush"

8. click on the root button and let it do its thing.

9. click OK on the popup to install busybox.

10. after that it may ask you to verify root, allow it to

11. you are now rooted. do a happy dance.

I Have Figured out how to unbrick and flash this device if you have Messed it up while having root privileges. this method can also be used to install custom roms once some are made. if people need the repair/flash method or wanna work on roms let me know in the comments and i will post the files and guides needed for it.

this guide is by mateo1212

Now there are pre-rooted custom roms check out the guide Here