Hello all, just got a Galaxy Tab 7!

Search This thread

joeyxl

Apr 29, 2008
Newmarket
hello fellow xda users, just picked up a brand new tab 7 for 200. so ill be in here talking and asking questions, and if i can, help as well!

i see we have ICS! hows eveyone loving it?

anyways, just thought id say hi to everyone,

joeyxl

sos_sifou

Mar 30, 2009
Algiers
www.sifou.jimdo.com
you say that you have just got it and you're talking about ics! I think you should go easy on it otherwise you will brike it very soon.
be aware my friend, upgrading your rom is not a joke... :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

joeyxl

Apr 29, 2008
Newmarket
Ive done it to 3 phones many times. Just being frendly snd saying hi.

Sent from my GT-P1000R using XDA App

FC1032

Aug 30, 2010
Sydney
hello fellow xda users, just picked up a brand new tab 7 for 200. so ill be in here talking and asking questions, and if i can, help as well!

i see we have ICS! hows eveyone loving it?

anyways, just thought id say hi to everyone,

joeyxl

Hello :) Welcome to the gang.

Yes, ICS is quite cool and seems to run quite well one something that was not officially support it!

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
you say that you have just got it and you're talking about ics! I think you should go easy on it otherwise you will brike it very soon.
be aware my friend, upgrading your rom is not a joke... :rolleyes:

This lol

I remembered when I first got my tab (in short, I traded a laptop, Xbox 360, and games used for a brand new SGT). First thing I did was rooted it via some app. Then I proceeded to install busybox for some reason, then thought "meh I feel like going back to stock" so I just uninstalled busybox (ignoring whatever message it said about not uninstalling it).

Tab didn't reboot, then I panicked and tried flashing something with Odin (not sure what it was, but I ended up trying to fill all the boxes in Odin with some files and then flashing). It failed :p

Eventually, I then just gave up trying to keep stock and went with Overcome :)

So I'm pretty lucky to still have my tab lol...

Nowadays, I find it easy to try out different ROM's (I always just restock according to Overcome's GB guide, then proceed to flash a custom ROM and Kernel)

I'd recommend spending some time on Froyo stock for a bit, then eventually trying to update to either stock Gingerbread, or another stable Gingerbread ROM (such as Overcome or Hyperdroid). Then do a bit of research and then try to go to ICS.

Just be careful on what your flashing, always double-check things, and check out people's feedback :)

Edit:
Ive done it to 3 phones many times. Just being frendly snd saying hi.
Guess my story about being careful wasn't needed :p

Last edited:

Stilm

Dec 25, 2011
Lisbon
Welcome to this device ;-) hope you enjoy it as much as I do, it really is useful for when my wife decides the spend hours on our desktop browsing facebook...lol
Ics is awesome and imo runs perfectly on sgt7 appart from no camera.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 7'' GT-P1000 running CM9 (ICS)

joeyxl

Apr 29, 2008
Newmarket
perfect. which kernel is needed for the rogers tab, i see humberos has listed 3 diffrent .ko for the tab. i was presuming the P1000N for north america?

Stilm

Dec 25, 2011
Lisbon
perfect. which kernel is needed for the rogers tab, i see humberos has listed 3 diffrent .ko for the tab. i was presuming the P1000N for north america?

I believe the roger's tab uses the GT-P1000 kernel but I'm not sure...do a quick search or ask the guys here.

Oh and btw, HumberOS build is quite outdated compared to the releases from Slim's build which can be found here. This ROM .zip already comes with kernel so it should work just fine on your tab I guess? And don't forget to flash gapps after ROM, but I guess that's pretty obvious judging from the other devices you messed with lol

Last edited:

joeyxl

Apr 29, 2008
Newmarket
I believe the roger's tab uses the GT-P1000 kernel but I'm not sure...do a quick search or ask the guys here.

Oh and btw, HumberOS build is quite outdated compared to the releases from Slim's build which can be found here. This ROM .zip already comes with kernel so it should work just fine on your tab I guess? And don't forget to flash gapps after ROM, but I guess that's pretty obvious judging from the other devices you messed with lol
Yeah, well didn't know i needed to goto gb then cm9.

Bricked my tabby ;(

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Stilm

Dec 25, 2011
Lisbon
Yeah, well didn't know i needed to goto gb then cm9.

Bricked my tabby ;(

I also bricked my Tab a few times when I started flashing ROMs on it :p not too bad tho since it's pretty much impossible to hardbrick the tab afaik, I never did and I flashed some pretty dumb stuff on it lol just keep a GB Stock ROM in your pc to flash with Odin/Heimdall and reflash it whenever you softbrick your tab that's what I used to do :p that or Overcome ROM.

joeyxl

Apr 29, 2008
Newmarket
I also bricked my Tab a few times when I started flashing ROMs on it :p not too bad tho since it's pretty much impossible to hardbrick the tab afaik, I never did and I flashed some pretty dumb stuff on it lol just keep a GB Stock ROM in your pc to flash with Odin/Heimdall and reflash it whenever you softbrick your tab that's what I used to do :p that or Overcome ROM.

I have blackscreen with hard button lights. this is after flashing stock gb from Samfirmware.com. Im trying OC stock gb now.

EDIT. Nvm were back thanks to overcome

Last edited:

cheatman

May 21, 2007
Migration Institute
I have blackscreen with hard button lights. this is after flashing stock gb from Samfirmware.com. Im trying OC stock gb now.

Welcome!

Just a quick note on flashing the tab. As you already noticed, you should get on Gingerbread bootloaders first. The rest is up to you, all current ROMs for our Tab can be flashed on top of them. Seeing you got over the softbrick with Overcome, you should be home free already.

PS: also make sure your tab is charged at more than 10% before you start flashing or you might not be able to get into recovery or download mode. It may look like a softbrick, but you just need to let it charge...

Peace and happy flashing!

Reactions: eatertif and joeyxl

joeyxl

Apr 29, 2008
Newmarket
Welcome!

Just a quick note on flashing the tab. As you already noticed, you should get on Gingerbread bootloaders first. The rest is up to you, all current ROMs for our Tab can be flashed on top of them. Seeing you got over the softbrick with Overcome, you should be home free already.

PS: also make sure your tab is charged at more than 10% before you start flashing or you might not be able to get into recovery or download mode. It may look like a softbrick, but you just need to let it charge...

hey, running slims20th ics build. Running smooth as butter!

Thanks for the help

manggagalugad

Jul 11, 2011
mattlebrun.com
With the newer tabs out in the market, I'm glad to see someone still taking
interest to this.

On a technical/developer's perspective, the original galaxy tab isn't outdated
just yet! :)

Jan 9, 2012
Providence
Noon..

Hello everyone I'm kind of a noon and need help.. Okay so I have a mytouch 4g I flash new rod daily I have clockwork recovery and I feel comfortable doing it. I today I got my galaxy tab its rooted already through z4root, any ways as far as I can tell the process is similar, but but I don't jump without looking. So I eed help, and I want honeycomb or ics if possible, but what steps or guides should I take a need someone to teach me this stuff my main confusion comes with modems and determining which device I hhhhhavemy device is galaxy tab from tmobile anyways all help appreciated in advance btw using tab now.. It's slow on Web like bad slow everything lags had reloading pages or trying to zoom is this normal??

XenoStrat

Feb 29, 2012
Thank you for the link; let's try that slim_build! :)

(tried the [ROM][ICS] AOKP (Android Open Kang Project) for P1000 - Build #25, but didn't work; infinite restart, altough I went from CWM to download mode, and restarted manually)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Welcome!

Hey guys..where can I find slims ics build?? Thanks

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda premium

Here is the latest build from Slim (it's nightlies remember!)

You can also browse here for previous builds:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1495007