Search This thread

deadnot

May 23, 2008
Actually i need them. If you don't mind, please post the new download links
for Jackos S3 WWE JackFULL.
Thank you.

schumifer1

Apr 16, 2007
Anybody know how to add cities (smaller that capitals obviously) as locations, when the manual adding return "not found"???????????
If i am at a suburb, then when it checks for the weather it correctly identifies the town, but it doesn't allow me to manually add it as a location.
How can it find a location automatically when i am in town and not when i manually search for it?

Last edited:

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Anybody know how to add cities (saller that capitals obviously) as locations, when the manual adding return "not found"???????????
If i am at a suburb, then when it checks for the weather it correctly identifies the town, but it doesn't allow me to manually add it as a location.
How can it find a location automatically when i am in town and not when i manually search for it?

JVH3 made an app for that. JVH3 Weather City Editor

Feb 6, 2010
Battery issue

Hi, dunno if you remember me, I had some issues with the battery (the indicator doesn't show the current state of battery level, giving me random numbers - after restart it shows 0%, sometimes the phone turns of because of "empty battery", but when I turn it on again it has for example 47%...) - original message at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=632617&page=388#3880

You told me to try to put my battery in the freezer. It helped a little, but after about 2 days everything went back to malfunctioning. So I decided to buy a new battery, in the shop I tried the battery and it displayed like 73%, so I was happy that it works and bought it. At home, when I changed the battery to the new one, the problems started again, showing 0%, or 100% for several days and then dying because of low battery.

Am pretty desperate now. Is there something I can do / install to improve the battery level reading, or is this problem HW related?

Jackos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
Hi, dunno if you remember me, I had some issues with the battery (the indicator doesn't show the current state of battery level, giving me random numbers - after restart it shows 0%, sometimes the phone turns of because of "empty battery", but when I turn it on again it has for example 47%...) - original message at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=632617&page=388#3880

You told me to try to put my battery in the freezer. It helped a little, but after about 2 days everything went back to malfunctioning. So I decided to buy a new battery, in the shop I tried the battery and it displayed like 73%, so I was happy that it works and bought it. At home, when I changed the battery to the new one, the problems started again, showing 0%, or 100% for several days and then dying because of low battery.

Am pretty desperate now. Is there something I can do / install to improve the battery level reading, or is this problem HW related?
In this cause I'm pretty sure it's a mainboard problem.

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement

Flash a different ROM, use it for a week, and see if the problem continues. That will tell you if it is hardware or software related.

Feb 6, 2010
Well thanks for the quick reply :)

I feared it would be HW problem :/

Will try some different ROM and then let you know, but I suppose it will be the same :/ Shoot, I hate the new HTCs without HW keyboards, and this model is not sold in my country anymore, so it will be difficult to exchange it...

Anyway, thanks for this ROM, thanks for the support you give and keep the great work! ;)

Jackos

Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
The ROM has totally stock battery drivers from 2.08 East Europe RUU. On the other hand I strongly agree with cajun that you should change the ROM to ensure it's not a SW problem.

schumifer1

Apr 16, 2007

Have you tried the app? I was able to add a couple of new places but i never could retrieve any weather data. That was actually better than the situation that followed. Now whenever i go to the weather tab , sense restarts.
And if i try to run the app it hangs (could no create country table, or something). I'll try the 2 older versions and after that it is time for hard resetting !:confused:

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Have you tried the app? I was able to add a couple of new places but i never could retrieve any weather data. That was actually better than the situation that followed. Now whenever i go to the weather tab , sense restarts.
And if i try to run the app it hangs (could no create country table, or something). I'll try the 2 older versions and after that it is time for hard resetting !:confused:

I've never had a need to use it. If you are having problems, report it in that thread. JVH3 should be able to get a fix to you quickly.

jmsgtri

Mar 13, 2008
ROM 2.07.412.1 vs Jackos S3 WWE JackFULL

HI,

Could you tell me how ROM version is newest and better?

ROM 2.07.412.1 or Jackos S3 WWE JackFULL

Thank you.

Jackos

Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
Jackos S3 1.7.0 is newer and far more optimized then the latest 2.07 stock ROM. It also includes all known fixes (both official and those developed by the community).

If you want some think that looks close to the original software and still want to have the newest patches included I suggest that you try Jackos S3 1.7.0 WWE ShowLITE.

mnvoh

Jul 12, 2010
Howdy Jackos.

Why is it that I get this really annoying continues vibration when I receive text msgs? Normally it should vibrate three times briefly, but for me sometimes it just won't let it go. If you can gimme a solution for this, then this is the best ROM I've ever used.

PS. In order to stop it I have to tap the screen, or maybe press a button!

PPS. I searched the thread before posting :D But nothing similar came up.

Thanks mate.

Last edited:

Skrobel

Jan 14, 2010
Piaseczno
Well, I agree...
For some strange reason the vibration for a text message is always as long as the sound set for this event.
Only when you set the profile to "Vibrate" the vibration pattern is independend on the sound file.

The only solution I could find is to use the Vibro app. It allows for setting the vibration patterns for different system events. I have used it for some time, but it was long time ago and I don't remember if I had any problems with it. You have to test it for yourself.

Reactions: Jackos

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please read the fifth post before flashing my ROM.

Download:
    Jackos ROM repository

GSM ONLY, DO NOT FLASH ON CDMA

All those roms have exact the same base, just some components are changed to fit anyone.

Goals for my ROMs: (ordered by importance, descending)
    1. Reliability
    2. Battery life
    3. No memory-leak (or at least trying to minimize this issue)
    4. Memory friendly, multitasking ability
    5. Stock speed

ROM versions explained:

JackFULL
    - CHT2.0.0

JackFULL legacy
    - CHT1.8.5

SkrobPRO
    - CHT1.7.1

ManilaRUSH
    - Sense 2.5 only (4 column quick links [CHT1.6.1])

ShowLITE
    - Sense 2.5 only

SmartMOVE (bonus release)
    - Sense 2.1 only (some mods to make it feel like Sense 2.5)

SleekBASIC (bonus release 2)
    - TF3D 2.1 only
    Hi Jackos. First of all thanks for nice clean ROM, seems to me works pretty well for my needs. Just one little strange problem. I can not find SIM Manager anywhere. Am using Vodafone in Ireland. Have you any idea why?

The SIM mangager is present in the system (as \Windows\SIM_MGR.exe), only a link is not placed in the Start Menu. A quick fix is:
    Copy a file \Windows\SIM_MGR.lnk into \Windows\Start Menu\Programs (or subfolder of Programs) and you will have it in Start Menu.

Or you can go to Windows Contacts (Start Menu -> Outlook -> Contacts) then Menu -> Sim Manager

hey guys dont forget to thank jackos,seem and other great people
    use the new thx button dont be afraid just remember that you have 5 thx per day (didnt read about that till i wasted mine lol) ;)

Seems like the "thanks" feature works only in new xda layout. I was about to write that it disapeared but I still work in the old style (I got used to it...).
    I finished compiling, compressing and uploading all my 1.6.0 roms.

No big changes for this releases, but a lot of work has been done to improve my kitchen. Also a new visual change is to be noticed together with a StartMenu grid changer developed by ultrashot and featuring my layouts. There aren't many of them, but I may release a cab file to insert more possibilities.

For EVO roms the WM6.5.x build has changed to 21690. This is just a cosmetic change - I'm a huge fan of ultrashots work and if he picked this build there must be a reason for that :D Nevermind, I didn't find any downsides of this build so lets keep it for a while ;)

Standard cleanup as always.

Have fun and enjoy my latest releases, feedback is always welcome (especially if there are any complaints :D)!
    Hello Jackos,
    do you think you can keep the promised timeline for releasing S3 this weekend?
    I'm very eager to try your new ROM!
    I don't want to strain you, I'm just a big fan and every time I try another cooker's work I always repent and come back running to this thread...

I don't know yet. Got 5 out of 6 roms finished.
    In regards to the question about Android not running. It is probably due to the overclocking. If you disable the OCT first, then Android should work. (I had the same problem)

Sent from my MSM using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

Good to know, makes sense because Android does overclock the device too.

Thanks and have a nice day :)