[Q] HELP! Way in over my head... trying to flash recovery.

Search This thread

EmporerD

May 7, 2009
So I recently purchased the T-Mobile version of the HTC-Sensation... since then I've been trying to flash a custom JellyBean ROM onto my device. I've rooted and flashed custom roms on previous phones but the process for this one has been extremely confusing. I've been mainly following this tutorial: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1864053 I have the bootloader unlocked and I think I have S-Off, now I'm trying to flash a recovery image with the KSG utility but gives me a bunch of error messages that say FILE NOT FOUND - FASTBOOT.LOG and ACCESS DENIED and FILE NOT FOUND - ABD.LOG. I'm sorry if this is in the forum somewhere, but I've been working on this for hours and I can't figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Additional Details: I'm running Android 2.3.4
When I boot into the bootloader it says

*** UNLOCKED ***
Pyramid PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.18.0000
RADIO-11.23.3504.07_M2
eMMC-boot
Aug 2 2011,22:35:52

Last edited:

Mile_zdr

Sep 19, 2013
Bitola
I recently purchased the T-Mobile version of the HTC Sensation 4G and I've been following this tutorial: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1864053 to get it rooted with the intention of installing a custom Jellybean rom on my phone. I unlocked the bootloader but got stuck trying to S-off. Everything was going fine until the part where I run the temp_root.bat because I cannot get HTC sync to recognize my phone no matter what I try. I was wondering if anyone had the original version that came on the SD card or if there is a way to gain S-off without using HTC sync? Or can I get Jellybean without gaining S-off? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm pretty new this and feeling way in over my head here.

*** UNLOCKED ***
HBOOT-1.18.0000
RADIO-11.23.3504.07_M2
eMMC-boot

You are already s-off ,if you want to flash custom Rom flash 3.33 universal firmware (be careful when flashing check the md5 sum) after that flash 4ext recovery and flash new rom

Edit here is link for 3.33 firmware. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1459767.

sent from HTC Sensation 4G

Last edited:
Reactions: EmporerD
@EmporerD
first you don't need a htc sync..
second your phone is already success s-off..you can see that in your bootloader state..

now i think maybe you already forgot the step to remove temp root from your phone after success s-off process..you can do that by running temp_root_remove.bat from the guide that you follow above..

after you had remove temp root from your phone..then you can continued to flashing a 3.33 firmware.. to do that..
just download firmware file from here....then copied that PG58IMG.zip file to the root directory of your sd card (the root directory mean is don't place it that file in any folder..just place it in your sdcard) you can copied that file with card reader..after that just put in back your sd card to the phone...then boot into bootoader..and wait until bootloader check it that file then ask you to updating it...just confirm it yes with vol up button..then wait until finish and ask you to confirm reboot with press power button..

after that you can continued installing custom recovery..
just download custom recovery.img file from here and extracted that zip file then copied that recovery.img file to your adb/sdk folder (the same place as your adb.exe and fastboot.exe folder)..then you flashing it through FASTBOOT with fastboot command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"..done..now your phone already had a custom recovery..that are can installing any custom rom...

hope this help..

Last edited:
Reactions: EmporerD

EmporerD

May 7, 2009
THANKYOU guys. This helps a lot. I'm going to call it a night for a now, but I will try your advice tomorrow and post updates.

EmporerD

May 7, 2009
@JJeamy

So I tried to remove the temproot by running the temproot-remove batch file, it didn't do anything so I downloaded the PG58IMG.zip and updated it in the bootoader, now phone is stuck in a bootloop...?

Update: I tried to continue with flashing the custom recovery, but the dialog just gets stuck on "waiting for device" ...
Update 2: Installing the older drivers for fixed the problem of flashing the recovery so my recovery works but it's still stuck in bootloop. Unfortunately I will probablyrun out of time before I can get a custom ROM flashed, but thanks everyone for your help I will update my progress later.

Bootloader now reads:
-Firmware-3.33-
HBOOT-1.27.1100
RADIO-11.24A.3504.31_M
OpenADSP-v05.6.0.2226.00.0418
eMMC-boot
Jan 13 2012,17:33:34

Last edited:
@JJeamy

So I tried to remove the temproot by running the temproot-remove batch file, it didn't do anything so I downloaded the PG58IMG.zip and updated it in the bootoader, now phone is stuck in a bootloop...?

So you mean that you already had 3.33 firmware right...?
so you can continued installing custom recovery like what i told you above...then after that you can continued installing custom rom that you want...

Sent from my HTCSensation using Tapatalk

Mile_zdr

Sep 19, 2013
Bitola
@JJeamy

Update: I tried to continue with flashing the custom recovery, but the dialog just gets stuck on "waiting for device" ...

Bootloader now reads:
-Firmware-3.33-
HBOOT-1.27.1100
RADIO-11.24A.3504.31_M
OpenADSP-v05.6.0.2226.00.0418
eMMC-boot
Jan 13 2012,17:33:34

You are on the right path my friend you flashed 3.33 firmware so you hboot version is 1.27 that's way you experiance bootloop , because you have gb rom with ics hboot, so next step is to flash custom recovery!
To do that you need to have SDK files downloaded (Fastboot , adb files) and when you have that in the folder you got the files you copy your recovery img and that you open command window from there and you get your phone to fastboot (bootloader that fasboot) , that you write the command in the command window fasboot flash recovery recovery.img and you are done!

EDIT: here is guide how to find fastboot and Adb files you need http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1152148
and for flasing custom recovery follow this guide step 2 flashing recovery http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1631861
after that flash rom
and when you flash your first rom do format everything except sd card before flashing, (and make sure the first rom you flash is not kitkat because you may experiance difficulties when flashing)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recently purchased the T-Mobile version of the HTC Sensation 4G and I've been following this tutorial: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1864053 to get it rooted with the intention of installing a custom Jellybean rom on my phone. I unlocked the bootloader but got stuck trying to S-off. Everything was going fine until the part where I run the temp_root.bat because I cannot get HTC sync to recognize my phone no matter what I try. I was wondering if anyone had the original version that came on the SD card or if there is a way to gain S-off without using HTC sync? Or can I get Jellybean without gaining S-off? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm pretty new this and feeling way in over my head here.

*** UNLOCKED ***
    HBOOT-1.18.0000
    RADIO-11.23.3504.07_M2
    eMMC-boot

You are already s-off ,if you want to flash custom Rom flash 3.33 universal firmware (be careful when flashing check the md5 sum) after that flash 4ext recovery and flash new rom

Edit here is link for 3.33 firmware. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1459767.

sent from HTC Sensation 4G
    @EmporerD
    first you don't need a htc sync..
    second your phone is already success s-off..you can see that in your bootloader state..

now i think maybe you already forgot the step to remove temp root from your phone after success s-off process..you can do that by running temp_root_remove.bat from the guide that you follow above..

after you had remove temp root from your phone..then you can continued to flashing a 3.33 firmware.. to do that..
    just download firmware file from here....then copied that PG58IMG.zip file to the root directory of your sd card (the root directory mean is don't place it that file in any folder..just place it in your sdcard) you can copied that file with card reader..after that just put in back your sd card to the phone...then boot into bootoader..and wait until bootloader check it that file then ask you to updating it...just confirm it yes with vol up button..then wait until finish and ask you to confirm reboot with press power button..

after that you can continued installing custom recovery..
    just download custom recovery.img file from here and extracted that zip file then copied that recovery.img file to your adb/sdk folder (the same place as your adb.exe and fastboot.exe folder)..then you flashing it through FASTBOOT with fastboot command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"..done..now your phone already had a custom recovery..that are can installing any custom rom...

hope this help..