[Q] HDXPosed Mod - Safestrap?

Search This thread

giodibe

Feb 13, 2014
Let me also ask: how do I make sure all my mods are gone, including root access?
Of course I looked in this forum but I couldn't find a comprehensive guide.
I want to return my 16GB and get a 32GB at least, maybe 64.

kschang

Dec 11, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Let me also ask: how do I make sure all my mods are gone, including root access?
Of course I looked in this forum but I couldn't find a comprehensive guide.
I want to return my 16GB and get a 32GB at least, maybe 64.

If you flash the stock image into the primary slot, then delete / uninstall Hashcode's Safestrap, then it should undo everything.

I think you can also do the "hold power button for 50 seconds" (or was it 20?) to do a reset.

cf9182

Oct 29, 2010
I installed safestrap and immediately took a backup of the stock rom. I moved that backup folder to my PC.

If something crazy happens and I no longer have a bootable OS on any partition (but I can still get to safestrap recovery), can I restore that backup saved on my PC?

giodibe

Feb 13, 2014
If you flash the stock image into the primary slot, then delete / uninstall Hashcode's Safestrap, then it should undo everything.

I think you can also do the "hold power button for 50 seconds" (or was it 20?) to do a reset.

Thanks man I'll try the hard reset. I did do the first part but I still had root access afterwards (I could access root in ES File Explorer).

giodibe

Feb 13, 2014
Thanks man I'll try the hard reset. I did do the first part but I still had root access afterwards (I could access root in ES File Explorer).

Unfortunately this didn't do anything other than rebooting.
I'm a bit stuck. I don't see Safestrap among my Apps installed, but it's there. Every time I reboot it takes me to the Safestrap screen where I can access recovery mode.
If Amazon sees that screen they'll never take it back. How do I actually get rid of it?
I only have the stock rom now.

ptrsnshane

Dec 13, 2013
Unfortunately this didn't do anything other than rebooting.
I'm a bit stuck. I don't see Safestrap among my Apps installed, but it's there. Every time I reboot it takes me to the Safestrap screen where I can access recovery mode.
If Amazon sees that screen they'll never take it back. How do I actually get rid of it?
I only have the stock rom now.

Go into settings/applications/manage applications scroll down to safestrap and uninstall. I believe if you have su there is an unroot option within it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

cnims

Aug 7, 2012
Reinstall Safestrap then open it and click on Uninstall Recovery within the app. Reboot to make sure the Safestrap screen is gone, then you can uninstall the app.

Last edited:

giodibe

Feb 13, 2014
Go into settings/applications/manage applications scroll down to safestrap and uninstall. I believe if you have su there is an unroot option within it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Makes perfect sense, but unfortunately Safestrap wasn't in the Manage Applications list.

Reinstall Safestrap then open it and click on Uninstall Recovery within the app. Reboot to make sure the Safestrap screen is gone, then you can uninstall the app.

Yes, this did it! I still had root access so I reinstalled SuperSu and did an "Unroot". Now root access is gone. I think I can just restore to default and I'm ready to return it. Thanks everyone!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As far as I know, yes.

No. You can do it using SafeStrap in a rom slot. Or, you can just install the Xposed stuff & then use a utility like KindleFree to install the play store, or use adb & do it yourself by hand, or you can modify the partition table & utilize the secondary framework location (don't even think about this option)...

The bottom line however, SafeStrap DOES NOT limit device storage. It creates a loopback partition with a shared storage pool. The only thing that is limited is the rom slot /system, /data & /cache looped partitions. These are limited in the stock, 100% factory setup too, but the user storage space is SHARED. So, when you have a big app, like Asphalt, or Madded 25, the biggest thing is the obb files, which are stored in /sdcard/android/data & is a part of the shared storage. While the storage settings may say xxGb available, it does not correctly reflect how much storage you truly have. You can indeed access 100% of your 64Gb, or 32Gb, or whatever amount of storage your HDX came with. the only thing you lose storage-wise, is the 4Gb you use for the rom slot,

PEOPLE! You still have access to ALL of your user storage, i.e. /sdcard with SafeStrap.
    Hey Everyone, I have a burning question:

FYI: I have a rooted kindle fire HDX 7"

Can I use the HDXPosed Mod (in the android Development forums) on my Stock ROM? because Safestrap only lets me use 4GB, so I was basically just wondering if the HDXPosed Mod was for the STOCK Rom. Thanks in Advance

That's a misunderstanding.

While Safestrap does limit you to a 4GB partition, the way HDX counts storage is the data (books, music, video, pictures...) resides in a completely SEPARATE storage that's NOT a part of the 4GB limit.

So apps that count storage will show you that you have stuff way past 4GB.. and you do have stuff stored there.

So the 4GB limit doesn't actually mean very much to apps that are written properly.

Now to answer your question... Yes, you can use it on stock OR any ROM slot. I did.
    So is there any way I can get Google Play working Now? ( On my Stock ROM)

Please read this:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2577826
    This will get it working on my Stock ROM? I thought I couldn't Flash ZIPs to my Stock ROM?

Yes, I used this to get it working on my stock ROM. While not recommended, it is possible to flash in SafeStrap to the stock ROM slot. Just make sure you have a nandroid backup first, in case things go wrong. And follow the instructions to a T, otherwise they will not work.