[Q] Micro USB To HDMI Cable?

Search This thread

TechnicGeek

Jun 6, 2011
Is there such thing as micro USB to HDMI cable? I am talking about cable that would connect to micro USB port on HTC Desire S and to HDTV so i can see what i see on smartphone's screen on HDTV.

I know about USB to HDMI adapter but it costs ~$70. However i thought maybe there is a cable that would allow me to do same thing?

Thanks.

skymoon_891_

Aug 10, 2011
It's not possible whit desire s. EVO 3d sensaton and flyer have a mhl port. But desire s doesn't have. I wondered it too and this is the fact

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App

stonedandhappy

Sep 1, 2006
The desire s doesn't have a tv out feature so as far as I'm aware even if there was such a cable then it still wouldn't be possible,

You can however stream media from your desire s using DNLA to comaptible devices such as PS3, xbox360, certain tvs etc.

TechnicGeek

Jun 6, 2011
The desire s doesn't have a tv out feature so as far as I'm aware even if there was such a cable then it still wouldn't be possible,

You can however stream media from your desire s using DNLA to comaptible devices such as PS3, xbox360, certain tvs etc.

So if smartphone does not have HDMI out then that means it does not have TV OUT?

skymoon_891_

Aug 10, 2011
MHL means micro usb to hdmi. It works with "extmicrousb" port. Desire S has just "microusb" port. DLNA is a good idea

Alfi91

Nov 24, 2011
XDA
Dlna adaptors are the only way to do it with a stock rom. But I am unsure of whether an application exists that will let us connect the phone using a cable.