[TUTORIAL] Screen freezing after unlock problem solution

Search This thread

mstfkaratas

Oct 13, 2011
Istanbul
Xiaomi Mi 5
Samsung Galaxy A70
I have a screen freezing after unlock or call problem for months, tried differnt things like changing ROMs, lockscreen apps but none of them worked, my screen was still unresponsive for a while after unlocking screen, then i saw senaia's post about TP Calibration and tried, the problem is gone :) so i wrote this tutorial to help the others.
I take no responsibility for any DAMAGES or BRICKED phone, do it at your own risk
WARNING: This will ERASE all of your data, applications, sd card, messages, contacts etc. so make backups of them.

Here is step by step guide
DONT FORGET TO BACKUP
1. Make a goldcard using tutorial in this thread
2. Unrar attached file to the root of Goldcard
3. Power off phone, boot to bootloader with volume down and power button pressed
4. Wait for while it will search for files
5. Then a screen will show up like
Power => Reflash
Vol-Dn => DIAG
6. Press Volume Down for Diag
7. You will see a screen asking you to put phone on a flat surface, do what it says
8. Once that is done you will see a menu about Clear S58 Data, Ignore it, pull the battery and reboot
9. Repair is done, problem should be solved now :D

This is my first tutorial for XDA, so any suggestions are welcome
Thanks to senaia, he showed how to do :)

Attachments

• HTC-ANDROID-GOLD_CARD.rar
    277.3 KB · Views: 16,723

ivaxona

Oct 9, 2008
IT works, finally!

I can confirm that the tutorial made by mstfkaratas is working.
Thank you, I cannot describe how much i appreciate it, my beer money is on it's way!

Reactions: mstfkaratas

ivaxona

Oct 9, 2008
nevermind

It seems like i got a bit too emotional on this, and my previous post was a little rushed.
The screen freezing gradually comes back in 24 hours. The waiting times become longer and longer. After i did the above steps the lag was gone, but unfortunately it comes back. Especially after i set up to sync with my google account. I also tries to make a new accont, but without success.:mad:

Ko_Ka

Oct 30, 2011
Dublin
I had this issue but admittedly it had just about disappeared when I upgraded to 2.3.5, but still had the odd freeze when receiving a call but not as bad, I did this tutorial and have not had 1 freeze since, may I suggest your problem is hardware (digitizer) Ivaxona?

mstfkaratas

Oct 13, 2011
Istanbul
Xiaomi Mi 5
Samsung Galaxy A70
hi ivaxona your problem can be hardware related or an app you installed, i can suggest you install apps one by one and check the problem
i cant help you more than this because i am not an expert :( this solution helped more than 5 phones AFAIK

Sent from HTC WFS

Reactions: xda.uncle

ivaxona

Oct 9, 2008
Hi, thanks for the response, i also thought that it may be a touchscreen problem, but it got me thinking, that how could be this possible, when after a short time it start to work absolutely perfect.
I also tried to create a new google account just for testing so the possibility of a 3rd party application causing the problem is eliminated.
I have to mention though that after i place the first call the performance response time degrades significantly. That's why i think that it could be a radio problem as well.

I have to admit that i just recently purchased this digitizer on ebay, and it looked like a second hand unit so i might jut got screwed up.

As a last try before i try to change the digitizer once again, i'll try to upgrade to 2.3.5 as it was suggested.
I'm still on a stock ROM, i suppose there is no 2.3.5 official ROM so i'll have too ROOT the phone, right?

once again thanks for your help!

D

drakfisken

Thank you very much, got my brothers device to work now :D

nestorkg

Oct 9, 2011
After many months of searching for solution, it is finally fixed.
It's a relief it's not a hardware issue. I am using custom 2.3.5 and it worked.
Thanks.

nathatheboss

Feb 18, 2012
thanks brother, you saved my cel phone, I wonder which phones this works ???? I tried it with my wildfire s and is worked :)

bigbadfisherman

Feb 11, 2011
Thanks for your how-to...

Sadly it didn't help for me, although I've successfully performed the DIAG boot on my S-OFF WFS. I'm running the latest version of alquez's Cyanogenmod 7.2.0-RC1-marvel-KANG (03-24).

I'm also not sure if I have the problem that is described in this thread.
Whenever I power on the phone and try the unlock-slide the first time, the slider jumps back after some pixels. Everytime, it's really nasty.
Maybe this is something else and I should start a new thead for it?

reydepicas

Feb 15, 2011
Thanks!! This really works!!! I had replaced the screen, but it only worked the left side. After applying your method, this little wilfire s works!!! My girlfriend will be very happy!!! :p

TIRITI_2

Feb 21, 2011
Thanks for the tut.
Sorry, i still have this proble in my phone, one question.
To do this tutorial, we must be S-OFF?
Thx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a screen freezing after unlock or call problem for months, tried differnt things like changing ROMs, lockscreen apps but none of them worked, my screen was still unresponsive for a while after unlocking screen, then i saw senaia's post about TP Calibration and tried, the problem is gone :) so i wrote this tutorial to help the others.
    I take no responsibility for any DAMAGES or BRICKED phone, do it at your own risk
    WARNING: This will ERASE all of your data, applications, sd card, messages, contacts etc. so make backups of them.

Here is step by step guide
    DONT FORGET TO BACKUP
    1. Make a goldcard using tutorial in this thread
    2. Unrar attached file to the root of Goldcard
    3. Power off phone, boot to bootloader with volume down and power button pressed
    4. Wait for while it will search for files
    5. Then a screen will show up like
    Power => Reflash
    Vol-Dn => DIAG
    6. Press Volume Down for Diag
    7. You will see a screen asking you to put phone on a flat surface, do what it says
    8. Once that is done you will see a menu about Clear S58 Data, Ignore it, pull the battery and reboot
    9. Repair is done, problem should be solved now :D

This is my first tutorial for XDA, so any suggestions are welcome
    Thanks to senaia, he showed how to do :)
    thanks for beer :)
    IT works, finally!

I can confirm that the tutorial made by mstfkaratas is working.
    Thank you, I cannot describe how much i appreciate it, my beer money is on it's way!
    hi ivaxona your problem can be hardware related or an app you installed, i can suggest you install apps one by one and check the problem
    i cant help you more than this because i am not an expert :( this solution helped more than 5 phones AFAIK

Sent from HTC WFS
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0a...5.3035H_7.53.39.03M_release_225747_signed.exe

this is 2.3.5 EU RUU from shipped roms thread, you can try this, if this doesnt work, there should be tutorials for how to install in this forum. i hope this helps

edit: here is a thread about upgrading 2.3.5 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1363693