[Q]Wanting to Buy a Note. I need a lot of help.

Search This thread

AgentCherryColla

Jan 15, 2012
Carpentersville
I've finally gave up on HTC, and saw the 5.3" light that is the Note. I love all the work that is going into this device. Now I want to buy one, but I don't know where? I see many buy from Amazon, but I don't wanna get scammed. I've been fugded over more than once by bad "deals". I don't want the AT&T version because this version is much better. So can you help me find a safe place to buy a note.

Now here's another question. Most (if not all) of the N7000Ns are unlocked. But are those factory unlocked? If I flash a new ROM, or kernel will I loose my unlock? I'm wanting to use this with Straight Talk (Awesome Unlimited Carrier). The bands are AT&T, but I'll have T-Mobile for a good 3 months. So I don't wanna have my cake, and not be able to eat it :0 I see most people here are kind, so hopefully I get some much needed help :D

I Wish it was a Galaxy Note >:T

Akiainavas

Mar 26, 2012
Basingstoke
Cant really help you with where to get the Note - try some local stores maybe ?

As for the unlocks - if you get the unlocked version, you can flash a new rom or kernel and your phone will remain unlocked.

Reactions: AgentCherryColla

TempusFudgeIt

Feb 18, 2012
Brisbane
I bought mine from Handtec in UK (I am in Australia) Thoroughly recommend them and touch wood have had no issues with my wonderful Note.

There are a number of reputable ebay stores - you could also try there.

As far as I know all Notes are factory unlocked unless the carrier has nobbled them! ;)

psun786

Apr 9, 2008
I would say purchase from a seller that offers store warranty or the cheapest source and get third party warranty. :p

However, I bought mine without warranty from Newegg.com. But again, I am not planning to flash it with custom rom so unlikely it will break within a year. At least two of Galaxy Note I bought from them don't have any white banding or black clipping problem. Probably going switch to iphone 5 in October :p

aalupatti

Feb 20, 2011
Amazon is very reliable. Never had issues with it.
However most of the places that you buy from US wont give u manufacturer warranty for international note.
If u want warranty confirm with the warranty company before purchasing.

I got mine from handtech more than 6 months ago. At that time none offered warrranty to the phone and hence i could not get one.
So far no issues.

you will be able to use with strait talk.
With N7000 u wont get 3g with tmobile.
With att note u can get it but looks very murky now and u will have issues.

Beethoven9th

Dec 22, 2011
You should be fine buying from either eBay or Amazon, as long as you choose a Top-Rated seller (eBay), or a seller with a large # of transactions with 95%+ positive feedback (Amazon).

For the record, I bought mine from a Top-Rated seller on eBay and have had no problems whatsoever.

freedomispopular

Apr 25, 2011
According to a rep on expansys-usa.com, they'll handle warranty claims for you if you need it. I'm planning to buy from them as soon as my tax refund comes in.

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk 2

AgentCherryColla

Jan 15, 2012
Carpentersville
Thanks for all the Tips :D That unlock was the most vital thing for me. You'll be seeing me around here by Mid May. Once agin thanks to all of guys and gals :D

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cant really help you with where to get the Note - try some local stores maybe ?

As for the unlocks - if you get the unlocked version, you can flash a new rom or kernel and your phone will remain unlocked.
    I bought mine from expansys.US and I bought 1 year insurance for $60.00 from ensquared.com
    I bought mine from Handtec in UK (I am in Australia) Thoroughly recommend them and touch wood have had no issues with my wonderful Note.

There are a number of reputable ebay stores - you could also try there.

As far as I know all Notes are factory unlocked unless the carrier has nobbled them! ;)
    Got mine on eBay with no issues.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
    I would say purchase from a seller that offers store warranty or the cheapest source and get third party warranty. :p

However, I bought mine without warranty from Newegg.com. But again, I am not planning to flash it with custom rom so unlikely it will break within a year. At least two of Galaxy Note I bought from them don't have any white banding or black clipping problem. Probably going switch to iphone 5 in October :p