sleep reboots into twrp

Search This thread

Manbearpiglets

Jun 21, 2014
I have a v1 Kindle Fire, and I've been using TWRP for a very long time, haven't touched any of that stuff for ages, pretty much forgot about it because it's been so long since I needed to do anything with root access etc.

Randomly, within the past few days, the Kindle Fire has started rebooing into TWRP every single time I tap the button to put it to sleep. It's a bit annoying. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Mozky

Jun 21, 2014
That new Update

Had the same problem here, it was driving me nuts because as you I didn't touch any settings of the root, been pretty fine for months.
But it seems that Amazon published a update (6.3.3) for the Kindle Fire 1st gen, messing with our rooted kindles and putting them on the reboot loop.

As far as I know, there is no way to root it with the new update, hope someone finds the way to do so. :fingers-crossed:

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
I'm not quite sure I get this. He said it already installed the 6.3.3 update didn't he? And I still have root access.

no the kindle is rebooting trying to update, but it fails.
how did you verify root? try root checker in play store

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck

Manbearpiglets

Jun 21, 2014
no the kindle is rebooting trying to update, but it fails.
how did you verify root? try root checker in play store

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

I assumed I still had root access after using a memory editor that requires superuser permissions, and modded my attack value in a game through said memory editing, and then I renamed a file in the system directory to disable on the air updates for the Kindle Fire in case it trying to update was causing it to reboot (the file was called otacerts.zip, which is supposed to block the on the air updates for Kindle Fire).

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
I assumed I still had root access after using a memory editor that requires superuser permissions, and modded my attack value in a game through said memory editing, and then I renamed a file in the system directory to disable on the air updates for the Kindle Fire in case it trying to update was causing it to reboot (the file was called otacerts.zip, which is supposed to block the on the air updates for Kindle Fire).

if you kept root through update, it was a fluke and very lucky .
the reboots people are getting is from the update install failing.

Manbearpiglets

Jun 21, 2014
if you kept root through update, it was a fluke and very lucky .
the reboots people are getting is from the update install failing.

Yeah, still have root. It seems to reboot 1/4th of the time I try to start it, but once I have it up and running it doesn't reboot until I try to put it to sleep. Inconvenient, but not unmanageable. Thanks for the info, I'll probably stick with it for a while until it becomes too annoying, and then just update without root, maybe by that point it will have been figured out though.

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Yeah, still have root. It seems to reboot 1/4th of the time I try to start it, but once I have it up and running it doesn't reboot until I try to put it to sleep. Inconvenient, but not unmanageable. Thanks for the info, I'll probably stick with it for a while until it becomes too annoying, and then just update without root, maybe by that point it will have been figured out though.

Did you check system version in settings?

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk