[Q] Security policy update safe to install after rooting with towelroot?

Search This thread

spud_work

Feb 9, 2009
Out there
Hi,

I rooted using towelroot several weeks ago and disabled Knox with the help of SuperSu. I've had several weeks of rooted happiness, but this morning my phone informed me that there were new security policy updates available and I was wondering if these are safe to install or whether they will interfere with the root process or trip the Knox counter.

Any advice as to whether I should apply this update?

Spud

f0xy

Aug 23, 2010
Manchester
I have a 'virgin' device not rooted and when I tried to install them it keeps failing... Comes up every now and then to update but would always fail

ag4751

Oct 30, 2010
Scarborough
Hi,

I rooted using towelroot several weeks ago and disabled Knox with the help of SuperSu. I've had several weeks of rooted happiness, but this morning my phone informed me that there were new security policy updates available and I was wondering if these are safe to install or whether they will interfere with the root process or trip the Knox counter.

Spud

Best way is to install Titanium Backup from the play store if you don't have it and just freeze all the apps in the screen clip attached then you wont get any of these security messages, unless the phone is being used for business purposes by an employer they are not important, Knox is meant for business security not every day users.

I did back some up before I changed the rom from a carrier branded version to a generic version but it isn't necessary just freeze them

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-15-21-44-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-15-21-44-21.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 174
Reactions: sullytrny

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Spud

Best way is to install Titanium Backup from the play store if you don't have it and just freeze all the apps in the screen clip attached then you wont get any of these security messages, unless the phone is being used for business purposes by an employer they are not important, Knox is meant for business security not every day users.

I did back some up before I changed the rom from a carrier branded version to a generic version but it isn't necessary just freeze them