[ROM] SCI MIUI 2.3.23v1.0 En/De / 2.4.13 EN (17 Apr.)

Add user contributed "Tips & Tricks" section?

• Great idea

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • No, bloats the thread with contribution posts

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • What? ... Let's talk later, my bus comes.

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

nicolas550

May 16, 2008
Some questions

Hello,

First my appologize for your work, you have the only one rom whitch my DHD have no bugs on camera.

But you say multi language, and french isn't in your rom why ? In other ICS it is...

I try to install some other launcher how, nova or trebuchet, but i try only, don't work ?

I install gapps without success too...

I not lucky or there are some answers to my problems?

Thx

padrequart

Sep 19, 2011
Hello,

First my appologize for your work, you have the only one rom whitch my DHD have no bugs on camera.

But you say multi language, and french isn't in your rom why ? In other ICS it is...

I try to install some other launcher how, nova or trebuchet, but i try only, don't work ?

I install gapps without success too...

I not lucky or there are some answers to my problems?

Thx

Hi, apologize in french means s'excuser......don't mind, everybody knows you want to say thanks......You have no bugs with cam because this rom is Gingerbread.......anyway this rom is very good.
IN the second or third post there is a "how to" make a language pack.....be careful when you download the updater script, may be your pc store it as a txt file. you need to delete de txt extension to get the lang pack work.....good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: a user

enewman17

Sep 20, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
Thank you so much for this rom! I love it!
One issue though...Ive noticed really bad data speeds...

Im on HTC Inspire w/ 12.56.60.25u_26.10.04.03_m for a radio

Is this a right match for this rom?

Pretty sure its mainly due to gingerbread... Both CM7 and MIUI 2-3mbps tops but really average 1-2 which sucks because upload is usually faster at 1.4. HTC Sense Roms especially the stock one for Inspire would yield 4-5 on average. Now on the ICS version of MIUI and LOrd's IceColdSandwhich I get 5-6+ hit 8 once.

Anyway try editing the Build.prop and change
# ace RF team request
ro.ril.enable.dtm=1
ro.ril.gprsclass=12
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=14
ro.ril.hsupa.category=6
ro.ril.hsxpa=3

and reboot twice.
I always change these, believe it yields best results for me.
Im also on Inspire but using radio 12.59.60.26P_26.11.04.21_M / which everything seems to be fine on all roms with this radio.

Reactions: Bzow and a user

iximages

Aug 12, 2011
Dublin, Belfast, California
Changed my settings and flashed that radio you posted. Did about 25 speed tests and now getting 2 to 3.5 for download and about 700 on the upload. Definitely made a difference! Thank you!
Are you liking lordmods rom? And are you using that on your inspire? Just curious.

Sent from HTC Inspire 4g proudly running SCI Miui. Using xda premium

enewman17

Sep 20, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
Your welcome.
I love lords rom. But I always come back to sci-miui. proxusers port of miui4 is awesome and miui4 keeps getting better. So I'm sure here in the future we'll be using (sci-miui4) ;-) I would use miui4 if the volume + mod worked or if the miui team would just incorperate that like cm7 did.

Sent from the handheld device I can't put down / Inspire 4G

Last edited:

a user

Jan 11, 2011
oh i see somebody else was so kind posting his build.prop values for the mobile data issue. actually these are the ones i would recommend too in your case.

you may try to compare them with my deault ones and only change a subset of them. maybe this further increases your speed.

it is said that it is impossible to have one for all settings here. these settings depend on your local carrier and country. i obviously am using values as default ones fitting my situation :p
they should be perfect for europe at least.

anyhow, you may wanna play with the values. there is a thread on xda explaining a bit about them. you can safly experiment with them as the worst thing that could happen is that your mobile fails at all. though it can always be reverted back by editing them or reflashing the rom.

as already mentioned: changes to these values need you to reboot twice to take effect.

p.s. i'm glad you guys like my rom. as i see here are some new comers ;) i apologise that i currently won't be able to answer as fast as in the past. i am currently in the process of changing my job. finally i have to go into the world business, away from my current university position :D

a user

Jan 11, 2011

sorry, but currently there is no time to keep a multilanguage pack updated regularly. there were also some issues with the needed tools in their linux version.

but if you try to make a language pack for your language for my rom and have trouble i am here to help you. though as explained above i currently am sometimes a bit slow on answering.

iximages

Aug 12, 2011
A user-its a pleasure to be a part of this thread! Thank you for creating a smooth as silk rom!
I came from "freshly squeezed" to this and I love it!
Just a note on those changes in the build for my data. My speed definitely increased after the changes, which was awesome. But I noticed my signal in the status bar was saying 3g. I rebooted again and even tried changing themes. Still wouldn't change. So I toggled my airplane mode and it switched back. But also my speed increased even more!! I finally have no more lag while on the net!! I'm at work which normally has very bad signal for everyone here and I'm hitting speeds of 4 to 4.5 on the download and 2.5 to 3 on the upload!!!
I'll try some variations of the values and keep you posted in case anyone else is having this issue.
Thank you again guys for your help!!!

Sent from HTC Inspire 4g proudly running SCI Miui. Using xda premium

djcsurf

Jan 9, 2011
Kent
Can anyone provide an answer about SIM Toolkit vanishing from homescreen after reboot.
I have googled and it seems a common issue but yet to find a definitive answer.
Maybe SCI thread can resolve the mystery :)

Edit: I think turning on compatibility mode for SIM Toolkit may have solved it. Not got enough juice in battery at the moment to check after rebooting it tho.

Sent by my pukka fukka SCI MeeUI

Last edited:

ahmad5859

Aug 23, 2008
bandar-e-mahshahr
unfortunately , force close message appear when i want to check for update in setting/system/about phone/system updates

i am on MIUI-SCI MIUI 2.2.17 V1.0

p.s: also install RTL addon on my device

Last edited:

djcsurf

Jan 9, 2011
Kent
It will as a user removed it from rom.
You should only update from a user releases anyway, if you were to update miui directly it would not be SCI rom.

djcsurf

Jan 9, 2011
Kent
If you are currently using SCI rom you cannot check for updates in about phone menu.
The reason it FC is I believe because a user removed the file, this is because it would check original miui rom, and if you were to update you would lose all the goodness of SCI.
hence, only update this rom when a user releases weekly update.

swatcop1

Jan 6, 2008
This is a custom rom by "user" only. Only update from the opening post when updates are available. It is hard to help and solve problems on this thread is you drift off and flash some other rom besides user "custom rom". His roms are tweaked for DHD and Inspire 4G.;)
And a Damm good rom should I say...

a user

Jan 11, 2011
sorry mate but i don't get it !!!!

you mean i flash the wrong rom ?
which one is correct and ok for me ?
do you see this ?

you get that force close because i removed the updater app. i did this so you won't get updates from miui-germany which would brake my custom rom.
my rom is based on their version but i changed several stuff and tweaks.

for updates you must always check the opening post (op) and flash the whole rom. no additional wipes needed if not otherwise stated. in case you are not sure you may ask. though remember to tell us what you currently exactly have installed and what you want to flash ;)

@swatcop1 : my nick here is "a user" not "user" :p
anyway, thank you for your words!

Last edited:

iximages

Aug 12, 2011
Not sure what's happened but I had to reflash the rom because of a bad lockscreen that wouldn't open. But know whenever I go to settings, sounds, I get a processcom.android.settings force close. Tried full wipe and it is still coming???

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using xda premium

djcsurf

Jan 9, 2011
Kent
I've just realised vibrate not working at all for me with 2.2.17
Anyone else have same problem, I haven't seen a changelog for miui 2.3 this week. I hope this bug has been sorted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SCI MIUI 2.3.23v1.0 En/De / 2.4.13 EN SysTune Bundle

Special Thanks to LeeDroid who in my opinion is how a XDA-DEV should be!

Some other special thanks to LorD ClockaN for some funny beta testing parties of his kernels and his responsiveness to critics!

Additional thanks go to MrGarak for givng me some nice directions regarding miui and miui-germany.de for their permission to base on their stuff.

Due to request i decided to make my custom rom public. Not much special about it compared to the official stock miuiandroid.com release. It based on the stock rom from miui-germany to include ENGLISH and GERMAN language.

If you want to support me you can by my tuning app SysTune on the Market.
    SysTune is included in the rom for free but if not bought it is limited to fully work only in my rom and will only get updated when the rom gets an update.

Changes from official release:
    • Inspire 4G Support (Thanks to thedonvaughn)
    • Scrollable Widgets support mod for MIUI Launcher
    • Toggle2G included (Thanks to TheMasterBaron)
    • SysTune included for free! Only fully working on this rom for free!
    • Arabic and Persian RTL support as addon. Many thanks to fearkillerr.
    • Shorter delay for screen off/on by proximity sensor when calling.
    • Shorter delay when calling out.
    • Optimized eu gps settings.
    • Even more improved TCP IP4
    • Android Keyboard from CM7 supporting more languages with dictionaries
    • Improved System: smooth like never befor! (thanks to leedroid and rmk40)
    • Tweaked GPS configuration
    • Small GPU Performance tweaks
    • Small UI Performance tweaks
    • Some CFS tweaks for improving permformance (for any CFS kernel)
    • Multi Language Support as Addon (Many Thanks to xavierjohn22)
    • English and German translations (miui-germany.de)
    • Smaller build.prop tweaks
    • Automatic Zipalign Script (from LeeDroid)
    • Some EXT4 optimizations (thanks LeeDroid)
    • Initial sound setup: Dolby V for Speaker, SRS for Headsets (can be changed with snd3254)
    • 4-Way-Boot extension included or as addon (depends if i forget it :p )
    • Removed chinese only apps and other bloat
    • Rom installation wipes Cache and Dalvik Cache
    • Nano terminal texteditor
    • Bash

Notes:
    • For Non EU-Countries there may be suboptimal download/upload speeds for 3G/H due to special settings in build.prop that depend on providers. For those i will collect and post patches to fix this and make them here available later.
    • For 4-Way-Boot Extension long press power button. Pressing then on "reboot" will offer you four further options.
    • I keep stock kernel and will keep it that way. Maybe i will offer other kernels here as addons or links.
    • When moving between a version without Toggle2G and a version WITH Toggle2G you must do a full wipe!

Roms
    Flash through recovery.

Kernels
    Flash through recovery.

This Versions differ from LorD ClockaN's release by not including a modified libsqlite.so which is not needed and only negates any usefull changes done by the miui team.

User reports are always welcome!

Addons
    Flash through recovery

Individual Language packs (contributed from users)

General Addons:

Themes
    Copy into sdcard/miui/themes/

Alternative Download

Wuala Public Directory

If you want to give me more space on wuala just register a new account using this link: http://www.wuala.com/referral/3GN36KM37C4ABP66P5AJ

Final Words:
    • I intend to release regulary updates scheduled along the official miui releases. Though i will performe first a small verification to ensure it not introduces major issues.
    • I have no donation button as i currently haven't done really much to justify this. I do this mainly for myself.
    • Enjoy yourself ;)
    TIPS and TRICKS
    (user contribution wished!)​

Everybody that has found a usefull tip or trick may post it or pm me. If it looks like a worthy contribution for this list i'll add it with credits. If i forget the credit just pm me :p

MIUI Tips
    • Quick Flashlight Pressing and holding home button during lock screen enables flash light.
    • There are three different battery styles in miui available. Look at Settings -> System -> Battery
    • Screen Shot Pressing MENU + VOL DOWN takes a snap shot.

Display Brightness tuning on Miui
    Miui (and CM7) allows tweaking the autobrightness levels and mode. Here a brief guide and my current settings (may change over time).
    • Go to Display Brighness Settings
    • Activate Automatic Brightness if not yet activated
    • Go to enhanced mode
    • One can use the Lightsensor Filter to avoid flickering due to immediate brightness changes when the surrounding light changes. My settings here are:
      • Time Interval 10s
      • Threshold off
      • Intervall 2s (select 1s to react faster if you want)
    • Set custom filter levels on and then go to customize levels. I am using a modifed version of the default settings. Thus i have the same number of levels. I think one could reduce the number but i was too lazy :p Here my settings:
      • 0-159 : 38 | 255
      • 160-224 : 48 | 255
      • 225-319 : 60 | 0
      • 320-639 : 82 | 0
      • 640-1279 : 100 | 0
      • 1280-2599 : 135 | 0
      • 2600-5799 : 186 | 0
      • 5800-7999 : 208 | 0
      • 8000-10239 : 231 | 0
      • 10240 : 255 | 0
      Actually i only modified the first half as i didn't had the light circumstances to optimize also the rest. But i think you got how to do this. Finally press the "Save" button to apply the values so you can see if it suits you. At the top of the screen you see current measured sensor values (unfiltered and filtered) and the current set brightness values.
    • Finnaly go one step back and activate "reduction of brightness allowed" (it's the second last setting).
    • I have set Hysteresis to 30%.

SysTune saved settings
    NOTE: directory of saved settings changed!
    Copy it to sdcard/systune/
    Note: advanced governor settings start with "gov_GOVERNOR_" where GOVERNOR is the governor they are for. so don't change this if you want to rename them.

Download links for my settings moved to:

SysTune discussion thread. If you want to discuss your experience with various settings or see what others use then i hope you help filling up this thread ;)

Check out the second post for settings to download and infos on how to contribute.

General Tips
    • If you resolved your battery issues using current messure tools etc. then turn them off and also turn off
      battery monitoring in Miui Settings. This allows your device to go longer into sleep.
    Final releases

SCI MIUI 2.3.23v1.0

SCI MIUI 2.4.13 based on miuiandroid.com instead of the usual miui-germany base. Hence without german language translations (though updating to this should be fine but not guaranteed).

As GB Miui is not updated really anymore i won't continue this anymore. Beside of this i currently have no time for any such side activities. Maybe in the future.

I greatly thank you all for the support and kindness and i feel very sad that i won't be able to continue on a rom for at least some longer time.

though, i am still watching xda and am here for questions. Of course i will continue to support systune even though new features are delayed due to time. But bug fixing etc. will not be delayed (in case there is anything to do)!

Thank you all!

edit: beside of this i am still running 2.3.16v1.0 on my DHD without any issues. after the full wipe i did it is even better than ever ;)
    SCI MIUI 1.12.23v1.0

happy christmas and happy days to all that don't care ;)
    Creating Language Pack Guide

First you need either a miui language pack zip file or a miui stock rom zip file in your language (the first is to be prefered).

[1] if you use a stock rom zip instead of a language pack then you need to replace the "updater-script" file with this one. It is found iin META-INF/com/google/android/ within the zip. Best first remove the file and then add the one from the link.
    If you have a language pack then simply skip this step!
    [2] Within the zip's root directory remove everything but the directory META-INF and system.
    [3] Within the system directory remove everything but the directories app and framework
    [4] Within the system/framework directory remove everything but the file framework-res.apk
    [5] Within system/app remove everything that you do not find in my roms zip in system/app

If you want to use my SCI MIUI without the Toggle2G then you are basically done. Proceed to step 9

[6] Get this Toggle2G resign tool from here and extract it somewhere on your disk.
    [7] Go to the directory you have extracted the resign tools. If you are on a linux machine you need to make the script ResignUpdate.sh executable with this command "chmod a+x ResignUpdate.sh". On windows you don't need that step.
    [8] Now call ResignUpdate.sh (for linux users) or ResignUpdate.bat for windows users giving it as paramter the full path to your language pack zip you made in steps 1-5. Like this:
    Code:
    ResignUpdate.sh blabla/mylangpack.zip

this will generate a new zip file in the same directory where "mylangpack.zip" is.

[9] Flash my Rom (if you didn't already have done this) and boot it. Enter pin etc. and let the rom settle down. Then reboot to recovery again and flash your newly generated language pack zip and boot again.
    You may skip the boot in between but in case you have issues you should do the mentioned boot between flashing the two zips.

Issues and Solutions

In general a full wipe (maybe also wiping sd card) is recomended and no restoring of any system app/data. Before resotring any of the user apps try to verify if the issue is solved. Sometimes one of the restored user apps/data is responsible for the trouble.

• In case of force closing market the following methods could fix it:
      • Change language settings to English (US). US is important. Start Market. Close it. And then set back to your desired language.
    • for thus who want louder in-call volume. try adding this line to your build.prop (remember to mount system as r/w before editing the file) and then reboot.
      Code:
      ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=6
      thanks go to eliashadow