Raphael / Fuze Boot Splash Screens [Fake BIOS / Post Screen]

Search This thread

Scrtcwlvl

Aug 4, 2008
After upgrading to my Raphael from the Kaiser, I was unable to use the fantastic boot images created by -888-
(http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=421572)
However, these images became my inspiration and actually what I based my version on.
I treat my phone like a computer, shouldn't it look like one?
After a tireless amount of work and an amazing amount of help from both Cmonex and Olipro I give you a completed Raphael fake boot bios / post screen!

You must have HardSPL on your device to flash the ROM Splash Screen
CDMA USERS BEWARE - BRICK
There seems to be some issues with compatibility with CDMA devices and the boot splash. All other graphics work fine, I will look into the issue and hopefully find a solution.
As for GSM users, all is well.
If you have HardSPL, do not worry then, as this will not hard reset your device.

With a combination of the :
The ROM Splash screen - BootSplash.nbh - which will need to be flashed to the device with RaphaelCustomRUU.exe flasher (included)
[Both files attached below in Flashall.zip]
Start Up Animation screen - animated.gif which will need to be copied to your Windows directory on your device
Either overwrite the current one there or rename mine to Animated2.gif and direct to this with Advanced Config under the HTC Animation pull down.
Start Up Microsoft and carrier splash - welcomehead.192.png - which I have created 2 different versions.
Either overwrite the current one there or rename mine to welcomehead.190.png and direct to this with Advanced Config under the SplashScreen pulldown.
one can achieve a nearly seamless realistic boot up, resembling a normal computer.

Rom Splash Screen (bootsplash.nbh)
bootsplashhostvc6.png

Start Up Animation (animated.gif)
(This is made not to loop, so it will only display once in your browser, press Ctrl + F5 to check it out again)
animatedyo8.gif

Or go here http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/807/animatedyo8.gif and press Ctrl + F5

Start Up MS / Carrier Splash (welcomehead.192.png)
Version A shows initialization of hardware
welcomehead962oc2.png

Version B shows simple blank screen with continuous top
welcomehead96jj9.png

Version C - Same as A just with the 2nd Cmos camera taken off. This is if you have a fuze.
welcomehead192fuze.png

If you purchased the Fuze with no cameras... well then... why?

Download
To download these files you can download and unzip the flashall.zip file located in attachments.
This includes
RaphaelCustomRUU.exe - For Flashing the BootSplash.nbh
BootSplash.nbh - The image being flashed - Note: This WONT hard reset your device.
Animated.gif - The animated boot
Welcomehead.192.png - The Hardware Initializing Screen
Welcomehead.190.png - The Top bar of the boot *renamed*

To Install
Either download attachments and move to /windows
or
Download CABs here
Download Fuze CAB here
Thank you dharvey4651 and K-Semler for graciously creating multiple CABs

After the files are in /windows by either copying or installing through provided CABs
flash the Bootsplash by syncing device through active sync and running the RaphaelCustomRUU.exe

I have spent quite a bit of time on this and I hope you all like them.

Any comments, suggestions and most importantly errors, please feel free to post them!
I hope to edit these and make them perfect.

Notes:
I realize that by the time my Postscreen says the services are loaded, they have long since loaded, however this is all just for fun and appearances.

Bugs:
If you experience any choppy animation, try changing your gif speed. With either Advanced Config under the HTC Animation pull down or registry editor under HKLM\Software\HTC\HTCAnimation\. Try ranging the number around, 50, 75, 100.
Seems to strangely vary by the rom. I personally run gif speed 75, however I am told 100 is a good number for ROMeOS.

More Thanks:
Kewlj1313 - To help me go through with it
Julien Schapman - For Advanced Config
Olipro - Again for all the help, but this time for NBHUtil as well
Cmonex - For all the tips and pointers
-888- - For the great idea and inspiration
pfcsabre - For PatchSplash
dharvey4651 - For CAB Installer
K-Semler - For CAB installers

Attachments

• Animated.gif
    Animated.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 394
  • welcomehead.96.PNG
    welcomehead.96.PNG
    19.1 KB · Views: 298
  • welcomehead.962.png
    welcomehead.962.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 288
  • Flashall.zip
    680.9 KB · Views: 2,120
  • welcomehead.192fuze.png
    welcomehead.192fuze.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

JFlitt

Feb 18, 2008
Absolutely lovely :)!

Came out great, good work, very impressive and flashy, can't wait to rub it in the face of my friends with their crap Iphones :) hmhmhm

Kewlj1313

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com
Wow very impressive. I might just try these out. Maybe even keep them :D

Just one question. Will flashing the boot screen cause my device to hard-reset or is it like flashing a Radio ROM in that it does not hard reset?

Last edited:

wanwarlock

Aug 13, 2006
Wow very impressive. I might just try these out. Maybe even keep them :D

Just one question. Will flashing the boot screen cause my device to hard-reset or is it like flashing a Radio ROM in that it does not hard reset?

+1 for this as well. i wouldn't think you need a hard reset, as you said... but a shame if you need to!

congrats for this... wished it did show all those things as true...

Scrtcwlvl

Aug 4, 2008
+1 for this as well. i wouldn't think you need a hard reset, as you said... but a shame if you need to!

congrats for this... wished it did show all those things as true...
Do not worry, it wont hard reset your device. It will simply overwrite the splash [the image shown when you first turn on your phone] currently on your device.

Thanks for all the nice words, I'm glad you all like it. :)

Thanks again to Olipro and Cmonex for the help in its creation.

Last edited:

jsmabasa

Oct 31, 2007
Milford
Hello,

NOD32 is reporting this as a trojan, anyone else getting the same message?

"Flashall\RaphaelCustomRUU.exe probably a variant of Win32/TrojanDropper.Agent trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantine"

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com
Made a zip file of with everything.

Included:

ruu_signed.nbh with raphaelwrapper.exe(first splash screen)

Fake BIOS Boot Screen1.cab
(contains the following image for second splash)
welcomehead962oc2.png

Fake BIOS Boot Screen2.cab
(Contains the following splash)
welcomehead96jj9.png

Both cab files contain the start up animation as well.

Here's the zip:

Attachments

• Scrtcwlvl.zip
    840.2 KB · Views: 1,784

Scrtcwlvl

Aug 4, 2008
Thank you dharvey4651 :)
I had planned to try and figure out how to make a CAB for this eventually but you saved me some work.

CAB installer added to first post.

TriAxisFL

Nov 24, 2006
Mount Dora, Fl
Looks cool, I may have to try it out.

2 questions though: Why do you list the version as v6.00 and year as 1997? Shouldn't it be v6.10 and 2008? The 1997 would make people think my WinMo OS is way more old and archaic then it already is. :D

Scrtcwlvl

Aug 4, 2008
Ah, sorry about that, I never did get around to making a fuze version of that. Ironically, I have a fuze :p
I've attached the fuze version and added it to the first post.

As for why I went with 6.0, that was simply an arbitrary number to be honest. I did not even make the mental connection with wm6. As for the year, that was based on the creation of HTC.

Attachments

• welcomehead.192fuze.png
    welcomehead.192fuze.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 86