Upgrade from 4.2.2 to 4.3+ without getting Knox

Search This thread

jadajada

Jul 5, 2007
I am on stock 4.2.2 now, rooted.

I would like to install stock 4.3 or try a 4.4 rom. What are my options for doing this? Is there a stock 4.3 ROM I can flash with cwm that doesn't bring knox and the new bootloader? Is the new bootloader (and knox) absolutely necessary for going 4.4?

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
I am on stock 4.2.2 now, rooted.

I would like to install stock 4.3 or try a 4.4 rom. What are my options for doing this? Is there a stock 4.3 ROM I can flash with cwm that doesn't bring knox and the new bootloader? Is the new bootloader (and knox) absolutely necessary for going 4.4?

If you are still in 4.2.2 stock rom with an Oldbootloader like me :) Feel free to flash a Pre-rooted BMGA rom from Djembey thread and Flash a Custom recovery and you can flash any Custom 4.3 rom you want..But if you dont give a deym about Voiding your warranty then feel free to flash a Stock 4.3 rom and get your self a Newbootloader :) and if you wanna flash a 4.4.2 Kitkat leak then you can no longer downgrade to stock 4.3 and your warranty is now void. but you can still downgrade to custom 4.3 roms. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
If you are still in 4.2.2 stock rom with an Oldbootloader like me :) Feel free to flash a Pre-rooted BMGA rom from Djembey thread and Flash a Custom recovery and you can flash any Custom 4.3 rom you want..But if you dont give a deym about Voiding your warranty then feel free to flash a Stock 4.3 rom and get your self a Newbootloader :) and if you wanna flash a 4.4.2 Kitkat leak then you can no longer downgrade to stock 4.3 and your warranty is now void. but you can still downgrade to custom 4.3 roms. Have a nice day.

P.S. correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there are pre-rooted 4.3 stock firmware with no Knox, so you can enjoy stock without Knox. Not entirely sure, you'll have to search it up.

Smack that Thanks button if I helped!
KitKat came in on my OmniROM, running on my Note 2.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA :(

jadajada

Jul 5, 2007

Took a look at the Djembey thread, but unsure which firmware to choose. There are quite a few to choose from... I need the latest 4.3 or 4.4 I can install with cwm without new bootloader or knox.

terminator1983

Jan 2, 2012
Took a look at the Djembey thread, but unsure which firmware to choose. There are quite a few to choose from... I need the latest 4.3 or 4.4 I can install with cwm without new bootloader or knox.

on 4.4 wifi will not work to make it work u will need the new bootloader chose any 4.3 odex or deodex fw.