[Q] Stuck on Samsung logo screen

Search This thread

aquafina2014

Mar 26, 2014
My phone is stuck on the Samsung screen with the logo glowing blue. I've tried to reboot my phone and cleared the cache but it still has the same problem. It won't get past the Samsung logo screen to the lock screen.

I've restarted my phone many times. I've left the battery out for a day. Nothing works.

Prior to this happening, my phone would suddenly restart itself (for example, when I am taking a photo or just simply browsing on my phone); but it would always return back to normal. (Note: my phone is not rooted or anything)

I don't want to perform a factory reset as I have pictures on my phone that are not backed up. Is there any way to retrieve them? (I do not have a SD card on my phone. They are all in the internal storage). My phone won't even connect to my laptop.

Any ideas on the issue? Any help would be much appreciated!

Fasted12

Jan 28, 2014
My phone is stuck on the Samsung screen with the logo glowing blue. I've tried to reboot my phone and cleared the cache but it still has the same problem. It won't get past the Samsung logo screen to the lock screen.

I've restarted my phone many times. I've left the battery out for a day. Nothing works.

Prior to this happening, my phone would suddenly restart itself (for example, when I am taking a photo or just simply browsing on my phone); but it would always return back to normal. (Note: my phone is not rooted or anything)

I don't want to perform a factory reset as I have pictures on my phone that are not backed up. Is there any way to retrieve them? (I do not have a SD card on my phone. They are all in the internal storage). My phone won't even connect to my laptop.

if you wipe data/factory reset, it wont delete your pictures, just dont wipe internal sd

Reactions: aquafina2014

jzz

Oct 28, 2007

If you have recovery, do the wipe to factory, it won't delete your pictures on the internal sd card. (use recovery to do this)

Or you could also reflash the stock rom using odin

Last edited:

aquafina2014

Mar 26, 2014
if you wipe data/factory reset, it wont delete your pictures, just dont wipe internal sd

If you have recovery, do the wipe to factory, it won't delete your pictures on the internal sd card. (use recovery to do this)

Thank you so much for your replies.

I attached a photo of what my screen looks like when I clicked 'Wipe data/factory reset.'

If I select 'Yes -- delete all user data' are you absolutely sure my photos will not be deleted?

Attachments

• IMG_5466.jpg
    IMG_5466.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Reactions: Fasted12

Fasted12

Jan 28, 2014

I attached a photo of what my screen looks like when I clicked 'Wipe data/factory reset.'

If I select 'Yes -- delete all user data' are you absolutely sure my photos will not be deleted?

it wont. puts your rom back to "initial install"state. pictures are on ext sd and internal sd/usb. dont wipe these or format usb

aquafina2014

Mar 26, 2014

it wont. puts your rom back to "initial install"state. pictures are on ext sd and internal sd/usb. dont wipe these or format usb

Thanks so much for your help. I performed the "wipe to factory" and am glad to say all my photos are still intact.

Thanks again! I appreciate it.

Reactions: Fasted12

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks so much for your help. I performed the "wipe to factory" and am glad to say all my photos are still intact.

Thanks again! I appreciate it.