SMS error after 3.1.0 viper update...?

Search This thread

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
Did you ever try a third party texting app. I got the same error on the stock rom too and the only way to fix it was to use a third party texting app.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cunningStunts

Nov 12, 2013
Did you ever try a third party texting app. I got the same error on the stock rom too and the only way to fix it was to use a third party texting app.

Yes, tried two different third parties. Same error...

However, I tried flashing a different rom. I went with the Bad Seed Tranquility 1.3...installed through TWRP after a clean wipe. SAME ERROR after the 1st text message.

Whatever is happening, happens after I flash a new rom. When I revert back to an original stock back-up, the error goes away.

Yehudah

Oct 14, 2012
Yes, tried two different third parties. Same error...

However, I tried flashing a different rom. I went with the Bad Seed Tranquility 1.3...installed through TWRP after a clean wipe. SAME ERROR after the 1st text message.

Whatever is happening, happens after I flash a new rom. When I revert back to an original stock back-up, the error goes away.

I have exactly that same issue. Currently running ViperDNA 2.5.2, which works 5x5 on this phone. But with ANY other ROM, regardless of version (4.2.2, 4.3.1, 4.4.2, etc) I get the SMS issue. Nothing else is an issue on any of those ROMS.

Freaking weird, and that nobody else has seen this strikes me as odd.

cunningStunts

Nov 12, 2013
I have exactly that same issue. Currently running ViperDNA 2.5.2, which works 5x5 on this phone. But with ANY other ROM, regardless of version (4.2.2, 4.3.1, 4.4.2, etc) I get the SMS issue. Nothing else is an issue on any of those ROMS.

Freaking weird, and that nobody else has seen this strikes me as odd.

So you do not have the error with 2.5.2?

Yehudah

Oct 14, 2012
No issues ever with ViperDNA 2.5.x.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
Yeah I talked to htc bout that error code a while ago and I got that on stock all the time with the 4.2.2 update. They said they never heard of it but if you Google it, it's all over the Web. Only way I found a solution was a third party texting app. Then again I get this error every now and then on viper but it's not enough to bother me.

lightyear22

Feb 23, 2014
Me Too!

The same thing is happening to me. I was on a old HBOOT, RADIO, FIRMWARE running a KK S6 Rom and it seems that after I updated my firmware to the latest is when I could send one message and then have to reboot to send another one. A big pain. I tried different hboots, radios, firmware, kernels, and most of the KK Sense 6 Roms and still had the issue. I installed Viper 2.5.x and viola all better now. I have read that there were slight changes with the phone as it was sold. I was one of the first inline to get one. Not sure if that has something to do with it. It could be the way I rooted the phone, CID generator style, the first way to do it way before moonshine or fire_something... Just going to wait around for a fix or someone to recognize what is going on.

lightyear22

Feb 23, 2014
The same thing is happening to me. I was on a old HBOOT, RADIO, FIRMWARE running a KK S6 Rom and it seems that after I updated my firmware to the latest is when I could send one message and then have to reboot to send another one. A big pain. I tried different hboots, radios, firmware, kernels, and most of the KK Sense 6 Roms and still had the issue. I installed Viper 2.5.x and viola all better now. I have read that there were slight changes with the phone as it was sold. I was one of the first inline to get one. Not sure if that has something to do with it. It could be the way I rooted the phone, CID generator style, the first way to do it way before moonshine or fire_something... Just going to wait around for a fix or someone to recognize what is going on.

After texting for the day using the messaging app with Viper 2.5.x I have had 2 of the same SMS errors out of about 50-60 sent messages.

matthall9815

Apr 16, 2009
Salisbury, MD :( :(
Has anyone got a fix for this? Sms has worked fine for two complete days on nusense 6, and without any changes messages start failing again. I'm back on viper 252 would love to know what causes this issue

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

thayl0

May 26, 2013
Has anyone got a fix for this? Sms has worked fine for two complete days on nusense 6, and without any changes messages start failing again. I'm back on viper 252 would love to know what causes this issue

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

I used to get the same error when I had a DNA.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

matthall9815

Apr 16, 2009
Salisbury, MD :( :(
This seems to work until there is a better fix if there is anyone out there besides me with the same problem. It works for me on Viper 3.5

Try this.

Download 4g switch by basemobi from Google Play
Open 4g switch (It will easily take you to the all text radio setting page)
change preferred network to "WCDMA ONLY"
I hit home after this you may not need to, but you lose all conections
Open 4g switch again, and change preferred network to "CMDA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto"

after I do this I can send texts without delay for failures don't ask me why, but it works until the next reboot. Please try and see if it works for you. Hopefully someone smarter than I can take this info and find/fix the issue.

Oh I tested this on Viper 3.5 because it is what I have loaded at the moment when I though of this hopefully it will work on all KK roms.

Thanks,
Matt

Reactions: micahl88

KohanTech

Nov 18, 2012
This seems to work until there is a better fix if there is anyone out there besides me with the same problem. It works for me on Viper 3.5

Try this.

Open 4g switch again, and change preferred network to "CMDA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto"

after I do this I can send texts without delay for failures don't ask me why, but it works until the next reboot. Please try and see if it works for you. Hopefully someone smarter than I can take this info and find/fix the issue.

Oh I tested this on Viper 3.5 because it is what I have loaded at the moment when I though of this hopefully it will work on all KK roms.

Thanks,
Matt

CMDA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto is missing as an option on carbon 4.4.2. Any other option doesn't work either.

However this does work on Santods sense 6 Rom.

*Edit: After playing with the rom for a bit it tries to switch automatically to WCDMA Preferred?! Switching to stock rom.

Last edited:
Reactions: micahl88

micahl88

Apr 19, 2014
CMDA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto is missing as an option on carbon 4.4.2. Any other option doesn't work either.

*Edit: After playing with the rom for a bit it tries to switch automatically to WCDMA Preferred?! Switching to stock rom.

Second this so far, using Santod nusense 6 on DNA with modifiied hboot firmware and his custom kernel.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Second this so far, using Santod nusense 6 on DNA with modifiied hboot firmware and his custom kernel.

To clarify, I haven't noticed the switch to wcdma, but it seems to work for a few, instead of one, then fails. If I power cycle the radio using the switch I can send a few more then the error occurs again...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will I have to wipe data before doing so?

This is from the O.P. of ViperDNA 3.1.0. (Credit and thanks to Nitsuj17)

"I have a problem with the ROM (FC, Boot Loop, apps closing automatically). How can I get my problem resolved?

First things first. Try wiping data and replicating the issue:
    Rebooting into Recovery
    Perform a Nandroid backup (of just Data if you wish)
    Flash the ROM and select the option to "Wipe Data"
    Try replicating the issue

If the problem persists, capture a logcat and send it to us.

To capture a logcat: (this assumes you have the Android SDK and ADB setup)
    Open the Command Prompt
    run adb logcat >c:\logcat.txt
    To capture an FC, use the command adb shell "logcat | grep AndroidRuntime" >c:logcat.txt
    Press Control-C to stop logging
    Paste the contents of c:\logcat.txt into http://pastebin.com
    Post the link here with the problem being experienced

Try this.

Thanks,
    Matt

Try this.

Thanks,
    Matt