Anyone capable of unlocking bootloader R800x?

Search This thread

AchillesNo1

Apr 28, 2014
Unfortunately, my bootloader is locked and I don't even have a status to see if my bootloader status can be unlocked when I type in the code to my Xperia Play. Now, I've read that some people have R800x unlocked, and i'm interested if anyone here (trustworthy), does it? I am also willing to pay...

Most people say go to "Alejandrissimo", however, his website doesn't seem to exist anymore. I sent him an email but i'm not too sure how good that will work. If anyone knows of a trustworthy website or anything that would help very much.

ATTACK

Jan 8, 2012
Unfortunately, my bootloader is locked and I don't even have a status to see if my bootloader status can be unlocked when I type in the code to my Xperia Play. Now, I've read that some people have R800x unlocked, and i'm interested if anyone here (trustworthy), does it? I am also willing to pay...

Most people say go to "Alejandrissimo", however, his website doesn't seem to exist anymore. I sent him an email but i'm not too sure how good that will work. If anyone knows of a trustworthy website or anything that would help very much.

Just unlock it via [SONY]. That's how I unlocked my R800x.

AchillesNo1

Apr 28, 2014

how were you able to do that when step #2 says:
"In your device, tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked."

ATTACK

Jan 8, 2012
"In your device, tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked."

Skip #2, The R800x is different then the rest of the Xperia Play line. Just enter your MEID to get your code and then follow the steps to unlock.

Last edited:
Reactions: AchillesNo1

AchillesNo1

Apr 28, 2014
Skip #2, The R800x is different then the rest of the Xperia Play line. Just enter your MEID to get your code and then follow the steps to unlock.

Wow, I believe it worked. The CMD prompt appeared to be all good and same with my unlock key. Now, what do I do?... How do I know which kernel my Xperia Play can use?

ATTACK

Jan 8, 2012
Wow, I believe it worked. The CMD prompt appeared to be all good and same with my unlock key. Now, what do I do?... How do I know which kernel my Xperia Play can use?

Install Recovery [XParts] [Xparts Thread]
As for the kernel I suggest DoomKernel. [DoomKernel Thread] [(CDMA) DoomKernel Download Link]

EDIT:
I believe DoomKernel has built in recovery. I dont remember... it's been a long time since I played with my R800x. Also stop by this [THREAD].

Last edited:

AchillesNo1

Apr 28, 2014
As for the kernel I suggest DoomKernel. [DoomKernel Thread] [(CDMA) DoomKernel Download Link]

EDIT:
I believe DoomKernel has built in recovery. I dont remember... it's been a long time since I played with my R800x. Also stop by this [THREAD].

Ok, so I have X-parts downloaded. Now I have no clue what to do. I wasn't sure which kernel to download
[CDMA][v2] DoomKernel + WiFi Drivers.zip
[GSM][v14] DoomKernel.rar

However, you put CDMA, so I'm assuming the CDMA one. How do I put that onto my phone though?

ATTACK

Jan 8, 2012
Ok, so I have X-parts downloaded. Now I have no clue what to do. I wasn't sure which kernel to download
[CDMA][v2] DoomKernel + WiFi Drivers.zip
[GSM][v14] DoomKernel.rar

However, you put CDMA, so I'm assuming the CDMA one. How do I put that onto my phone though?

Yes, the R800x is CDMA. If you're NOT going to use your R800x as a phone (call, sms, etc...), then it doesn't matter. You also don't need X-Parts if you're going to use DoomKernel as it has it's own recovery built in. Doom explains how to flash his kernel in his [THREAD] or you could use Flashtools. Also here is a [LINK] on how to enter recovery on DoomKernel.

Last edited:

AchillesNo1

Apr 28, 2014
Yes, the R800x is CDMA. If you're NOT going to use your R800x as a phone (call, sms, etc...), then it doesn't matter. You also don't need X-Parts if you're going to use DoomKernel as it has it's own recovery built in. Doom explains how to flash his kernel in his [THREAD] or you could use Flashtools. Also here is a [LINK] on how to enter recovery on DoomKernel.

Wow this is awesome, I read his tutorial and I have doom kernel on my play. Only problem is that I am without wifi, I read his tutorial, but I do not know how to do this part:

reboot phone and enter recovery
flash the wifi modules update.zip for my kernel
reboot phone and enjoy the kernel

now that i have a custom kernel though, how would I go about putting new roms onto my play?

Last edited:

TheScriptKitty

Dec 11, 2013
Mexico City
Xiaomi Poco F3
Wow this is awesome, I read his tutorial and I have doom kernel on my play. Only problem is that I am without wifi, I read his tutorial, but I do not know how to do this part:

reboot phone and enter recovery
flash the wifi modules update.zip for my kernel
reboot phone and enjoy the kernel

now that i have a custom kernel though, how would I go about putting new roms onto my play?

To Flash the Wifi Modules you need to enter the Recovery, here is how you do it:

[How to enter Recovery]
  1. Entry key is the BACK button
  2. There are multiple notifications to tell you when to press the entry key:
    • LED will light up to BLUE
    • The phone will vibrate when its waiting for keypress
  3. Thats it you should now enter DoomKernel Custom Recovery

[How to use/navigate in recovery]
  • BACK button to GO BACK
  • SEARCH button to SELECT
  • HOME button to GO UP
  • MENU button to GO DOWN

[How to Flash any .zip file]
  1. Select "install zip from sdcard"
  2. Select "chose zip from sdcard"
  3. Find the .zip file that you want to Flash and selected
  4. Click "Yes - Install..."
  5. Wait until it finishes, Reboot and enjoy
This applies to any .zip file(ROM,Mod,Module)

AchillesNo1

Apr 28, 2014
To Flash the Wifi Modules you need to enter the Recovery, here is how you do it:

[How to enter Recovery]
  1. Entry key is the BACK button
  2. There are multiple notifications to tell you when to press the entry key:
    • LED will light up to BLUE
    • The phone will vibrate when its waiting for keypress
  3. Thats it you should now enter DoomKernel Custom Recovery

[How to use/navigate in recovery]
  • BACK button to GO BACK
  • SEARCH button to SELECT
  • HOME button to GO UP
  • MENU button to GO DOWN

[How to Flash any .zip file]
  1. Select "install zip from sdcard"
  2. Select "chose zip from sdcard"
  3. Find the .zip file that you want to Flash and selected
  4. Click "Yes - Install..."
  5. Wait until it finishes, Reboot and enjoy
This applies to any .zip file(ROM,Mod,Module)

I turned off the phone and held the back button and all I got was a green LED...

AchillesNo1

Apr 28, 2014
You do not have to hold the Back Button you need to press it multiple times(As it boots up).

BTW you are using DoomKernel Version 3, right?

Oh no! I am using v2 :(
What does this mean? If it means I have to get v3, I think I may want to use what you have, LuPuS instead since it seems more popular. I also feel it is more easier. But I am so confused with what .FTF files are, kernels, and ROMs. I'd like to just be able to use the new 4.1.2 jellybean rom and have it completely working with overclock, but that seems impossible..

TheScriptKitty

Dec 11, 2013
Mexico City
Xiaomi Poco F3
What does this mean? If it means I have to get v3, I think I may want to use what you have, LuPuS instead since it seems more popular. I also feel it is more easier. But I am so confused with what .FTF files are, kernels, and ROMs. I'd like to just be able to use the new 4.1.2 jellybean rom and have it completely working with overclock, but that seems impossible..

Okay, first the way you enter the Costume Recovery on both Doomkernel V2 and V3 should be about the same.
FTF stands for Flash Tool Firmware(or Flash Tool File) they can be both Official Firmwares or Costume Kernels.
The Kernel(.img or .ftf) is basically whats between the Hardware and the Software(the OS and applications)
And the ROM can be described as the Operating System.

If you want you could use what I use:
Lupus Kernel Version 13 and Racing SPEED EDITION EOL ROM

AchillesNo1

Apr 28, 2014
Okay, first the way you enter the Costume Recovery on both Doomkernel V2 and V3 should be about the same.
FTF stands for Flash Tool Firmware(or Flash Tool File) they can be both Official Firmwares or Costume Kernels.
The Kernel(.img or .ftf) is basically whats between the Hardware and the Software(the OS and applications)

Well, I think I just messedu p big time... So frustrating. Now I put LuPuS 480 v8 on it and it is stuck in a bootloop... Is there anyway to fix this? :(

TheScriptKitty

Dec 11, 2013
Mexico City
Xiaomi Poco F3
Oh ok, so how do I flash the Racing Speed Edition one?
I downloaded it.

I'm guessing that you downloaded the ROM to your computer, in that case you have to move it to your phone's MicroSD Card. There are two way of doing this(Since you are stuck on a bootloop), the first is to remove the MicroSD Card from your phone and use a MicroSD Card Adapter to move the ROM from your PC to the MicroSD Card. The other way would be to enter the Recovery(while its powering on press the Voulume- Button Multiple times) and mounting it.

Once you have the ROM on your Phone's MicroSD Card you can flash it by selecting "intall zip from sdcard"(In the Costume Recovery)

Last edited:

AchillesNo1

Apr 28, 2014
I'm guessing that you downloaded the ROM to your computer, in that case you have to move it to your phone's MicroSD Card. There are two way of doing this(Since you are stuck on a bootloop), the first is to remove the MicroSD Card from your phone and use a MicroSD Card Adapter to move the ROM from your PC to the MicroSD Card. The other way would be to enter the Recovery(while its powering on press the Back Button Multiple times) and mounting it.

Once you have the ROM on your Phone's MicroSD Card you can flash it by selecting "intall zip from sdcard"(In the Costume Recovery)

Ok sweet, I've learned how to do the custom kernel and recovery. I'm almost done asking you a ton of questions (I appreciate you a ton, I tried looking through guides and was severely confused since this is my first Android altogether). Now I ultimately decided on using Doom Kernel because it comes with CWM, which is nice. However, are there any roms with 4.1.2 that work with Doom Kernel? Upon looking I didn't find any in the rom area.

TheScriptKitty

Dec 11, 2013
Mexico City
Xiaomi Poco F3
Ok sweet, I've learned how to do the custom kernel and recovery. I'm almost done asking you a ton of questions (I appreciate you a ton, I tried looking through guides and was severely confused since this is my first Android altogether). Now I ultimately decided on using Doom Kernel because it comes with CWM, which is nice. However, are there any roms with 4.1.2 that work with Doom Kernel? Upon looking I didn't find any in the rom area.

I think DoomKernel is only compatible with GB and ICS ROMs, if you want to get JB you need to use Lupus Kernel or Turbo Kernel. IDK why the Recovery would be important but Lupus Kernel also has CWM Recovery(All Costume Kernels have some type of Costume Recovery).

EDIT:
In Lupus Kernel you can chose what Recovery to use(CWM or TWRP)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EDIT:
    I turned off the phone and held the back button and all I got was a green LED...

You do not have to hold the Back Button you need to press it multiple times(As it boots up).

BTW you are using DoomKernel Version 3, right?