ornate neptune or gear 2 solo?

Search This thread

JarlSX

May 4, 2009
Eindhoven
the best one at what?

looks? battery life? call quality?

neither is available yet, so how would anyone know?

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
How much time do you have? No, seriously. There's broken/inconsistent BT issues, build quality issues, water resistance issues, buggy firmware, security issues, bloatware, mic issues, "official specs" are wrong on a number of things..... This isn't coming from some guy with one Omate but five.

Not going to comment on the Samsung or Neptune as I have not used either.

ronaldheld

How much time do you have? No, seriously. There's broken/inconsistent BT issues, build quality issues, water resistance issues, buggy firmware, security issues, bloatware, mic issues, "official specs" are wrong on a number of things..... This isn't coming from some guy with one Omate but five.

That is good to know. I will wait to see how the early adopters fair with the Pine before making a decision.

Mar 23, 2014

How much of this does your patch fix? Can it also be applied to the EU version?

I must side with Loki on this. I bought the Omate and while it is nice it really does feel like it is still in beta design and functionality wise. It has some really strange software and design choices. Prime example is the volume on the device doesn't work like you expect, and you actually need a third party app to get it to work reasonably.

I also found out the default music player is absolutely useless if, like me, you listen to music via folder rather than artist. I had to download a app to get around this issue too.

The default keyboard doesn't always work when using apps. This is most annoying when entering passwords.

Don't get me wrong, I love the device and the potential, but.... I feel it will never reach it now. It seems Omate have annoyed too many people and many good devs like Loki have jumped ship. Until Omate get there act into gear I am concerned about how long the Omate platform will be around.

At the very lease, if you go Samsung you can get your watch fixed.