Cant flash roms on CWM S-off

Search This thread

AznKeo

Jan 4, 2014
Ok for the past couple of hours I've been trying to flash MIUI and this is what happens:

Creating symlinks
symlink: some symlinks failed
E:Error in /sdcard/MIUI.us_inc_v4.1.2.11.9_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_0xD34D
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I googled how to fix status 7 and I've tried to delete the first line that checks the phone as they did in the youtube video which didn't work.
I would do a nandroid restore but i cant because that stuff is on my old laptops hard drive(which is broken)...
Before i attempted to flash the rom i wiped EVERYTHING.. data/factory reset in the main menu and /boot, /system, /datadata, /data, /cache, /emmc in the mounts and storage menu.

Pons

Sep 2, 2010
Try updating to the latest TWRP, and then updating the update-binary in the ROM zip from the TWRP website. I'm on tapatalk right now, so can't get you the link.

AznKeo

Jan 4, 2014
Try updating to the latest TWRP, and then updating the update-binary in the ROM zip from the TWRP website. I'm on tapatalk right now, so can't get you the link.

I can't get the drivers to install on windows 8 64 bit. So this wont work for now. Do you know a working windows 8 driver? I tried install htc sync and it installed but it still didn't detect my phone though adb.

Pons

Sep 2, 2010
I can't get the drivers to install on windows 8 64 bit. So this wont work for now. Do you know a working windows 8 driver? I tried install htc sync and it installed but it still didn't detect my phone though adb.

Sorry, haven't looked into this since I'm strictly Linux when dealing with Android, nor have I even Googled this yet.