white screen EVO 4G

Search This thread

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
You can check the MD5 of the file you downloaded versus the original. So long as they match you're good to go and you can rule out the file being corrupt. Can you take a picture of your recovery screen and post it here?

Also, check PM.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

DenisR80

Dec 2, 2012
That recovery should work fine. Install a ROM on your SD card. Afterwards, go into your recovery and wipe only data & system. Once you've done this, flash the ROM you downloaded to your SD card. Then reboot. Remember, the first boot will take several minutes. Report back after you've done this.

Use the ROM in the link below. The download link is in post #3 under Current Releases. Download either ROM.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671395

after trying installing im getting installing update...
assert failed: package-extract_file ('bot.img"."/tmp/boot.img")
E: Error in sd/card/file.zip (status 7)

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
See my previous reply.

It sounds like you still have the stock Android recovery in place, which is why I asked you to post a picture of your recovery screen.

Last edited:

DenisR80

Dec 2, 2012
See my previous reply.

It sounds like you still have the stock Android recovery in place, which is why I asked you to post a picture of your recovery screen.

17b9ly.jpg

MD5 is ok

shortydoggg

Apr 11, 2011
Ok, the next question, is your Sdcard full? Maybe it isn't but Rom flashes will tend to fail if that sdcard is just about full.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shortydoggg

Apr 11, 2011
Speaking of sdcard, I'm believing that could be your problem, but I could be wrong. That Rom and Recovery should have worked just fine.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Also, please tell us that your bootloader is still unlocked, because you did mention earlier that RUUs fail even if the bootloader is Relocked.

DenisR80

Dec 2, 2012
Speaking of sdcard, I'm believing that could be your problem, but I could be wrong. That Rom and Recovery should have worked just fine.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Also, please tell us that your bootloader is still unlocked, because you did mention earlier that RUUs fail even if the bootloader is Relocked.

my it was a sd card i put another one and somehow rom got installed but after finishing installation the phone started normally but when finished all steps time and date then i clicked settings and phone got frozen so i removed battery and the phone again is on white screen i think its a hardware problem ?

shortydoggg

Apr 11, 2011
Ok, go to recovery again, factory reset, wipe cache, and dalvik cache, then reflash the ROM one more time. If it fails again, then it's definitely a hardware issue. At least we're beginning to find the root causes of the problem.