Updating SGH-I747 from 4.1.1 to 4.3

Search This thread

Hubbins

Jul 18, 2014
I've looked around a bit and can't quite find someone that has had my specific situation.
I have a AT&T S3 SGH-I747 that is rooted running stock 4.1.1 with CWM 6.0.4.7. I have updated the modem and bootloader (Baseband - I747UCUEMJB and Build # JRO03L.I747UCDLK3).

I have tried to flash custom and stock ROMS with CWM but get stuck on the glowing Samsung logo. I have tried to follow the instructions listed here but I cannot flash the stock ROM with ODEN.

I am not sure as to what to attempt next. I first want to be able to update to 4.3/4.4.2 and then try custom builds.

I have all my apps and data backed up with MyBackup and a Nandroid backup as well.

Thank you.

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Are you wiping the cache, davilk, and data before of after flashing the ROM?

Hubbins

Jul 18, 2014
I wipe/format before the flash. I factory reset, clear cache, clear davilk, format data, and format system then flash the ROM. I've tried several combinations of clearing/formatting. The flash always goes well and then I reboot. The boot goes and then just sits at the Samsung logo (It does make the AT&T sound during this time)

Last edited:

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
I wipe/format before the flash. I factory reset, clear cache, clear davilk, format data, and format system then flash the ROM. I've tried several combinations of clearing/formatting. The flash always goes well and then I reboot. The boot goes and then just sits at the Samsung logo (It does make the AT&T sound during this time)

Try to factory reset once the flash is done if it doesn't boot after 5-10min.

Hubbins

Jul 18, 2014
Unfortunately that tip did not appear to help. I still got stuck on the glowing Samsung logo.

I was final able to flash 4.3 using the method here using odin.