[Q] How to save Rom from XT 720

Search This thread

Zachary57

Feb 2, 2011
Hello,

Can someone explain how to save original rom from Milestone XT720 ?

Thank you and sorry for my english.

R-D

Dec 19, 2010
I came to ask the same question, I have a S/W version that is not found on that site.

My S/W is: STR_U2_05.1F.2

My carrier is Wind Mobile in Canada

I just want to ensure that I can flash it back if I have any issues with Dexter's 2.2 rom.

Also does anyone know if the network name will stay the same without an original Wind configuration. ie. right now it says "WIND Home" or "WIND Away" to tell me if I am on their network or roaming.

D

Deleted member 3486104

I am also looking for the default stock Wind firmware

Iced27

Dec 30, 2010
Vancouver, BC, CAN
Also does anyone know if the network name will stay the same without an original Wind configuration. ie. right now it says "WIND Home" or "WIND Away" to tell me if I am on their network or roaming.

It's the SIM and the network that tell the phone what to call the network. I'm using Dexter's 2.2 ROM from the US Brightpoint sbf (I'm on WIND but when I tried to flash to the Korean sbf from my stock WIND ROM, it just constantly FC'd). As of now it's showing me "WIND Home".

Last edited:
Reactions: molohov

molohov

Dec 22, 2010
San Jose, CA
Lenovo P11
I am also a Wind customer. I previously messed up the bootup files on my phone, so I had to flash it. I used the Cincinatti Bell ROM, i believe, from the site with all the SBFs (sorry, don't have it with me :() I can confirm the ROM works identically to the previous WIND rom, with some small differences. One notable one is that the system's voltage seems to be higher (usually between 3.9 and 4.0), when the stock ROM seemed to read a bit lower.

I am going to install Dexter's rom over the reading week, how has your experience been with it so far, Iced? Great to know that it will work on our phones. Did you have to re-add the APN after the flash?

Iced27

Dec 30, 2010
Vancouver, BC, CAN
My experience so far

I am going to install Dexter's rom over the reading week, how has your experience been with it so far, Iced? Great to know that it will work on our phones. Did you have to re-add the APN after the flash?

Nope, didn't have to deal with that at all. As far as my first day with this ROM, its been good and bad. I had the same Facebook contact sync issue happen to me (not super important, already have to numbers I need in the cloud, sync is just slightly handy for a few things), and that my text scrolling would not work at all in any textbox (very useful in my opinion). The biggest issue would have to be Google maps taking a nosedive. It has a "Login Failed" error just after you open the app and it becomes sluggish and unusable after that. Had to uninstall after it started to FC and slowed my whole phone down (Went from 28ishMs to around 10 or less Ms according to my taskmanager). Might re-flash my phone or redo Dexter's nandroid backup if this keeps up and start fresh and clean again, didn't have a lot of luck with my Titanium Backup. Beside all that, great being able to use voice search, native apps2SD and the other FroYo goodies :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It may be easier to download the ROM image directly from Motorola using these links

http://and-developers.com/sbf:xt720

It's the SIM and the network that tell the phone what to call the network. I'm using Dexter's 2.2 ROM from the US Brightpoint sbf (I'm on WIND but when I tried to flash to the Korean sbf from my stock WIND ROM, it just constantly FC'd). As of now it's showing me "WIND Home".