KEXEC RELEASED!!!!! Kernels for one and for all incoming.

Search This thread

lukas77

Mar 14, 2008
Wroclaw
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Not quite true. The Xperia x10 had a locked bootloader but the community was able to bypass it and you could install custom kernels as well as roms. The only thing was that the phone took a little longer to boot because it would load the stock kernel first to get the system up and running, then load the custom kernel.

You're right, same Moto Defy, it has locked bootloader but you can bypass it by second init and run custom kernel. It's possible!
This news is made my day :)

CarlosBattousai

Oct 11, 2011
Nyc
This is good news since I'm saving up to get a Razr Maxx (Fill price my upgrade isn't due for a year...)

I know it's a bit of a long shot or maybe even too soon,but could this be used to unlock other moto devices? I really hope so!!!

Well that's enough of my wishful thinking xD

LOCKDOC_UA

Nov 11, 2011
Kherson
I didn't followed his thread but if that's true (gsm brick) I'm ready to donate some bucks)
It will (or not) be my first donation to any developer ; )

xKrisx

Jan 27, 2011
Kholk bricked his GSM Razr awhile back before he even started working on the Kexec bypass. He has a working GSM Razr now and that is what he's using. As far as I know, he hasn't bricked his Razr by attempting a Kexec bypass. But for those who are curious, he has both a GSM and CDMA Razr to play with now.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: spawns

zeidof

Apr 5, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi 12
Kholk bricked his GSM Razr awhile back before he even started working on the Kexec bypass. He has a working GSM Razr now and that is what he's using. As far as I know, he hasn't bricked his Razr by attempting a Kexec bypass. But for those who are curious, he has both a GSM and CDMA Razr to play with now.

I know he has a developer edition now & he's working on kexec yet

Sliced by my Razr on Tapatalk

romdroid.

Jul 27, 2010

Thanks for clearing things up :eek:

kholk

Retired Recognized Developer
May 20, 2007
Torino
Guys I've read something on there...
Just want to say some things!

My RAZR is fine and I'm still working on that: at the moment the only remaining problem is the dualcore.
The kernel gets booted just fine and it is also fast like using both cores...while it can only use a single core out of the OMAP4430... for now.

We haven't still released kexec because, at the moment, the procedure isn't that user friendly other than there's still the dualcore problem.

A release should anyway be ...imminent.

Just wait some other time.. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THE GSM AND CDMA RAZR'S BOOTLOADERS HAVE BEEN BYPASSED BY KHOLK & [mbm]!
    See here for proof: http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/9231/imag0002b.jpg

Only one core is working, but it's still smooth as hell. Can't wait to see what devs do with it!
    Download, source, and screenshots are here!
    Guys I've read something on there...
    Just want to say some things!

My RAZR is fine and I'm still working on that: at the moment the only remaining problem is the dualcore.
    The kernel gets booted just fine and it is also fast like using both cores...while it can only use a single core out of the OMAP4430... for now.

We haven't still released kexec because, at the moment, the procedure isn't that user friendly other than there's still the dualcore problem.

A release should anyway be ...imminent.

Just wait some other time.. :)
    Guys, not only by me.

I'm actually not working alone but with [mbm], and he's an awesome developer.

Thanks anyway ;)
    Guys, sorry for the delay!
    We've decided to make it to be perfectly working and tested on CDMA RAZR and release it for both the XT910 (GSM) and XT912 (CDMA).

However, about the second core we've got a damn bad problem: since the OMAP4 in our device is working in Secure mode, making it to work will require some time and we'll probably release kexec prior fixing that problem.

In this week we will receive the CDMA RAZR, so, most probably, some days after receiving it we will be able to also release kexec.

I don't wanna give any sure ETA, but it should be released by the end of the week.
    KHOLK AND MBM ARE DOING WORK THAT NOBODY ELSE WANTED TO/CAN DO.

Asking if it's bull****, calling him a fake, etc. etc. every two posts is not exactly something you should be spouting every two posts when someone is doing something as a favor to you. If you're skeptical then be skeptical, don't be like romdroid and post about it two times on every page. You're just annoying and you're probably giving kholk a headache. It's his choice to fill you in or to not fill you in. Wait patiently like everyone else. Be grateful that someone's stepping up to the plate. This is why most devs don't post on XDA anymore.