THIS IS FOR ICS-B4 ONLY

TWRP Port

el36sy.jpg

What works:
Boots
landscape mode
Touch
Backup to Internal and External
USB Mount (have to install Streak 7 ADB drivers and use 'adb shell')
Restore from Internal

What doesn't:
Let me know here.

Download link:
https://github.com/giveen/twrp_streak7/downloads

Mirror
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0ozkQsJWIScRFVuN010eTQzd1U

Flash using fastboot

TWRP Team
Dees_Troy

Last edited:

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
Reverting some settings result in a successful backup to internal storage, need to work on getting both internal and external to work.

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
Just fastbooted it! Very nice work.

Backup worked but didn't try to restore. Minor cosmetic issue on mount screen, check mark circle for "internal sd" covers the last two characters of the "external sd" text or "sd".

Yeah, those things are probably from the fact the 800x480 are from a Gtab, I might try to clean that up later.

Doing a restore from internal and external storage now to see if it works.

Last edited:

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
@giveen...

So when you say adb shell you meant I have access to the file system once mounted but not in an USB mass storage way? I have to use adb push, pull commands?

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using Tapatalk 2

I did "Mount USB" from inside the TWRP
It showed up in my Device Manager as "Ventana", installed ADB driver for Dell Streak 7

From command line I ran "adb shell", so I am assuming "adb push/pull" will work as well right now.

Also, the cosmetic issue of "mount internal / external " will be fixed hopefully tomorrow. I've moved the button over 200px and now just need to move the text.

Reactions: P0MM3S

nagahtom

Jun 15, 2010
Giveen,

Thanks for the recovery.img. Did a backup and it appeared to work fine. Haven't done a restore yet.
For those who are as backwards as I am, this might help getting you into TWRP menu.

Power off your Streak

1) press and hold Vol + and power buttons until you get a menu
2) When the menu comes up, select option 2 (Software upgrade via update package on SD card)

That will take you into the cool TWRP menu.

Again, thanks Giveen for all of your hard work.

Reactions: autonami and giveen

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
awesome!

This is the most groundbreaking development for our streaks since the ICSbeta builds.

Giveen, you should feel amazing about the progress you are making. Am I wrong to assume you used the TWRP porting guide to create this recovery? I'm just curious to know your resources so I can look into having my windows pc recognize the streak7 similar to the way it does when powered on (mtd?) ADB is fine and all, it would just be perfect to be able to drag n drop through Windows... I was able to do that on my HTC Evo using twrp.

I have begun to search for generic ics flashable zip mods to test out :)

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
This is the most groundbreaking development for our streaks since the ICSbeta builds.

Giveen, you should feel amazing about the progress you are making. Am I wrong to assume you used the TWRP porting guide to create this recovery? I'm just curious to know your resources so I can look into having my windows pc recognize the streak7 similar to the way it does when powered on (mtd?) ADB is fine and all, it would just be perfect to be able to drag n drop through Windows... I was able to do that on my HTC Evo using twrp.

I have begun to search for generic ics flashable zip mods to test out :)

Yes, I used this guide
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/23903-how-to-compile-twrp-from-source/

And talked it over with one of the main dev's Dees_Troy

I did talk to him about MTP, but he said he wasn't sure yet about how to implement it.

ssmr2t

Jan 19, 2011
Does this mean that my device is read only?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 211

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
I replied to the OP on twitter, but if you look really carefully at the command line picture he posted, you shall see the problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS FOR ICS-B4 ONLY

TWRP Port

el36sy.jpg

What works:
    Boots
    landscape mode
    Touch
    Backup to Internal and External
    USB Mount (have to install Streak 7 ADB drivers and use 'adb shell')
    Restore from Internal

What doesn't:
    Let me know here.

Download link:
    https://github.com/giveen/twrp_streak7/downloads

Mirror
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0ozkQsJWIScRFVuN010eTQzd1U

Flash using fastboot

TWRP Team
    Dees_Troy
    Done. Link and instructions on how to install in OP
    Giveen,

Thanks for the recovery.img. Did a backup and it appeared to work fine. Haven't done a restore yet.
    For those who are as backwards as I am, this might help getting you into TWRP menu.

Power off your Streak

1) press and hold Vol + and power buttons until you get a menu
    2) When the menu comes up, select option 2 (Software upgrade via update package on SD card)

That will take you into the cool TWRP menu.

Again, thanks Giveen for all of your hard work.
    I'm going to help you, though you have annoyed me. Posting in 6 different places isn't going to get your question answered.

You need to restore to Android 2.2 using this file
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0ozkQsJWIScSFVkOUdXcFFZWUE/edit?usp=sharing
    @giveen...

So when you say adb shell you meant I have access to the file system once mounted but not in an USB mass storage way? I have to use adb push, pull commands?

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using Tapatalk 2