[Q] Restoring stock recovery on Galaxy tab 2 7.0 p3110

Search This thread
Jul 1, 2012
Ive installed cwm recovery to root but have decided to prepare myself if i need to send back for warranty issues.

Ive read through all the threads but cant find a solution.

I need to restore my tab 2 7.0 p3110 back to the stock recovery and remove cwm recovery.

Please can someone help and give me some directions and relevant stock recovery zip so I can do this.

Thanks.

James

freakyblake

Jul 1, 2012
Me too

Same question as you.
I have gtab 2 P3100 flashed by CWM recovery 5.0.0.4 and do nandroid back up succesfuly but not rooted yet. I decide not to root mine before updated to ics 4.0.4. And now i would like to revert back to stock recovery.
Does anyone have stock recovery image of P3100?

I know this can be done by flashing stock rom but my internet connection very slow i couldn't to download such a big file ( over 600mb).

Thank you. Regards

kwbr

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 17, 2007
Please can someone help and give me some directions and relevant stock recovery zip so I can do this.

Thanks.

James
James, find attached the recovery image for p3110 (Galaxy Tab 2 7") extracted from the samsung P3110XXALD4 rom. Android 4.0.3 dated 2012 April.

fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery.img

flash at own risk!

MD5 checksum recovery image: 8F7C6974BDB86A88380D50E2528564C5

Attachments

• recoveryP3110PHNALD2.rar
    5 MB · Views: 3,031
Last edited:
Reactions: jimmyboyuk1981
Jul 1, 2012
figured it out myself

Thanks mate but figures it out a couple of days ago and used odin to flash the original recovery and everything.

I ended up returning the tablet. Wasnt impressed with the blocky graphics when scrolling whilst browsing and the unsupported apps such as from gameloft was the tip of the iceberg.

Ordered a google nexus 7 now after much deliberation and will hopefully come back to xda to follow custom development on this awesome machine.

Again, thanks. But the nexus 7 renders this tablet as obselete as a 386 sx25 :)

Sccrluk9

Jan 20, 2011
The nexus doesn't do anything to this tablet with cm9 on it. You also have to deal with no storage on the nexus

Sent from my SCH-I400 using xda app-developers app

Jul 1, 2012
I cant agree with you there. The nexus has a quad core processor to the tab 2's dual. It has a full 1gb ram instead of 780mb. Amuch better resolution at 1280 x 720. With a ppi ot 216. Also jelly bean with no custom ui.

Also isnt there microphone problems on cm9 with this model.

With all respect to ur development expertise. No micro sd card slit but with 16gb ram is more than enough. Unless u dont own a desktop pc or laptop for movie viewing etc.

I barely ever go past the 10gb mark on storage on tablets and uninstall games rather than have then sitting on my sd card. My music collection is also less than 3gb.

Tegra 3 12 core gpu destroys ti omap 4430 hands down.

I have used cyanogenmod many times however custom roms and kernels also outdo cyanogen everytime almost.

Thanks for your input but the tab 2 is already yesterdays news. Just like the nexus 7 will be in 6-9 months.

Asus rocks :)

humanform

Jul 16, 2012
I cant agree with you there. The nexus has a quad core processor to the tab 2's dual. It has a full 1gb ram instead of 780mb. Amuch better resolution at 1280 x 720. With a ppi ot 216. Also jelly bean with no custom ui.

Also isnt there microphone problems on cm9 with this model.

With all respect to ur development expertise. No micro sd card slit but with 16gb ram is more than enough. Unless u dont own a desktop pc or laptop for movie viewing etc.

I barely ever go past the 10gb mark on storage on tablets and uninstall games rather than have then sitting on my sd card. My music collection is also less than 3gb.

Tegra 3 12 core gpu destroys ti omap 4430 hands down.

I have used cyanogenmod many times however custom roms and kernels also outdo cyanogen everytime almost.

Thanks for your input but the tab 2 is already yesterdays news. Just like the nexus 7 will be in 6-9 months.

Asus rocks :)

If you don't watch movies, listen to music or play games, what are you using your quad-core gpu (i'm assuming you mean CPU) to destroy?…Facebook?

Speaking from experience (I rooted and installed both ICS and JB on my gTab), I can say I am ready to go back to Samsung's TouchWiz. It takes fewer steps to get to settings in the notification area, has a task manager that kills all apps at once, and my movies are not thrown in together with my pictures. My movie thumbnails are in columns instead if one vertical line down the middle of my tablet. It's obvious Android is made for phones instead of tablets. That's where custom UIs outshine.

Thank you for your input but you may want to do a little research and get your facts straight before being condescending towards other people and their opinions. The Nexus resolution is 1280X800 and both tablets have 1 GB of RAM.

Devtodi

Aug 16, 2011
Marin County
I was just given a wifi only tab 2 7.0 and I need to get it back to stock. Does qbking77 have a video? It is the 3113 model. Help please.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

jachar

Mar 13, 2011
Monterrey
Thanks mate but figures it out a couple of days ago and used odin to flash the original recovery and everything.

I ended up returning the tablet. Wasnt impressed with the blocky graphics when scrolling whilst browsing and the unsupported apps such as from gameloft was the tip of the iceberg.

Ordered a google nexus 7 now after much deliberation and will hopefully come back to xda to follow custom development on this awesome machine.

Again, thanks. But the nexus 7 renders this tablet as obselete as a 386 sx25 :)

Where did you find the original image?

Jul 1, 2012
Reponse to the Troll post response

If you don't watch movies, listen to music or play games, what are you using your quad-core gpu (i'm assuming you mean CPU) to destroy?…Facebook?

Speaking from experience (I rooted and installed both ICS and JB on my gTab), I can say I am ready to go back to Samsung's TouchWiz. It takes fewer steps to get to settings in the notification area, has a task manager that kills all apps at once, and my movies are not thrown in together with my pictures. My movie thumbnails are in columns instead if one vertical line down the middle of my tablet. It's obvious Android is made for phones instead of tablets. That's where custom UIs outshine.

Thank you for your input but you may want to do a little research and get your facts straight before being condescending towards other people and their opinions. The Nexus resolution is 1280X800 and both tablets have 1 GB of RAM.

Oops mistyped and wrote the wrong specific resolution. I'll have to say that if you are going to be a pedantic samsung fanboy troll, u need to get your facts straight. Nexus resolution is 1205x800, so both were wrong. The Samsung has got less than 800mb ram total for youor information that is used FACT.

To answer your first troll(ey) little comment. I stated that they werent the reasons Im buying it (movies/Music). I also stated that I dont leave games installed unless I play them constantly, or thats what any normal person would have realised.

I think you'll find that YOU are the condescending one, I merely stated my opinion from knowledge.

Hope you enjoy your Samsung Galaxy Fail 2, I'll just sit back play a couple of games, surf the internet without blocky graphics when scrolling and enjoy general awesome buttery use of my nexus :victory:

Archer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Come on guys - calm it down. We all have different devices and different opinions. This thread is not about that, however.

Keep it friendly from now on or I'll start dishing out warnings.

Reactions: Mr Anderson

dukhan

Jul 11, 2009
James, find attached the recovery image for p3110 (Galaxy Tab 2 7") extracted from the samsung P3110XXALD4 rom. Android 4.0.3 dated 2012 April.

flash at own risk!

how to flash it?

Drobanir

Jul 31, 2012

flash at own risk!

I tried this, but I only get this:
Code:
< waiting for device >
Any suggestions?

Note: I am trying to install the original recovery image so I can install the 4.0.4 update, which now fails to install because of the CWM-recovery.

Last edited:

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
The nexus doesn't do anything to this tablet with cm9 on it. You also have to deal with no storage on the nexus

Sent from my SCH-I400 using xda app-developers app

If you root the Nexus 7 you can use an OTG cable and use whatever storage you want. I bought the Tab2 for the micro sd feature but honestly, the 7 blows it away in every category except having a built in micro sd and a rear camera. If you need use removable storage, don't intend to root and need the rear camera, the Tab2 is a great option. If you plan to root, don't use the rear camera, and are OK using a short OTG cable, there is no reason to get the Tab2 over the 7 in my opinion. The 7 is blazing fast, has a better screen, better memory, is cheaper and does not have the bloatware that the Samsung has. If I had it to do all over again, I would have skipped the Tab2 for the 7. Yes, I have both although Samsung has had to replace my Tab2 due to not being able to repair it.

ruben00

Jun 19, 2004
NYC, NY
I need to do the same thing as you:)
I found the correct firmware. How do i go about flashing it? Can I do so from cwm? Will it remove custom kernels as well?

If you flash a new firmware from sammobile you will need ODIN (be careful, you can brick your tab if you mess up), and it will wipe your tablet (kernel, os, etc) and return it to stock, so then you have to start from the begining

Can you tell me what an OTG cable is? I am seriously considering the nexus 7. THANKS

Sent from my NookColor using xda premium

OTG mean On-The-Go Cable. One end connects to your tablet, the other end is a USB female port that will allow you to plug in things like a USB flash drive, or DSLR camera, or Memory card reader, as long as the device power requirements are low or self powered

Here is a link to a list of OTG cables from Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...electronics&field-keywords=google+nexus+7+otg

I use an OTG cable for my Gtab2 connected to my Canon DSLR and it works great!!

Reactions: Xdevillived666

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks.

James

flash at own risk!

Come on guys - calm it down. We all have different devices and different opinions. This thread is not about that, however.

Keep it friendly from now on or I'll start dishing out warnings.
    I need to do the same thing as you:)
    I found the correct firmware. How do i go about flashing it? Can I do so from cwm? Will it remove custom kernels as well?

If you flash a new firmware from sammobile you will need ODIN (be careful, you can brick your tab if you mess up), and it will wipe your tablet (kernel, os, etc) and return it to stock, so then you have to start from the begining

Can you tell me what an OTG cable is? I am seriously considering the nexus 7. THANKS

Sent from my NookColor using xda premium

OTG mean On-The-Go Cable. One end connects to your tablet, the other end is a USB female port that will allow you to plug in things like a USB flash drive, or DSLR camera, or Memory card reader, as long as the device power requirements are low or self powered

Here is a link to a list of OTG cables from Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...electronics&field-keywords=google+nexus+7+otg

I use an OTG cable for my Gtab2 connected to my Canon DSLR and it works great!!
    Does anyone know about how to put a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5100) back to stock? Odin and a zip/tar/img? Where can I find the right one? Thanks a lot!

I have tried Sailfish OS and I love it! Problem is that things I need don't work on the tab 2 yet. Therefore I would need to get back to original...

Thank you!

/Martin Book
    You can download stock rom from updato.
    To install it use odin. If you are rooted you could also use flashfire (that way you will not need a computer at all).
    This is where that button gets me to:
    This means you should first disable your adblock. If the problem continues try to download from another device or a pc.