[App][2.3+]Popup Player for Youtube

Search This thread

digitalportal

Jul 29, 2013
PopUp Player For YouTube allows you to watch videos and use other Android apps at the same time. This app is for users who want to multi-task on their Android devices.

Google Play Store Link

Features:
* Video player window hovers above all other running applications and runs in background
* Integrated YouTube video search inside app
* Top Daily Videos search shows the hottest videos updated daily (most used feature currently)
* Open YouTube links from web sites and Google's YouTube App (via Share) (*PopUp Player must be running first)
* Pinch to Re-size Support for adjusting windows (hide and maximize window)
* Video continues playing with screen turned off and lock screen on (useful for jogging and listening to videos)
* Works great on smaller smartphones screens and especially great on Tablets and (Glaxy S3, Note, Note II)
* Windows smoothly transition on landscape to portrait orientation change
* Continuous play mode plays entire search list back to back
* Use 'menu' device button to hide player window quickly
* Starts quicker than the stock YouTube app

Attachments

• PopupPlayerYouTube_xda.apk
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,928
Last edited by a moderator:

Joaovictors

Jul 24, 2013
Fantastic!

(Is that all right? ->
i.imgur.com/E1rPOeJ.jpg)
Sent from my XT916 using xda app-developers app

Asadullah

Aug 24, 2010
casselberry
First error message. Installed both apps on my ouya the browser works fine and resizes great but the youtube app isn't able to be resized since their isn't the resize tab on the bottom right. That's not really a big deal but for some reason the app forces a full screen mode and I couldn't get out of it for nothing had to do a reboot and it just kept on playing.
I'm thinking that on normal devices i could use the notification bar to get out of it but the ouya doesn't have a notification bar. I know that you can have shortcut keys to do certain things (saw it in the home sample) like exit or minimize. Thanks for your hard work and the app

digitalportal

Jul 29, 2013
Wow, thats pretty brave to try to get this running on OUYA...

Regarding re-sizing, you can use pinch gesture to re-size as needed for Popup Player and Popup Browser ....will look into fixing any other issues you may run into for OUYA...

djcyph

Nov 23, 2007
does this work with rooted devices? im getting the error "an error occured while initialzing the YouTube Player" and below that another error saying (SERVICE INVALID)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PopUp Player For YouTube allows you to watch videos and use other Android apps at the same time. This app is for users who want to multi-task on their Android devices.

Google Play Store Link

Features:
    * Video player window hovers above all other running applications and runs in background
    * Integrated YouTube video search inside app
    * Top Daily Videos search shows the hottest videos updated daily (most used feature currently)
    * Open YouTube links from web sites and Google's YouTube App (via Share) (*PopUp Player must be running first)
    * Pinch to Re-size Support for adjusting windows (hide and maximize window)
    * Video continues playing with screen turned off and lock screen on (useful for jogging and listening to videos)
    * Works great on smaller smartphones screens and especially great on Tablets and (Glaxy S3, Note, Note II)
    * Windows smoothly transition on landscape to portrait orientation change
    * Continuous play mode plays entire search list back to back
    * Use 'menu' device button to hide player window quickly
    * Starts quicker than the stock YouTube app
    Works great on macks newest rom on note 2. Loving this app.
    awsome app. working great on my lg optimus 2x with CM7. tnx :D
    My review of this awesome app feedback welcomed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc20hLvq_Ys&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
    Same for me....service invalid

should work on rooted devices, you will need to have Youtube app installed first....